Hacking Theme resets after power off

Status
Not open for further replies.

trained-dog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm curious as to why you chose a 256 SD (unless that's just what you had laying around) from what I've seen on the boards here most people agree you don't need more than 64 to have everything worth playing stored. I like to have everything I'm even slightly interested in stored as a form of digital hoarding but I ran into the 300 icon limit issue and had to do some curation but even if I downloaded the stuff I left behind and just used FBI to launch the missing titles it wouldn't fill my 128. Not suggesting you downgrade just wondering what one could do with a 3DS that might utilize that much storage.
Just Trying it out. The 256gb. I have downgrade to 128gb now. Put the 256gb too my phone instead.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
One consideration is that themes are all stored on the SD Card's extdata, which means that the console loads them from the SD card every time at boot. Depending on what console you're using, the SD card reader could be aging with time (the o3ds one especially is prone to do this) and be causing weird errors like themes not always being properly loaded.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Tuiridh

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently ran into a very similar problem as well, maybe this will help. After formatting my new 256gb SD card to FAT32 I copied all of my data over from my 128gb SD card. Everything seems to have worked fine except for the themes, though my Anemone themes do not work whatsoever and official themes go away after reboot. If it's worth mentioning I never used freeshop so this may be unrelated. Unlike some people I will sometimes experience a crash if the custom themes ever load up displaying this error:

An exception occurred
Processor: RM11 (core 0)
Exception type: data abort
Fault status: Translation - Section
Current process: menu (0004003000008F02)

I will post an update if I resolve the issue after trying out the advice here.

WorldOfNerds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sorry for necro posting, but i found a solution, all you need is boot9strap or a boot that accepts the luma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Kinda cool, but what a mess it would be. And I would weight 500 pounds with all my screw ups...