Gaming "The Vita has no games..."

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The Vita is shaping up to become a great second PSP, i might do what i did with the first and get it later in its lifecycle.
Offtopic, can anyone recommend some good psp games? It's sad that i only play FFV on it now...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The Vita is shaping up to become a great second PSP, i might do what i did with the first and get it later in its lifecycle. Offtopic, can anyone recommend some good psp games? It's sad that i only play FFV on it now...
Lord of Arcana, God Eater, all of the Monster Hunter series, FFVII: Crisis Core (screw you haters, I like the game ;O; ), MGS: Peace Walker, MGS: PortableOps+, Corpse Party, Valkyria Chronicles II, Patapon series, SMT: Persona 3, Disgaea series, Prinny series, Dante's Inferno, we could sit here forever enumerating titles. :rofl2:

Cryingmoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I've always agreed that the vita has no games.

Excuse me while I find another thread to complain that my 32gig card is always full, and I have to keep rotaing out games to make room for new ones

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
saying it has no games may be a bit wrong but saying otherwise is big time wrong!
the issues are very known and everybody should agree (i hope) and let's drop for a minute the digital vs retail stuff and the poor way eu is treated:
the major problems are:
-which are peace walker level killer apps?
gravity rush?personally i do but the masses don't and in this case the masses opinion is more relevant....tearaway?is that a joke?
all those jrpg that are coming out?nah...
-esclusives?too few to be really proud....
-games japan only?too many....simply way wayyyy too many
-sony support?absolutely nooone!are you reading the predictions for sony's e3 this year?
-future?really dark...this could even pass....but the next?and the one after that?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Saying the Vita has no games is the same as saying the 3DS has no games, the PS3 has no games, the N64 has no games, the NES has no games.
Why? Because they all actually have a ton of games. Just because you don't like them doesn't make them not exist.
I sometimes seriously worry about the mental state of the horrendously stupid people that roam around here.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile

FTFY. hate that fucking game.

ooooook if the Vita has no gaems then the 3DS is starving to death.
Vita has that many games that you need minimum a 16GB card to fit some of them while collecting digital downloads when you're done with these.
I'll like to add to the list
Conception II
Dustforce
Child of Light
Shantae Half-Genie Hero
Disgaea 4
Tales of Hearts R
Danganronpa 2
Corpse Party: Blood Drive(rumored US release)
Sword Art Online
and a honorable mention(jap only ATM) to IA/VT Colorful if you enjoy rhythm games

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
...the main problem is the lack of variety and tons of ports. As Mira said above, Sony's support to the system is simply bad, and it lacks good exclusive games. Comparing the Vita with the 3DS is lame, as the 3DS has tons of good exclusive games of many genres.
...see, I'm not saying the Vita is bad, I really like mine. But if you think for a moment, you'll see that a great parcel of it's best games are remakes and ports, and I don't think it's something good. Of course, there are games that simply offer a brand new experience, even being a remake (aaaaah Ys...I don't regret buying a Vita because of you), and others that are simply awesome, but it's not a trully fresh and new experience.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buying Minecraft on a system that not only has Terraria, but the updated PC version of Terraria with the console exclusive content, is pants on head retarded.

They're not the same game, except for a few basic features most games that are indie seem to have now, like crafting, and destroying stuff.

I swear the first 4 games look the same in this list. lol

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am kinda missing Phantasy Star Online 2 in the "Games that already exist" list.
Even with a EU/US PSN account you can import a physical copy and everything runs fine (in japanese though).
I am playing it on both PC and PSV and it's gorgeous. More MMO's need to have skill based gameplay.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...the main problem is the lack of variety and tons of ports. As Mira said above, Sony's support to the system is simply bad, and it lacks good exclusive games. Comparing the Vita with the 3DS is lame, as the 3DS has tons of good exclusive games of many genres.
...see, I'm not saying the Vita is bad, I really like mine. But if you think for a moment, you'll see that a great parcel of it's best games are remakes and ports, and I don't think it's something good. Of course, there are games that simply offer a brand new experience, even being a remake (aaaaah Ys...I don't regret buying a Vita because of you), and others that are simply awesome, but it's not a trully fresh and new experience.

Some of the exclusives are really good. Persona 4 Golden (although I think it got a PS3 port recently), Tearaway, and Soul Sacrifice are all pretty killer. Also you can't say the ports aren't an incentive. A portable version of Terraria with all the PC content is a huge time sink, Mortal Kombat is really good too, both Rayman games are also good fun.

The Vita at least has games you can dump hours into, like Soul Sacrifice and Terraria. I think it's a worthy handheld to own.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the exclusives are really good. Persona 4 Golden (although I think it got a PS3 port recently), Tearaway, and Soul Sacrifice are all pretty killer. Also you can't say the ports aren't an incentive. A portable version of Terraria with all the PC content is a huge time sink, Mortal Kombat is really good too, both Rayman games are also good fun.

The Vita at least has games you can dump hours into, like Soul Sacrifice and Terraria. I think it's a worthy handheld to own.
It's the original PS2 game that was ported to PS3 so Golden is still an exclusive (and a must have).

RikuCrafter

Trophies
XP
Country

P4 on Ps3 was a port of the PS2 version, not Golden!

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

...I totally agree with you, but that's not the point. I really agree that we have great games on the system, but thinking about it's almost 3 years since release, it have really few exclusives (and comparing with the 3DS for an example it gets even worse).
...I really agree that it's a worthy portable system, but it's support is subpar with it's quality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf