Hacking The Wii scene needs an "Xbins"

Fathead666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my first Wii at Christmas was able to get it softmodded somewhat painlessly. One thing I noticed though is that it seems like there's not a good central location for everything softmod related when it comes to the Wii. The Xbox and Xbox 360 on the other hand, (for those that might not be familiar), has an IRC channel called Xbins with a repository of everything you need when it comes to modding and hacking an Xbox or 360.

Don't get me wrong though, I know there's a lot of links to various softmodding tools on this site and a few others and theres NUSD for getting different versions of IOS's and what not, but it would still be great to have a Wii style Xbins that a person could go to when looking for new versions of backup loaders, homebrew apps, etc. One of the things I found frustrating when modding my Wii was wondering if was downloading and installing the most current (and trusted) versions of things like Wad Manager, Priiloader, Homebrew Channel, and so on. Plus, as far as the Xbox and Xbins goes, when you see an app on Xbins you and pretty much guarantee that it's the newest version and one that's trusted by the scene.

But then again, maybe there already is something like this out there but I just missed it.

Just my 2 cents.

D

Deleted-171178

...Xbins has a Wii section
tongue.gif

Fathead666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
there is already stuff on the xbins server for the Wii

Well now I feel like an ass. I haven't been to Xbins in quite awhile. If the wii section isn't new over there then maybe I just never paid attention that there was one since i didn't own a Wii yet...

nyanya.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.