Hacking The "Which flashcart to get?" Info Thread

niapet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh! also, I would like to know if the acecard 2i or the supercard can read my saves from my r4i sdhc gold... I would HATE to loose my DQ IX game...

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would probably settle for the Acekard 2i, it does the trick if you just want to play games.

As for your r4i sdhc gold save files, whatever format they're in they might be compatible, they might not.
But you can always convert your gamesaves at www.shunyweb.info anyway.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FetaCheese said:
does the EDGE have real-time saving?

which carts do? my budget is like $30

how can I emulate GBA roms on a flashcart?

The EDGE cart does not support real-time saving.
Cartridges that do have Real-time save support include:
The CycloDS evolution: $44.95
The Supercard DStwo: $34.95
The Supercard DSone: $24
The M3i Zero: $23
The EZ Flash Vi: $18

However, of all of these, the only flashcart capable of GBA emulation, is the DStwo.
Here are my suggestions, if you can save up a bit more money, the Supercard DStwo is highly advisable for it's wealth of real-time functions, GBA emulation and more to come.
Otherwise, I would potentially recommend the EZ Flash Vi, which has GBAtemp's Golden award.

I would not recommend the CycloDS as it is too expensive, which is sad considering it is an excellent flashcart.
The DSone is near obsoletion because of the DStwo.
I don't recommend the M3i Zero after personal experience with it.

FetaCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
FetaCheese said:
does the EDGE have real-time saving?

which carts do? my budget is like $30

how can I emulate GBA roms on a flashcart?

The EDGE cart does not support real-time saving.
Cartridges that do have Real-time save support include:
The CycloDS evolution: $44.95
The Supercard DStwo: $34.95
The Supercard DSone: $24
The M3i Zero: $23
The EZ Flash Vi: $18

However, of all of these, the only flashcart capable of GBA emulation, is the DStwo.
Here are my suggestions, if you can save up a bit more money, the Supercard DStwo is highly advisable for it's wealth of real-time functions, GBA emulation and more to come.
Otherwise, I would potentially recommend the EZ Flash Vi, which has GBAtemp's Golden award.

I would not recommend the CycloDS as it is too expensive, which is sad considering it is an excellent flashcart.
The DSone is near obsoletion because of the DStwo.
I don't recommend the M3i Zero after personal experience with it.
thanks for your help!

what was your experience with the m3i zero, if you don't mind my asking?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FetaCheese said:
thanks for your help!

what was your experience with the m3i zero, if you don't mind my asking?

The flashcart was pretty good. I don't know the full story on what happened with his M3, but from what I recall it was mostly half the retailer and half the M3 Team's fault. At any rate the flashcart gets a lot less updates than it used to and the quality of the updates have dropped as well.

You're better off getting something like the SupercardDSTwo.

Patjevught

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a NDS Lite. Currently i am in possesion of the DSTT card. The latest months i think the firmware updates are very few. Which card for me is best to choose?
- For updating sequence
- have cheats
- and has saving abilities?

Thanx

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You download akaio separately once you get the card so it doesn't matter what kind of Acekard you get as long it's not a clone. I would recommend buying from shop temp they have the cheapest prices and are affiliated with this site.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you can afford it, get the DSTWO. Otherwise the Acekard is always a good buy.

AKAIO is something you need to download and install as in the guide in my signnature, however that site is expensive and is in the netherlands. Given the recent court case, i'd be slighly iffy of buying from the Netherlands. It's also been a while since Acekard's came with the card reader they have in the photo.

ZeroEXE93

Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a new DSi, making my old Cyclo obsolete. (R.I.P.
frown.gif
) What DSi flashcart should I get? I'm looking for one that is updated recently, preferably under $30. I'm mostly looking at Supercard DSONEi, iEdge, and Acekard 2i, but I'm not sure which one to pick.

B

ball2012003

ZeroEXE93 said:
frown.gif
) What DSi flashcart should I get? I'm looking for one that is updated recently, preferably under $30. I'm mostly looking at Supercard DSONEi, iEdge, and Acekard 2i, but I'm not sure which one to pick.
i would go with the Acekard 2i
but i also recommend the EZ Flash Vi

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZeroEXE93 said:
frown.gif
What did you love about the CycloDS more? The excellent compatibility or the advanced features?

If it's the compatibility, look no further than the Acekard 2i, it's AKAIO firmware v.1.7.1 works great.
Or if it's about the advanced features, get the Supercard DStwo, it's integrated processor is capable of far more than a CycloDS, like GBA emulation!

The Acekard is $15, half of your desired price point, the DStwo is $35, a little over what you're looking to pay but assuredly worth the extra cost.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't decide between AK2 and DSTT (and SCDSTWO, I guess, but it seems too crappy for me).

I have a DS Lite, will never get a DSi / XL, and chances are 3DS will not be compatible with any DSi flash cart.

How are features like theming, slot 2 expansions, rom compatibility, update frequency (AKIO is very good I know)?

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your gonna want ot emulate gba and snes roms then SCDSTWO is the way to go, if you wanna a cart with good rom compatibility at an affordable price than it's AK2I. i don't know why your considering the DSTT.

ToddlerTN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My daughters each have a DS Lite with DSTT, but too many of the newest games don't work anymore, and firmware support has been pathetic.

If I get them new cards with better support for the latest games (Acekard 2i, DSTwo, etc.), is there any way to preserve their current saves?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Cj8n4MfhjUc?si=detAUm1a27hi4uTP