RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
spankius said:
Just ordered an r4 sdhc from shoptemp with the premium set up service.
Will this be able to run the snemul?
Previously had an r4 but the memory card messed up and it still works but i am not able to add anything new to it.
Yeah, it will be able to run Snemul, any flashcart should really.
But if you were interested in Snes emulation you should've considered the Supercard DStwo, which has it's own exclusive emulator.

Balious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I currently have a N5 which I had for a few years now and found out it was a clone to the R4 and seems to not get supported anymore.

The reason I am here is because I think its time I got a new flashcart. The N5 has been good for me but the latest games coming out now don't seem to work well with it. Last Window for example freezes every few minutes.

Now I am completely hopeless on what flashcart to get next as I want to be able to play the latest games such as Last Window and maybe Pokemon. I heard there was a new R4 update but I haven't fully checked yet if that works with the games.

So my question here is people what flashcart should I get that gets updated regularly for latter games to work? I have a Nintendo DS Lite and do not plan at all to move to DSi if that helps.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Balious said:
Hello everyone. I currently have a N5 which I had for a few years now and found out it was a clone to the R4 and seems to not get supported anymore.

The reason I am here is because I think its time I got a new flashcart. The N5 has been good for me but the latest games coming out now don't seem to work well with it. Last Window for example freezes every few minutes.

Now I am completely hopeless on what flashcart to get next as I want to be able to play the latest games such as Last Window and maybe Pokemon. I heard there was a new R4 update but I haven't fully checked yet if that works with the games.

So my question here is people what flashcart should I get that gets updated regularly for latter games to work? I have a Nintendo DS Lite and do not plan at all to move to DSi if that helps.
An ordinary R4DS will work nicely.
All you need to do is get one and install Wood R4 firmware on it, after that, you can play pretty much anything.
If you buy from that link you can make sure it's an authentic unit.

Balious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies. I go get some money and buy a R4 then
happy.gif

raginmund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new here, just looking for some information if anyone is nice enough hopefully you guys can provide!

me: have a ds lite, dsi, own a R4i (revolution for DSi, DSL, NDS), and a NDSTT

just a couple of months (2) ago I purchased my first flash card/t (the ndstt) and I thought it was nice to be able to play to many games on one cartridge and obviously it saved me a ton of money.... WELL I bought the R4i (not knowing much about flash carts obviously) for my little nephew...
So here I am both work... they do what I want (play games) but I want 2 other flash carts just for extra space, more games etc.
but this time I want to do all the work instead of buying pre-made flash carts....

so my question which cart is right for me?
what I want? well I want:
1. to play games as I do with my ndstt, being able to save right there in the same cart
2. download play is important (nephew)
3. cheap, college student here not looking for something that expensive
4. don't care for cheats, extra futures (music, you name it)
5. maybe PM me about sites where I can download games, and where I can purchase the carts.
(one thing is that the ndstt LOADS the games much faster than my R4 cart, that would be nice to consider)

hmm that's all I can think of now

hopefully you guys can enlighten me, I've read and lurked the forum for a week or so
but still can't find my answer...

Shawn5961

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently in the market for my first NDS flashcart, and I'm not sure exactly what to get, so I'm posting here in hopes someone can point me in the right direction.

To start out, I have an NDS Lite. I'm not looking for anything too fancy, mainly just a flashcart which I can play backed up games on and has built in Action Replay function. If possible, I'd also like one that supports save states, but I can do without that if need be. From looking around, I was thinking about the Acekard 2.1, but I saw that it didn't have a firmware cheat editor, and I was wondering if there was a card out there that did have one.

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shawn5961 said:
I'm currently in the market for my first NDS flashcart, and I'm not sure exactly what to get, so I'm posting here in hopes someone can point me in the right direction.

To start out, I have an NDS Lite. I'm not looking for anything too fancy, mainly just a flashcart which I can play backed up games on and has built in Action Replay function. If possible, I'd also like one that supports save states, but I can do without that if need be. From looking around, I was thinking about the Acekard 2.1, but I saw that it didn't have a firmware cheat editor, and I was wondering if there was a card out there that did have one.

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated!
Before I begin, I wanna say that pretty much ALL flashcarts support cheats, but none of them will have integrated cheats editors. For that you will need to download R4CCE to use on your PC.

Okay, here are my three suggestions for you.
First choice is an Original R4DS. A simple card for just $6, with Wood R4 firmware will play just about everything you throw at it. It has cheats support and soft-reset, and is a great basic flashcart. The only downsides? 2gb microSD limit, no DSi support.

