JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've only lived through the 90's so here's some things I miss:

1.- The Sun didn't burned my skin as nowadays.
2.- Playing with friends outside on the streets without any danger whatsoever.
3.- New music was actually good.
4.- The hability to make jokes about everything and everyone.
5.- The tolerance that we had before. Not getting offended by everything. I don't but many of the people I know does.
6.- Going to the Arcade with my friends.
7.- Playing Mario Party 2 and Mario Kart 64 with relatives.
8.- Toys were original.
9.- Disney Channel didn't suck.

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't miss too much, never liked being a kid. Almost 30 and still feel I'm in my glory years. Few things though.

I miss the better overall quality of life the world had. It's the one thing kids today growing up are missing out on. Better Social Security, cleaner air and more space.

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
5.- The tolerance that we had before. Not getting offended by everything. I don't but many of the people I know does.
As a gay kid growing up in 90s - eh, not really. There was an illusion of tolerance, since nobody talked about many things we talk about now (therefore it felt like everyone's OK with each other), but if you were in minority, you were pretty much screwed in terms of finding support or understanding. Same for humor and attitude: it felt like people were less offended by stuff like homophobic or racist jokes, but in fact, they were always pretty hurtful - it's just that we couldn't express our frustration with those back in the 90s and 2000s, therefore you thought we're not offended.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
1.- The Sun didn't burned my skin as nowadays.
2.- Playing with friends outside on the streets without any danger whatsoever.
3.- New music was actually good.
4.- The hability to make jokes about everything and everyone.
9.- Disney Channel didn't suck.
1.The Peace and Calm in everyday Life.
2.The interpersonal dealing with each other.
3.The "simple" Life.
All of the above, in addition to
  • Jetix
  • No school
  • More free time
  • Less responsibilities
  • The old family holiday house I spent my summers at with my cousins (it's not gone, but we never go there anymore...) along with past summers in general
  • I was less lazy

Reactions: Alexander1970

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As a gay kid growing up in 90s - eh, not really. There was an illusion of tolerance, since nobody talked about many things we talk about now (therefore it felt like everyone's OK with each other), but if you were in minority, you were pretty much screwed in terms of finding support or understanding. Same for humor and attitude: it felt like people were less offended by stuff like homophobic or racist jokes, but in fact, they were always pretty hurtful - it's just that we couldn't express our frustration with those back in the 90s and 2000s, therefore you thought we're not offended.

I'm sorry to hear that. No one should go through that.
Maybe I'm just letting myself go by my childhood.
This whole gay thing (no offense) reminds me of someone I used to know.
I've been living in a condo all my entire life, and my condo is surrounded by two more condos on it's sides, what separates us is just a metal mesh.
When I was a child, I used to go and play outside.
I remember talking to a guy that I pressume was gay, because he'd just dress like a woman and talked like a woman, but he'd had the face of a guy. He lived on the other side of my condo.
He'd even wear dresses.
We were good friends I guess. Suddenly I stopped seeing him. He used to call me "little pal". We used to talk almost everyday.
We'd play catch with my ball.
I surely can't talk for anyone here, but maybe things where very different here where I live compared to where you live.
I even had gay friends in Middle School.

Hope things are better for you nowadays.

Last edited by JuanMena,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
lUgwdXuiTWML6dPgNhPLBOQhOHRFl-KTGh3HE7vZlOY.jpg

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm sorry to hear that. No one should go through that.
Maybe I'm just letting myself go by my childhood.
This whole gay thing (no offense) reminds me of someone I used to know.
I've been living in a condo all my entire life, and my condo is surrounded by two more condos on it's sides, what separates us is just a metal mesh.
When I was a child, I used to go and play outside.
I remember talking to a guy that I pressume was gay, because he'd just dress like a woman and talked like a woman, but he'd had the face of a guy. He lived on the other side of my condo.
He'd even wear dresses.
We were good friends I guess. Suddenly I stopped seeing him. He used to call me "little pal". We used to talk almost everyday.
We'd play catch with my ball.
I surely can't talk for anyone here, but maybe things where very different here where I live compared to where you live.
I even had gay friends in Middle School.

Hope things are better for you nowadays.
Hey, all is alright ^^ Just sharing my thoughts on the matter, in anything, so no offence was taken, and I also appreciate the understanding.
Also, that's a pretty interesting story, so thanks for sharing it too. Wouldn't say he was gay as much as experiencing gender nonconformity ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childhood_gender_nonconformity here's more on that), but it would be interesting to know what he's up to now.

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey, all is alright ^^ Just sharing my thoughts on the matter, in anything, so no offence was taken, and I also appreciate the understanding.
Also, that's a pretty interesting story, so thanks for sharing it too. Wouldn't say he was gay as much as experiencing gender nonconformity ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childhood_gender_nonconformity here's more on that), but it would be interesting to know what he's up to now.
I wonder too. Haven't seen him since I was a child.
Wonder if he's still living around my neightborhood.
Hope he's doing fine.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having just about finished another one it seems fitting to add:

Christmas! That's just kinda dead once you become an old fart - the build up is nice, the parties are nice, but the magic of waking up on Christmas morning is gone. I've since had kids and yes you do get a little bit of that magic back, but now they're both over 18 even that's gone. I still enjoy Chrimbo, but it's just never the same as it was as a kid...:sad:

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Having just about finished another one it seems fitting to add:

Christmas! That's just kinda dead once you become an old fart - the build up is nice, the parties are nice, but the magic of waking up on Christmas morning is gone. I've since had kids and yes you do get a little bit of that magic back, but now they're both over 18 even that's gone. I still enjoy Chrimbo, but it's just never the same as it was as a kid...:sad:

Man... so sorry.
Don't you have grandchildren?
Why won't you have another child? You're still a young man.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Man... so sorry.
Don't you have grandchildren?
Why won't you have another child? You're still a young man.
Wooo, young man! - I like this lad!! :lol:
I'm 44, not sure that qualifies as young man but thanks haha.... and eee don't be sorry pal, it's just an observation! Even with kids (including potentially grandkids) that Christmas Morning magic feeling isn't the same, and never will be. It's just the way it is ;)

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
i don't give two fucks about the past. looking at the past can only destroy you.

the only mistake i did in my past was throwing my away my Megadrive and Megadrive games.

and since then i got them back again. so meh.

Past is dead!
Long live the future!

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i don't give two fucks about the past. looking at the past can only destroy you.

the only mistake i did in my past was throwing my away my Megadrive and Megadrive games.

and since then i got them back again. so meh.

Past is dead!
Long live the future!

Feel the same about the SNES i threw away with the games, only got SMW and DKC to track down to get all of my childhood games back.
Oh and a SNES.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1