EDB970DD-87BB-453D-BE03-A58C254197B0.jpeg

Have RGBs Gone Too Far?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, my taste buds are pretty good. Now that I think of it, it wasn't the coke energy drink I drank they just had similar cans. I think it was one of the mountain dew energy drinks and I hated those.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
Oh ok I loved the MT Dew energy drinks

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
I recently got something funny.
Someone was selling an xbox one + GTA V + controller (razer wolverine tournament (razer.com)) all that for 50 euros
The console was listed as "not working / faulty / for parts"
Since I needed a controller (yes that what I was looking for only)
50e for all that I was cool a new console to teardown and see what up ( I love such things, I tear down everything I can )
The game itself is in perfect condition not a single trace nada.
The gamepad is like new still has the sticker one the screw and not dirty (I still have opened it to fully clean)
Also the D pad of that controller is weird but not unpleasant at first glance I was like "woa it will suck" but nah it work okay still better than the Switch pro controller lol

So when I started to tear down the console that smell started to arise.
2021_03_13_18_21_IMG_0171.JPG
I was able to see it was the previous owner was a smoker (please smokers tell you are one when you sell console ^^)
And damn it was a "bit" dirty, I thought I would see was I have eaten at dinner (I am a bit sensible on that since I never smoke anything).

2021_03_13_18_21_IMG_0172.JPG
Here I was wow poor fan you smell like something not really legal, do you pot or something?

2021_03_13_18_27_IMG_0173.JPG
After the first layer come off I was both happy and sad.
I was not as dirty as it smell like. but it was dirty enough so the fan had some trouble to make it's work.

2021_03_13_18_30_IMG_0174.JPG
We barely see it but the dirty trace here was really hard to get back I had to remove it and submerge it to make it less sticky and smelly.

2021_03_13_18_31_IMG_0175.JPG
After hours I realise the mess I made and maybe I should have started it in my garage (in my defence it was a cold day!)

2021_03_13_19_37_IMG_0176.JPG
It was really a pain to do such and also hard to get it back to it's glory days (around 3 hours just for the internal part mostly the fan I was so dirty that it was not spinning at all).
Once cleaned and applied new thermal paste and put it back for a first test ( the metal part was not fully cleaned yet I needed to check if the system was functional)
Since it was working and not overheating I shut it down finished my clean and let gta V run in background in a city that was pretty big to see if over time it would shutdown or overheat.
And to my surprise it was still good temp like not hot not cold, and the console itself was not doing any noise (like the DVD drive did more noise than the fan.)
Able smell well I used a check trick.
All part outside of case for some days. it was okay, neutral smell and now.
After all that the case is okay / average / used but not smashed and everything work just fine.

So I can say I recently brought an xbox one with gta V
Money cost 50e plus gaz.
Time cost about 30 hours~ to properly clean that stuff especially with covid.
(Feel pretty lucky there for a change and I like it :) )

2021_03_24_07_59_IMG_0213.JPG
And the final product for 50e I am happy with :)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recently got something funny.
Someone was selling an xbox one + GTA V + controller (razer wolverine tournament (razer.com)) all that for 50 euros
The console was listed as "not working / faulty / for parts"
Since I needed a controller (yes that what I was looking for only)
50e for all that I was cool a new console to teardown and see what up ( I love such things, I tear down everything I can )
The game itself is in perfect condition not a single trace nada.
The gamepad is like new still has the sticker one the screw and not dirty (I still have opened it to fully clean)
Also the D pad of that controller is weird but not unpleasant at first glance I was like "woa it will suck" but nah it work okay still better than the Switch pro controller lol

So when I started to tear down the console that smell started to arise.
I was able to see it was the previous owner was a smoker (please smokers tell you are one when you sell console ^^)
And damn it was a "bit" dirty, I thought I would see was I have eaten at dinner (I am a bit sensible on that since I never smoke anything).

Here I was wow poor fan you smell like something not really legal, do you pot or something?

After the first layer come off I was both happy and sad.
I was not as dirty as it smell like. but it was dirty enough so the fan had some trouble to make it's work.

We barely see it but the dirty trace here was really hard to get back I had to remove it and submerge it to make it less sticky and smelly.

After hours I realise the mess I made and maybe I should have started it in my garage (in my defence it was a cold day!)

It was really a pain to do such and also hard to get it back to it's glory days (around 3 hours just for the internal part mostly the fan I was so dirty that it was not spinning at all).
Once cleaned and applied new thermal paste and put it back for a first test ( the metal part was not fully cleaned yet I needed to check if the system was functional)
Since it was working and not overheating I shut it down finished my clean and let gta V run in background in a city that was pretty big to see if over time it would shutdown or overheat.
And to my surprise it was still good temp like not hot not cold, and the console itself was not doing any noise (like the DVD drive did more noise than the fan.)
Able smell well I used a check trick.
All part outside of case for some days. it was okay, neutral smell and now.
After all that the case is okay / average / used but not smashed and everything work just fine.

So I can say I recently brought an xbox one with gta V
Money cost 50e plus gaz.
Time cost about 30 hours~ to properly clean that stuff especially with covid.
(Feel pretty lucky there for a change and I like it :) )

And the final product for 50e I am happy with :)
Great work - enjoy the console, you've earned it B-)

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Been on a bit of a shopping spree; here are some of my recent purchases:
  • A new laptop: Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 (4800U, 16GB RAM, 512GB storage) and a sleeve for it (not pictured)
  • A portable mouse for the laptop
  • A new SSD for my main PC
  • A microSD card for my Vita
  • A used new Old New old "New" 3DS XL Turbo Championship Edition (my previous one died)

stuff.jpg

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My 900mAh lipo battery that I bought for my GBA SP came today. I soldered it to the pcb Makho designed for it and it fits perfectly, after filing down the pcb a bit.

Also I'm still waiting for my SP ips kit. It's supposed to come next Wednesday, but you never know.

Going to order a lipo for my original NDS, cause I still have 5 battery pcb's and the gba sp and original ds use basically the same battery except for 2 plastic tabs that can be removed from the nds battery.

Also if anyone's wondering the lipo I used was 603048 and it fits perfectly in the gba.
849e501234ae2520c9d41cabb4094bae.jpg

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
My new rubber pads for my Gameboy Macro came in today, the first of many parts.

My 900mAh lipo battery that I bought for my GBA SP came today. I soldered it to the pcb Makho designed for it and it fits perfectly, after filing down the pcb a bit.

Also I'm still waiting for my SP ips kit. It's supposed to come next Wednesday, but you never know.

Going to order a lipo for my original NDS, cause I still have 5 battery pcb's and the gba sp and original ds use basically the same battery except for 2 plastic tabs that can be removed from the nds battery.

Also if anyone's wondering the lipo I used was 603048 and it fits perfectly in the gba.
849e501234ae2520c9d41cabb4094bae.jpg

Thank you, I saved your pic and I'll just crop it to show myself the battery for future modding.

View attachment 253764

Have RGBs Gone Too Far?
In a sense, yes...With keyboards, I wish they would try dampening the edgebleed under the keys so that only the letters illuminate, and nothing else. It's even worse on laptops that come with white LED-lit keyboards. So much extra light shining at me for no reason, when I just need to see the letters. (Doesn't help that I'm highly sensitive to bright lights and light-themed websites.)

Last edited by Jayro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1