The Walking Dead [MAJOR SPOILERS!]

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to watch the episode that aired a few hours ago. Seems like something big happens from the looks of this thread.

Reactions: gifi4

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I half-liked the last episode (which is a lot considering how much I have disliked previous episodes). For a second it felt like a better and different show. It was refreshing to focus on characters I actually care about. Like watching Glenn, Maggie, and Hershel was nice. Hell even Carol and that convict guy and Merle and Daryl. Considering how bad Rick has become as a character and how much boring attention has been put on the Governor and Andrea, it's good to see the actually good characters getting screen time.

However the show has become a bit pulpy. Don't get me wrong, I like pulpy stuff when they're supposed to be pulpy. Like Django, Machete, stuff like that. It's a bit jarring though to see this laughable gore (not laughable "bad" but laughable in how overdone it is) in serious moments. I'll give them credit that production values are still quite good and I was a bit weary in earlier episodes when there was some bad CG for quick zombie gore.

If the show keeps focus on the good characters (the Glenn-Maggie-Hershel arc and the Merle-Daryl arc) then I'll be satisfied and be able to say the show has redeemed itself quite a bit.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 things I learned from the latest episode of The Walking Dead:

1. Baby formula must literally grow on trees...

2. Hatchback can now be used as a verb (ie; Holy Shit! Daryl just hatchbacked that effin' zombie!)

3. Learning what we did about Daryl and Merle's original intentions with the groups hints at one possible interesting plot-point in the Activision game...

4. Crazy ass Rick is probably wondering why his crazy ass told Tyrese and his peeps to eff off...

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
daryl-.jpg

:wub:
<3 Daryl

Sly 3 4 me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An interesting episode. A bit different compared to the others in the season, as this one only featured four living characters (Excluding the backpack character). It's nice to know what finally happened to Morgan though.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I've been waiting for Morgan to return, as he's one of my favorite characters in the show. Lennie James is an amazing actor (Like wrettcaughn said, he was great in Jericho...Another amazing show), and it definitely showed in tonight's episode. Hopefully we get more episodes like tonight's this season, and in season 4.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy fuck that was a good episode. Like it's so good that it feels so fucking out of place in such a mediocre season.

Admittedly the show's quality went from an alright season one to a fantastic season two to a fecal waterslide season three first half to an alright second half. But this episode was really good.

It did two things I thought the franchise would never do:
  1. Make me give a shit about Michonne. Considering they entire time they made her out to be such a dull ass character with the only purpose of giving fanboys a hardon over katanas vs. zombies, I'm surprised they actually made her tolerable. Like she actually wasn't in some constant angry pouty mode.
  2. Bring back Morgan. I thought he was just a gone character. Not really a complaint, but he had his arc and it was fine. But bringing him back and the way he did... It was fantastic.
I've been very pessimistic towards the show but episodes like this prove it can be so much better. If every episode was like this it'd easily beat Breaking Bad on terms of AMC shows for me.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew they had to bring back Morgan sometime, they had Rick talking to the radio at the end of the 2nd/beginning of the 3rd season (I forgot which) trying to contact him or leave a message in hopes of it reaching him.

Wish he would have went with the group but happy endings don't always come and that's what I love about this series.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what I loved the most, was the way they brought Morgan back.
I mean, whenever anyone thought of Morgan, they thought he was dead, or they thought he and his son were gonna return with some wonderfully happy moment for Rick.
Instead, the guy that saved his life turned for the worse. He lost everything, including himself. I was glad they didn't pull that happy reunion cliche.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The moment they arrived in that town I turned to my wife and said "I wonder what happened to that dude with the kid who helped Rick in season 1"... 5 minutes later, there he is...lol

Huge episode tonight. I'm seriously hoping Andrea gets killed off before the end of the season...

D

Deleted_171835

After the latest episode, I'm pumped for the next Walking Dead. The episode was made by a new showrunner so hopefully, this indicates an improvement in overall show quality for the rest of season 3.

and goddamn at lennie's acting.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last night's episode was... passable.

Nowadays I'm not expecting the show to reach a constant streak of stellar performances, mostly just average/decent episodes with a few stragglers (both good and bad). It had some interesting dynamics I guess, showing that the Governor's camp and Rick's camp really aren't that different and they're only going to war over a personal vendetta.

But I dunno, it just wasn't too interesting, just kinda felt like filler.

Also I watched this just after beating The Walking Dead game and the show ain't shit compared to the game.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'twas a pretty good episode. The Governor played Rick from the start; only bringing up his own wife's story to get Rick thinking about Laurie, then channeling that fear towards the lives of everyone in the group. I don't see Rick giving up Michonne. I also don't see Tyrese siding with the Gov for too long. Still looking forward to Andrea's demise though (here's hoping).

I seriously need to get around to playing the game... Been sitting on it for way too long.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk