Thinking about getting a PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by killermike, Nov 18, 2008.

Nov 18, 2008
  1. killermike
    OP

Newcomer killermike Member

United States
    Hi everyone I was going to get a PSP for Christmas and I was wondering where I could buy one that I would know it is hackable because I hear that Firmware 4.01 or something is no longer hackable so if anyone could give me a site that sells older versions of the PSP with hackable firmware that would be nice. Oh and I would like it to be new if I must I can buy used though.

2. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    You have a much higher probability of getting a hackable one if you buy used. If you buy new, stay away from the Piano Black PSP. Buy either the God of War bundle PSP, or the Daxter bundle PSP. Be warned that even if you buy these bundles, there's still a chance it will be unhackable.

Also, do not buy the new PSP 3000. Not just because it sucks balls, but because ALL of them are unhackable at this point.

3. killermike
    OP

United States
    Oh I was hoping to buy one from amazon so do not buy a new one from amazon I am guessing???

4. reimu

Newcomer reimu Advanced Member

Canada
    Try get a refurbished (or new) fat PSP if you can. The slim or PSP 2000 is hackable but more difficult. Either way, you will probably need a Pandora Battery unless you can manage to find a PSP with version 1.5 firmware. You may be able to find a new fat PSP on amazon, not sure.

5. killermike
    OP

United States
    I know that I was just wondering where I could get a Slim PSP that I could hack where I could get it new.

6. nutta_nic

Member nutta_nic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
  7. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    haha, no.

what it does is enable service mode on all psp2000's and up.
    the TA-088v3 psp2000 has always been able to do that with any jigkick battery, but still it isn't hacked.
    both the TA-088v3 and psp3000 still require properly signed ipl's to boot, and we still don't have those.

8. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    In this case I would stay away from purchasing online. It will be much harder to return if you get an unhackable one.

9. Blfdgfdghd

Banned Blfdgfdghd Banned

Canada
    i bought a bundle pack today and it has firmware 4.01 and it madden 09 [​IMG]