Second choice is the Acekard 2i, what does it have over the R4DS? AKAIO firmware v1.8.1 with anti-anti-piracy for brilliant compatibility, WIFI updating of your cheats list and loaders, and support for SDHC and DSi. If you aren't interested in DSi, you can settle for the Acekard 2.1 and still have everything else. It'll cost $15/$13

Third choice is the Supercard DStwo, this brilliant flashcart features an integrated CPU for GBA and SNES emulation, video playback and much more. The DSTwo has a fantastic real-time menu where you can use save states (the best of any flashcart), real-time guides in .txt or .bmp format, slow-motion, cheats toggling, and a memory editor.
Like the AKAIO firmware, DStwo features its own anti-anti-piracy, SDHC support and DSi support. All around, the DStwo is the best card for anybody interested in cheat codes and save states, bar none. It costs $35 by itself, but is totally worth it.

So there you go, I hope that answers your questions about which flashcart to buy.
I really recommend buying from the website I linked, they are affiliated with GBAtemp and have great service.

X1pheR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Which is better for a DSi if you also want to use DScovered on it? From what I'm thinking right now it's the Acekard 2i. But I'm not sure.

I was choosing between the AK2i and DSTWO and went for the DSTWO. But then I heard about the heavy power drain it causes on the battery. This is everybody should consider which thinking of buying a DSTWO.

I really wanted to go for the DSTWO seeing its superior features. Also being able to play GBA and SNES and such. But I don't want my daughter to only have 3 hours of play on the DSi she will get for her birthday.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
X1pheR said:
Which is better for a DSi if you also want to use DScovered on it? From what I'm thinking right now it's the Acekard 2i. But I'm not sure.

I was choosing between the AK2i and DSTWO and went for the DSTWO. But then I heard about the heavy power drain it causes on the battery. This is everybody should consider which thinking of buying a DSTWO.

I really wanted to go for the DSTWO seeing its superior features. Also being able to play GBA and SNES and such. But I don't want my daughter to only have 3 hours of play on the DSi she will get for her birthday.
The battery drain on the DSTWO is actually not significant, we're talking about maybe 15 minutes of power.

If it's for your daughter then I'd think she would probably be best off with the Acekard, for running DScovered and the child-safe lock you can use.

X1pheR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And does DScovered run smooth with an Acekard 2i?
I've run it on a DS Lite, with an original R4DS and a mix of ysmenu, dstt, ttmenu and it rocks.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
X1pheR said:
Thanks, what's the child-safe lock you're speaking about?
BTW, I checked your skins... sweet! I'll put that on it for her
smile.gif

The AKAIO firmware for Acekard 2i lets you disable the Start menu through the globalconfig.ini.
This means you can stop a child user from accidentally deleting games or saves by messing around in the menus.
Also glad you like my skin.
smile.gif

QUOTE(X1pheR @ Oct 20 2010, 10:44 AM) And does DScovered run smooth with an Acekard 2i?
I've run it on a DS Lite, with an original R4DS and a mix of ysmenu, dstt, ttmenu and it rocks.

Can't say I've ever tried DScovered, but I've heard it works.
Also, if you have an original R4DS, you should put Wood R4 firmware on it ASAP, it's a killer firmware that obsoletes Y.S.Menu.

X1pheR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good to know, thanx. You should really try DScovered. It's great. Especially for my 6 year old daughter since it lets her quickly find the game she wants to play because you see all the covers.

I know YSmenu is obsolete. I have a combination on the card put together by mini ysmenu generator. So that it is on par with WoodR4. Because WoodR4 cannot be used with DScovered. At least not one of the latest versions because of the loader or something.

BTW, I buyed a DSTWO but am also getting an Acekard 2i. So I'll compare both and see which one stays. However, I want to buy a 16GB micro-sd card for it. Do you have any recommendations? shoptemp seems to only have a class 2 16GB card.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
X1pheR said:
Good to know, thanx. You should really try DScovered. It's great. Especially for my 6 year old daughter since it lets her quickly find the game she wants to play because you see all the covers.

I know YSmenu is obsolete. I have a combination on the card put together by mini ysmenu generator. So that it is on par with WoodR4. Because WoodR4 cannot be used with DScovered. At least not one of the latest versions because of the loader or something.

BTW, I buyed a DSTWO but am also getting an Acekard 2i. So I'll compare both and see which one stays. However, I want to buy a 16GB micro-sd card for it. Do you have any recommendations? shoptemp seems to only have a class 2 16GB card.
I don't really have a recommendation for 16gb, I use an 8gb card which is more than enough for a large handful of NDS games and other stuff like music or video.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
X1pheR said:
Ok thanks. Which 8GB card did you get btw?
And so doesn't mather which card, as long as it's class 6 minimum right?
I got a Samsung Plus 8GB, but I can't find any site that sells them other than UK based sites.

Class 6 is preferable, but Class 4 should work fine too.

X1pheR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks. I just saw this reply in a similar topic. What do you think? It states that class doesn't really mather, probably because you only need high read speeds for loading games and only writing which is done is the sav files I guess...

Rebellion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a question; I'm deciding between the AK2.1 and the R4. I hear that Wood fixes most compatibility issues with games. Is the AK2.1 really worth the 9 extra bucks?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone