Gaming thinking about selling my 3ds...

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and i got it for x-mas and i'm kinda thinking why? the ds still has good games (not coming out...) but still i like it better i know the 3ds may or may not be hackable and if it does i'll jump back into the 3ds boat so i'm going trade it to gamestop tommorow along with both RE games (just wish i had one more game for the offer at gamestop LOL) and i know kid ircus is coming out but i don't see what's the hype for now but who knows?

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
I feel that Gamestop pay's poorly for trades on most of the stuff they take in, (that's the main profit they make reselling used stuff they ripped someone else off on).

Wouldn't you be better off selling It to someone you know, on a forum, craigs list or eBay?

As for the rest you wrote, Im with you but I never bought or was gifted a 3DS.

Reactions: 2 people

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah there's offing 70 bucks for it and also 7 bucks for RE:TH and 16 for RE:R so that's not bad... just wish i had one more game for my 3ds... i can trade in...so i can get that 10 dollar bonus offer...

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah there's offing 70 bucks for it and also 7 bucks for RE:TH and 16 for RE:R so that's not bad... just wish i had one more game for my 3ds... i can trade in...so i can get that 10 dollar bonus offer...

if the ds haves such great games them why dont use the damn 3DS to play those games

Gamestop if going to rip you off try to sell it on ebay

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if the ds haves such great games them why dont use the damn 3DS to play those games

Gamestop if going to rip you off try to sell it on ebay

yeah but i like my old phatty better. and i don't feel like selling it on ebay casue i need the money for something else. i have not made up my mind if i'm going do it or not... ah fuck it i'm not going trade it in mother fucker... i knew i should of never spent that 50 bucks on lotto tickets and food and an arcade stick oh well.

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well thanks guys i won't trade it for 2 reasons

1:kid ircus
2:heros of runes

so yeah...

and other dlc games coming out.

Hanks6

Trophies
XP
Country
70 bucks aint shit they give awful trade in prices for the most part. good decision to keep it, unless you have a direct buyer with a fair price. ebay too many fees.

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plus one more reason my brother and my ass hole dad would kill me if they found out. also yeah i think i'm going stop trading stuff in at gamestop i'll only buy i guess plus i got about 4 or 5 local stores and a flea market that's open on weekends.

freaksloan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazon will give you $88 for the 3DS and $21.60 for RE:R.

Amazon pays better than Gamestop, and Amazon game prices are usually cheaper also.

But I think you should stick with it and keep your 3DS.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kid Icarus will be awesome. As will the new Super Smash Bros, the new 2D Mario platformer, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, and Paper Mario.

And most likely, several others.

Reactions: 2 people

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3396785+_aea5ee81d36e74c807bf7c2d1c4b163b.gif

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go ahead, sell it if you want to. Are you looking for us to talk you out of it or something???

Believe it or not, before the internet came along ... we had to make up our own minds. Can you imagine that?!?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Selling the console right at the beginning of it's life cycle? I dunno, I just hope you don't end up re-buying it when a game comes out that you want.

In any case, stay clear of Gamestop trade ins. They rip you off like fist of north star.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel that Gamestop pay's poorly for trades

captain_obvious_to_the_rescue.gif

Anyways, I say just keep it. Never trade or sell consoles. It's a waste of money to you, you might as well have burned up 200 dollars in the firepit. And always having your first console down the years is awesome, because people will talk about it, and you'll be like "YA MAN I STILL HAVE MINE!"

Seriously, you have no idea how good it feels to still have an original N64, Genesis, NES and SNES thats been from you're childhood.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, you have no idea how good it feels to still have an original N64, Genesis, NES and SNES thats been from you're childhood.
So true... I still have my N64, GCN, and GBA... So badly wish my mom didn't make me give away my NES and SNES when I got the newer systems. :( She just didn't understand the concept of "no backward compatibility". lol

crazyj3ss

hmm
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So true... I still have my N64, GCN, and GBA... So badly wish my mom didn't make me give away my NES and SNES when I got the newer systems. :( She just didn't understand the concept of "no backward compatibility". lol

Sorry if this sounds a little off topic but...

Gamecube 4eva!!!!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Selling the console right at the beginning of it's life cycle? I dunno, I just hope you don't end up re-buying it when a game comes out that you want.

Whilst i sympathise with this statement, experience with the DS and PSP (and even 3DS itself) has taught us to expect hardware revisions. Selling it now before they're announced and then rebuying it later when the games library is good and it's been revamped (possible second stick integrated?) might be a better financial move.

Also to address Valwin's point, the DS is still a better way to play DS games than the 3DS, and that's not a good enough reason to keep a console if you feel it's own software isn't good enough at the moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"