Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Meh, I'd still rather have Sakura. Plus Sakura is still getting new features from M3.

QUOTE(Jakob95 @ Mar 28 2010, 03:11 PM) Thing is you can't compare Sakura and Moonshell a lot. Because you could run Moonshell on the M3 Zero but you can't run Sakura on any other flashcart. So M3 has the best off both worlds lmao. I still like Acekard 10x better though.

Lol each to his own. I like MS2, DeltaBurnt likes M3Sakura, and Jakob95 likes AKAIO (since I'm pretty sure its not the Official firmware that you like xD). In any case, I just think it would be good for people to know that there is an alternative to getting the M3 series if all they are aiming for just slick & sexy GUI, but just don't want to fork over the money (and I'm saying this while patiently waiting for my own M3iZero to come in xD).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Jurassic, you should make a MS2 vs. Sakura topic.
Lol, as much as I like comparing MS2 and M3Sakura (and grabbing attention), I think I might be pushing it to make a topic like that without the support of a working DS and an M3 flashcart...though now that you have given me the idea, it is slightly tempting xD. Maybe I'll do that one of these days.

nintendough

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSi (XL) n00b here. I have a M3 Real DS (+ GBA expansion) on my DS Lite, which I love but I wanted to try out the DSi XL. Thing is, I would love to flashcart on it and read up on the comparission. The Acekard seems like a good bet (compatibility is big for me, extras don't really seem like they're all that worthwhile/important). The one thing that piques my interest is the SuperCardDSTwo since I love playing all my GBA games (backed up all my GBA carts once I got into flashcarts, so convenient).

So what do you guys suggest? Will the wait be worth it and where are good, cheap, and reliable places to buy carts from in NA?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
N64Temp said:
We should have flashcart comparison threads! rockstar99 made them a while back but he's gone, unless he got rid of the 99 in his name.

No, no we shouldn't. There's like 3 of them each day, and most of them time we've had 15 of the same one over and over again.

nintendough said:
DSi (XL) n00b here. I have a M3 Real DS (+ GBA expansion) on my DS Lite, which I love but I wanted to try out the DSi XL. Thing is, I would love to flashcart on it and read up on the comparission. The Acekard seems like a good bet (compatibility is big for me, extras don't really seem like they're all that worthwhile/important). The one thing that piques my interest is the SuperCardDSTwo since I love playing all my GBA games (backed up all my GBA carts once I got into flashcarts, so convenient).

So what do you guys suggest? Will the wait be worth it and where are good, cheap, and reliable places to buy carts from in NA?

I think it's definitely worth the wait!

As for cheap prices in NA...eh...I don't think you'll be able to get that. Most cheaper sites aren't based in the US.

taken said:
DeltaBurnt, you forgot to put Acekard Has the worst fanboys ever.

In the Acekard cons list.

I only added that part to the CycloDS section as a joke.

QUOTE(nintendough @ Mar 28 2010, 07:38 PM)
QUick question - what're some of the extras the M3i is capable of running?

Real Time Guide, Slow Motion, and Real Time Save. There's more extras, but those are just the game related extras.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Delta the Ez Flash Vi doesn't support clean mode. Only the earlier v1 and v2 (I think) supports clean mode.

Really? I thought clean mode was added when they upgraded to the new 2.00 menu.

QUOTE(mthrnite @ Mar 29 2010, 05:57 AM) Pinned for great justice.

biggrin.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep Boxshot is correct. iEDGE and CycloDS are different they don't have the same features, the CycloDS has RTS, RTG. iEDGE only has Softreset, Slow Motion, Cheats.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
Yep Boxshot is correct. iEDGE and CycloDS are different they don't have the same features, the CycloDS has RTS, RTG. iEDGE only has Softreset, Slow Motion, Cheats.

I've added a temporary note of the iEDGE to the CycloDS's section's Other Notes. I'll keep it like that until I have enough info to add in info for the EDGE to have it's own section.

EDIT:
Updates for faq,
Links added to each section (so you can directly link to the info in other threads), more questions added, each flashcart is sorted alphabetically in the Known Clones and Flashcart Info sections. The clones section is also more organized (alphabetically, and in other ways).

I like lists
biggrin.gif

nintendough

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fast replies, esp deltablunt
smile.gif

I'm feeling kind of impatient though since the only thing I have (opened or not stolen
frown.gif
) at this point is Pokemon Silver and I'd like to play some of my games on the DSi XL (long story, but I use the M3 as a way to carry around all my carts since I still buy all the games legit since I like to collect but my house was robbed so sadly all I have left is the M3 which was with me at the time
happy.gif
).

To that end, would you guys recommend the acekard for the compatibility or is the M3i also a good bet in terms of ease of use and compatibility (just slower on updates, and if so, is it a matter of weeks or months)? And since the US isn't home to many legit/cheap places, where is a good place to buy to ship to the US keeping in mind price and authenticity?

Thanks a bunch, guys!

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nintendough said:
Thanks for the fast replies, esp deltablunt
smile.gif

I'm feeling kind of impatient though since the only thing I have (opened or not stolen
frown.gif
) at this point is Pokemon Silver and I'd like to play some of my games on the DSi XL (long story, but I use the M3 as a way to carry around all my carts since I still buy all the games legit since I like to collect but my house was robbed so sadly all I have left is the M3 which was with me at the time
happy.gif
).

To that end, would you guys recommend the acekard for the compatibility or is the M3i also a good bet in terms of ease of use and compatibility (just slower on updates, and if so, is it a matter of weeks or months)? And since the US isn't home to many legit/cheap places, where is a good place to buy to ship to the US keeping in mind price and authenticity?

Thanks a bunch, guys!

Well if you're happy with your current M3 right now I'd go for the M3i Zero. The M3 never has to wait month, or even weeks for even update. Usually you'll get it within days, and sometimes a week or two.

Sites like gamekool, 4coolday, and 0shippingzone all ship to the US and are cheap/reliable.

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
Edge website:- http://www.edge-ds.cn/
The iEDGE and EDGE are multi functional media adapters for DSi, DSL and DS. The EDGE series allows use of homebrew NDS applications, multimedia and commercial NDS applications. Our products are highly compatible with the latest commercial ROM’s and we update our software frequently to ensure reliability remains at the top of industry. Support for our product is provided quickly though our customer support team and dedicated resellers. Stay ahead of the game, choose EDGE.
iEDGE Features:
•Latest DSi firmware supported: v1.4
•Supports DSi/DSL/DS
•iEDGE comes blank without any copyrighted software, making it 100% LEGAL
•Fully upgrade-able bootstrap to combat future DSi firmware updates
•Supports DSi firmware v1.4+
•Plays commercial NDS ROM
•Plays homebrew NDS ROMS
•Frequently updated OS for best compatibility
•In game reset
•Automatic ROM protection patcher
•SlowMotion mode
•Save game saves directly to Micro SD
•Automatic save game type detection
•Supports clean ROMs
•Supports MicroSDHC cards up to 32GB
•Multimedia playback such as movies and MP3's
•Action Replay compatible cheat system
•Multi language user interface
•Micro SDHC card reader included
•Full download play support

By the way, I am glad I got an iEdge cart for my dsi, Plus my son got an Edge ds lite. Never look back.

Watch out for this fake site of the iEdge clone http://www.edgei-ds.cn/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Then I can yell at technicians to reverse the polarity