Hacking The Wii U made the update automatically.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are going to give you various answers, but let me just tell you the real answer:

Nobody knows.

The hacking scene in general is always evolving and new things are found all the time. You never know when a new hacker shows up, a new firmware update, or a new exploit is discovered. The fact of the matter is, there is virtually nothing available at this time on Wii U. When things are actually released, it COULD be several months before an exploit is found for 5.5.0, OR an exploit could be found before anything is released. If you're looking to be on the cutting edge and get everything the day or week it's released, you may be out of luck, but in hacking it's always just a matter of time.

Given that nothing is really available yet, I wouldn't worry about it. There's a pretty good chance more exploits will be found in the weeks and months to come.

pizzatime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
5.5.0 patches a kernel exploit that Nintendo discovered.
Devs was working on it, so an exploit that uses 5.4.0 kernel access wouldn't be available for 5.5.0.

It's always a good thing to block Nintendo updates. Also Smea's TubeHax DNS can be configured on WiiU in order to block automatic updates (and yes, also eShop and Youtube, but it's fair. In order to access them again, it's enough to disable manual DNS and do the switch only when needed).
This article contains 4 way (3 valid, actually, not 4) to block nintendo updates on WiiU and 3DS

Last edited by pizzatime,

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't you see the thread before made by Mathew_Wi where he asked for testers for 5.5 exploit he's working on? The thread later became a "clusterfuck" because so many people were asking to become testers and going crazy when he already had all the testers that he needed and that's why the original post doesn't exist anymore.

Also DarkFlare69 told me that firmware 5.5 didn't patch anything and that payloads needs to be updated before exploit for 5.5 will come out.
Didn't you see that this topic is 3 months old?

D

Deleted User

The 5.4.0 userspace exploit got ported over to 5.5.0. Early this August, I also developed a second kernel exploit that hasn't been patched on 5.5.0, and is currently private.
That's good, then. I'm currently storing my Wii U away for a bit, so I'm looking forward to it, until then!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand some of these people?, they know the wiiu will automatically update and then its melt down time when it does and its quite easy to get around just make sure you take off auto software downloads in interent settings and also take off standby functions while your in system settings then go back to your internet connections and change all your connections to don't auto obtain dns and put in both boxes> 107.211.140.065 and save! Its quite easy guys just for future reference!

Edit: just noticed, sorry this is an old thread, 20th August :O why has it been reserected again

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: