Homebrew think im cursed (cant remove 022-2812 error)

Jimmay123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
D

Deleted User

nothing you can do right now coz the way to fix a 022-2812 ban is extremely private and only known to a few people.
I wouldn't say it's THAT private, but even if it was, it's a massive pain in the ass to do anyways. It's not just some kind of file swap or file edit that you do once and are done with.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say it's THAT private, but even if it was, it's a massive pain in the ass to do anyways. It's not just some kind of file swap or file edit that you do once and are done with.
The B9S firm that does it is private (unless somebody else released one), and it really is just as simple as dumping some files and putting them on the SD of a banned console. I mean, anyone can make their own with information found on 3dbrew.

Anyway, here's a PoC video.

This doesn't unban the console, mind you. It's just swapping the CTCert and DeviceID.

Last edited by Joom,
D

Deleted User

The B9S firm that does it is private (unless somebody else released one), and it really is just as simple as dumping some files and putting them on the SD of a banned console. I mean, anyone can make their own with information found on 3dbrew.

Anyway, here's a PoC video.

This doesn't unban the console, mind you. It's just swapping the CTCert and DeviceID.

The method I'm thinking of is entirely different, I think it's existed for a while now.

Reactions: pandavova and Joom

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What would that method be? I haven't heard of any other methods to properly get rid of the 022-2812 ban than the DeviceID/CTCert swap.

D

Deleted User

I've wondered about the method @ariankordi supposedly uses if that's the one you're referring to.
Yea, that's what I'm referring to.
What would that method be? I haven't heard of any other methods to properly get rid of the 022-2812 ban than the DeviceID/CTCert swap.
You install SciresM's SSL patch and need to have a computer running all the time w/ something like Fiddler to patch certain requests made by the 3DS (if I understand correctly). It still does use the DeviceID/CTCert of another console. The file that I've been PM'ing people is the SSL module pre-patched that was pasted at the end of a string of tweets w/ some instructions by Arian. I haven't tried it yet since I haven't really felt like doing much of anything with my 3DS lately.

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, that's what I'm referring to.

You install SciresM's SSL patch and need to have a computer running all the time w/ something like Fiddler to patch certain requests made by the 3DS (if I understand correctly). It still does use the DeviceID/CTCert of another console. The file that I've been PM'ing people is the SSL module pre-patched that was pasted at the end of a string of tweets w/ some instructions by Arian. I haven't tried it yet since I haven't really felt like doing much of anything with my 3DS lately.
Is there a tutorial for this method? I've been stuck trying to figure this out for 8 months now if there is a public workaround I'd appreciate some help.

D

Deleted User

Is there a tutorial for this method? I've been stuck trying to figure this out for 8 months now if there is a public workaround I'd appreciate some help.
There's not really a tutorial and I'm not even really sure what specifically you're supposed to patch yet. If I figure it out later on then I'll totally write a tutorial.

Reactions: pandavova

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's not really a tutorial and I'm not even really sure what specifically you're supposed to patch yet. If I figure it out later on then I'll totally write a tutorial.
I think you just need an alternate DeviceID.bin and CTCert.bin from the same family of 3ds that is unbanned of course

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Made in China is back to what it was in the 80s lol +2