Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20120617T084927.jpg

I'll start it off with a few questions and statements.​
1) What's the average budget price for a smartphone? Budget set to ~$300max Looking @ $200-230.​
2) What do you think about my phone? Can you top it?
3) I was thinking of staying on the htc brand. What do you think?
4) Looking between 4.3-5in-ish~. I prefer 5in.~
5) No contract, already under one. Probably going to use sites like eBay. Recommendation for other sites?
6) Thoughts on the 3d phones?
7) I'm probably only going be able to afford a dual-core phone. May not need anymore than that anyway.
8) Good battery life. Good camera.
9) Prefer not have a use phone, but I can bend.
10)Should I just keep the phone I have a little longer?
-
11)I do prefer a sd card slot.

Plainscript

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not going to answer all: (most of these questions are personal anyway imo)

3. Even though I currently own a Samsung Omnia 7, I try to advise people most of the time to get something from HTC. Mostly because of the best bang for buck ratio, without feeling too much budget..

5. eBay got plenty of sellers selling new phones. So yes, good choice.

6. Never owned one. But I don't see anything added for the price they usually sell. But again, never owned one.

7. Haven't seen any sign of a max-budget, but yes - quadcore phones are quite pricey.

10. Is it currently running Android? Or still stock WM6.5. The HD2 also has a fairly decent Windows Phone 7 port - in case you might like that too. (WP8 phones are currently being released, so expect a huge price dropping of WP7-phones in the (near) future!)

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
1) What's the average budget price for a smartphone?
New: $300-900 (Very dependent on location and provider) Used: $200-700
Umm my phone see my sig. Maybe my Tablet too ;)
HTC released the first Android smartphone and was pretty much leading the smartphone business beside Apple.
5" screen is pretty huge to fin in your pocket. Mine is 4.7" and still my hand barely can reach each corner comfortably
5) No contract, already under one. Probably going to use sites like eBay. Recommendation for other sites?
Local stuff like craigslist problem here is defects. Before buying a SP analyze every pixel ;P.
I was never fond of them. Not many good ones really.
7) I'm probably only going be able to afford a dual-core phone. May no need anymore than that anyway.
Quadcore is the new thing and dual-core is outdating fast. Most of 2013 SP's should be quadcore only.
8) Good battery life. Good camera.
Really it depends of what SP. My HTC One X has 4 cores and one Low Power core. Which give me basically no batter drain when my device is in idle state (screen off, music, ect)
Used=cheaper New=Lighter wallet
10)Should I just keep the phone I have a little longer?
HTC HD2 is an amazing phone and honestly probably one of the best things that ever happened to Android (no joke) but is obviously outdated. Do you flash roms? play alot of 3d games? THD games?

So what would I recommend?

Google Nexus 4

Why?: This new Nexus 4 will always be updated to the latest android, Manufactured by LG (Not as good as HTC or Samsung but is defiantly in 3rd place for android), don't expect this SP to be outdated anytime soon because its packing the Snapdragon S4 Pro (Quadcore ;) ), 8MP camera with 1.3MP front cam, HDMI Port, Gorilla glass 2 and the best part>>>>>>>> The price starts at $300... :D

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
$300+
It's decent.
HTC is always good.
5in. is huge, and usually costly, but very nice indeed.
Honestly, ebay's probably the best place. Be sure to check feedback of all sellers.
They aren't worth it.
7) I'm probably only going be able to afford a dual-core phone. May no need anymore than that anyway.
Dual Core is okay, but is on the outs.
Some people keep their used phones in very good condition, and you get them cheaper.

If you are looking for contract phones, check out ATT's black Friday sale. You can get some pretty new/good phones (Like Samsung Galaxy SII) for only a penny, with a contract.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10. Is it currently running Android? Or still stock WM6.5. The HD2 also has a fairly decent Windows Phone 7 port - in case you might like that too. (WP8 phones are currently being released, so expect a huge price dropping of WP7-phones in the (near) future!)
Running android 2.2 something. Yeah I know, very outdated. :P
People dual boot as well,but I like android too much anyway to worry about that.

New: $300-900 (Very dependent on location and provider) Used: $200-700

$350-400+ is budget price? :lol:

Umm my phone see my sig. Maybe my Tablet too ;)
I meant at a low price point. :P

5" screen is pretty huge to fin in your pocket. Mine is 4.7" and still my hand barely can reach each corner comfortably
Well, I have big pockets and hands. :P

Used=cheaper New=Lighter wallet
True.

HTC HD2 is an amazing phone and honestly probably one of the best things that ever happened to Android (no joke) but is obviously outdated. Do you flash roms? play alot of 3d games? THD games?
Yes, I flash roms and I play a little (free) 3d games. You know, the ads filled kind.

So what would I recommend?

Google Nexus 4
Didn't that just released? Throws away the used option. :P

Why?: This new Nexus 4 will always be updated to the latest android, Manufactured by LG (Not as good as HTC or Samsung but is defiantly in 3rd place for android), don't expect this SP to be outdated anytime soon because its packing the Snapdragon S4 Pro (Quadcore ;) ), 8MP camera with 1.3MP front cam, HDMI Port, Gorilla glass 2 and the best part>>>>>>>> The price starts at $300... :D
No flash? Should I sell my old one, if/when I get a new phone?

$300+
Sounds reasonable.

If you are looking for contract phones, check out ATT's black Friday sale. You can get some pretty new/good phones (Like Samsung Galaxy SII) for only a penny, with a contract.

Already under contract.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.