The Wii U version of Smash Bros. will be playable with GameCube controllers

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Try to name another game that was "made awesome" by the Gamecube controller that ISN'T Melee. I'm sure if people took enough time to use the Classic Controller on Brawl everyone would go "IT'S THE BEST CONTROLLER EVER" because they used it on Brawl so fucking much.

The classic controller was horrible for brawl though, even the wiimote + nunchuk was better.
The GCC is the only controller that you can really use to tech with comfortably in Melee/Project M.

Reactions: gamefan5

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you know the Gamecube controller is actually shit but people associate it with Melee so much that they deluded themselves into thinking it's good?

Like it's comfortable but that's about it. Second analog stick is shit, D-Pad is shit, only one bumper, oddly placed and oddly sized buttons. Like the Xbox 360 controller blows it out of the fucking water and even that has a shitty D-Pad, just not nearly as shitty as the Gamecube one.

Try to name another game that was "made awesome" by the Gamecube controller that ISN'T Melee. I'm sure if people took enough time to use the Classic Controller on Brawl everyone would go "IT'S THE BEST CONTROLLER EVER" because they used it on Brawl so fucking much.
Of course controllers are a preference but I fail to see why everyone loves the X360 controller so much. I played a lot of Brawl and Melee on a Gamecube controller, I have a PS3 that I spent quite a bit of time playing on with the DS3 and I play PC games with an X360 controller but I still like using the Gamecube controller. Of course it's not perfect (I will admit the c-stick is shit as an actual stick, the dpad is far from great and it could have used a Z2) but the buttons are great. The odd shape on the A, Y and X makes them more comfortable to press than the face buttons on the 360 controller for me. Also, I far prefer the clicky triggers the GC controller has above the PS3 or X360 triggers. The c-stick and dpad make it unsuitable for things like FPS/TPS games but for games that mainly used the control stick, face buttons and LR it's awesome. On the other hand the 360 controller has better sticks and stuff making it more suitable for those, and the PS3 controller has a better dpad and some people (like me) prefer having the two sticks in the same vertical position.

Reactions: gamefan5

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That opinion is merely subjective, not objective, just because you think it's shit doesn't mean everyone else thinks the same way. Just a heads up. Want another game it was awesome for? Sure, it's called Mario Kart Double Dash :creep:

"I-it's just your opinion!"

Also there's no such thing as objectivity so stop using that word people.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I don't think buying an adaptor and a controller just for a game is worth it. Nintendo and other companies should make some of their future games compatible with the controller.

If this is compatible with the Wii Mode then I can use a real controller to play Wii games like I've always wanted, those that are Controller-based at least.

Enchilada

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If this is compatible with the Wii Mode then I can use a real controller to play Wii games like I've always wanted, those that are Controller-based at least.

Maybe games like SSBB that are compatible with the Gamecube controller will work.
And I was hoping for more Wii U games that support it, not Wii.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Is it known if this will be compatible with the Wii Mode? That'd be ideal!

The ones to save the Wii U will be Smash 4, GameCube adapter and already released, Mario Kart 8. MK8's so addicting with its drifting and firehopping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==