Homebrew Thinking about getting Menuhax... anyway to get custom themes yet?

MajorMajora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, i believe in the menuhax installer through the HBL you can install custom themes now
Ok sounds good! I'm currently on 10.3 and I really want to get back on the eShop, I'm planning on updating and losing Ironhax. I'm going to need the eShop so I can get Pokemon Yellow, and the Smash DLC later this month.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok sounds good! I'm currently on 10.3 and I really want to get back on the eShop, I'm planning on updating and losing Ironhax. I'm going to need the eShop so I can get Pokemon Yellow, and the Smash DLC later this month.
why not downgrade instead then install cfw then install emunand then update emunand to 10.5?

Reactions: Deleted User

MajorMajora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your on 10.3 i'd reccomend downgrading now because people are having problems on 10.5
(Unless of course you dont want to downgrade sysNAND, which in that case go ahead!)
I really don't want to downgrade, sounds to risky, plus I'm not into getting .CIA's right now.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't want to downgrade, sounds to risky, plus I'm not into getting .CIA's right now.
honestly if the program fails the likely result will be a 10.5 console (bricks only occur if you use the wrong update pack)
ex: 2ds system and using n3ds update pack
or
n3ds and used o3ds update pack

make sure you have your systems update pack and your good

Reactions: MajorMajora

MajorMajora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated, @wormdood thanks for the reply to! I'm not interested in downgrading at this time, I'm sure there will be other methods in the future.

It seems you can indeed use themes with menuhax, is it one theme at a time? Or can you use shuffle?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Updated, @wormdood thanks for the reply to! I'm not interested in downgrading at this time, I'm sure there will be other methods in the future.

It seems you can indeed use themes with menuhax, is it one theme at a time? Or can you use shuffle?
It's up to you, but I don't think you'll see anything for 10.4 and over for at least a year, or until a few months after the NX is released and updates cease for the 3DS. You'll be in the same boat in 2016 as all the people in 2015 who had a 9.2 system in November 2014 and decided to update rather than use Gateway's downgrade method (or wait). (i.e. Watching everyone else have all the fun for over a year).

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't the HANS spoof still work >10.1? Or did I miss something?

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure Nintendo patched it a little while ago.
Right, for consoles <10.2, on 10.2 you could access eShop even though 10.3 was the latest system version, and people could do it on 9.5 emuNAND on n3ds by installing the new eShop CIA (which is how Nintendo patched it) and spoofing with HANS, so unless you can point me to anywhere that says "nope doesn't work" then someone will just have to try it I guess

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...