Hacking The "Which flashcart to get?" Info Thread

severed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello! and thanks for reading

i am getting a DSi XL soon and have been researching flashcarts. I have used the CycloDS flashcart in my now broken DSlite with EZFlash-3in1 (for slot2)... i really liked the CycloDS menu system and also, there support forums but they seem to be fading out now
frown.gif
...However my primary concern with the DSi is the ability to play GBA and also homebrew. I see popularity in the Acekard2i and, the DSTwo claims to be better for GBA and Snes emulation... but the DSTwo also says that it takes away battery life and has problems fitting into the DSi?? are these major concerns?

so basically, is the Acekard2i the best for DSi XL or is something else better for GBA and other emulation. thanks for the help, cant wait to see those huge handheld screens playing all my oldskool favorites
yaynds.gif
also, is there any concern for compatibility?? i cant wait to play Golden Sun again! thanks again

Skiller23

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
the only flashcart that allows you to play gba roms in a DSi is the supercard DStwo, you won't able to play gba with acekard2i

so i advise you to buy the DStwo

if you are looking for a shop to deal with read my signature
wink.gif

but attention the emulator of dstwo doesn't have the same compatibility as the slot 2 devices, all emulators have some issues with a few games but it's the only solution to play gba roms in a DSi/XL/LL

severed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skiller23 said:
but attention the emulator of dstwo doesn't have the same compatibility as the slot 2 devices, all emulators have some issues with a few games but it's the only solution to play gba roms in a DSi/XL/LL
damn
frown.gif
thanks though, the DStwo i will be gettin very soon
smile.gif
im sure it will be great
i really like the look on some of these skins !

JackyJack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey.
After I get pissed of Team Cyclops I want to buy a new Flashcard for an DSL.
I cant decide, which flashcard I should get.

Acecard or DSTwo?
GBA Emulator would be very nice ...
Did I need a special SDHC Card to play games with AP? (or can I use SanDisk?)

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
JackyJack said:
Hey.
After I get pissed of Team Cyclops I want to buy a new Flashcard for an DSL.
I cant decide, which flashcard I should get.

Acecard or DSTwo?
Acekard2i is the cheaper option which can play gba games through a slot-2 device like the ez-flash 3-1 (note that the 3-1 doesn't operate like emulation.)
the dstwo does emulate the gba and snes and comes with all the bells and whisles lke movie player with out conversion. AP detection and a clean mode incase games don't work.
and no, the SD card type doesn't affect the AP bypass. a normal sd card works fine.

severed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JackyJack said:
Acecard or DSTwo?
Acekard2 - if you want GBA emulation the Acekard2 requires an additional Slot-2 flashcart (EZ3in1) for DSLite only... if you have DSi then you can not get GBA emulation with Acekard2 because you need a Slot2 cart for GBA... if you dont have a DSi and do not plan on getting one, then there are many flashcarts that work with the EZ3in1 for Slot2, which is the best way to get GBA besides the DStwo

DSTwo - has GBA emulation built in which is great for DSi(no need for Slot2 device) but compatibility is not perfect like with the 3in1, Golden Sun 1 should play fine but Golden Sun Lost Age will be laggy or have bad frame rate. im not too sure about the compatibility with other games but from what i hear most are more then 90% perfect... DStwo also has better homebrew and emulation compatibility compared to most other carts

SD card types may make lag worse but SanDisk is said to be one of the best so you should have no problem there

future carts may see better emulation like the Cyclo iEvo, but for now the DStwo is recommended for DSi, and Acekard2 for DSLite
good luck with your choice

777kidis777

Big Red
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which flashcart is great for the Dsi? I'm going to go with the SCDSTWO, as it kills less battery than my M3i (yeah, I was shocked too). I also heard some good news about the iSmart, but which one plays the GBA? The MM, right?

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
777kidis777 said:
Which flashcart is great for the Dsi? I'm going to go with the SCDSTWO, as it kills less battery than my M3i (yeah, I was shocked too). I also heard some good news about the iSmart, but which one plays the GBA? The MM, right?

I'm not really surprised, M3i is simply the worst DSi card ever made.

GBA --> iSmart MM.

But I'd rather buy a DSTwo than a MM. And I'm really not a friend of fancy CPU-cards.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Etalon said:
777kidis777 said:

I'm not really surprised, M3i is simply the worst DSi card ever made.

GBA --> iSmart MM.

But I'd rather buy a DSTwo than a MM. And I'm really not a friend of fancy CPU-cards.

I c wut u did thar. Subliminal messaging much?

DS2>iSMM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...