blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DLCs maybe? I guess the zstandard adds some data to decompress the file. Also those really small dlcs are normally a txt file with some lines (txt,json,.data) I saw one that just said "unlock content number 4).
It was proposed to me to add an skip option for files smaller than X size or just dlcs smaller than that size, I'll do in next version.

114kb DLC compress down to 50kb.

JRoad

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
do you mean that the files are verified after compression? or, should I just decompress them and check if the files are the right size?
I missed that. I mean that NSCB has a verifier that currently you can only use if the file is decompressed. I will adapt it to not need decompression, but for now you can decompress and
for some reason, some of my nsz files are larger than their nsp counterparts, like the contra shirts. nsp = 120KBs; nsz = 155KBs. this only happens on really small nsp files.
Did some tests and in my case those small dlcs are compressing at 14% (50-60kB give or take). Unlockers won't compress from what i saw.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm...I'm not sure why they aren't compressing for me. did you do level 22 on that specific one (contra clothing)? also, placeholder dlc won't compress, correct? because challenge pack 4 and 5 of super smash bros. error. the only thing they have in common, from what I can see, is that they're placeholders for dlc that isn't out yet.

JRoad

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hmm...I'm not sure why they aren't compressing for me. did you do level 22 on that specific one (contra clothing)? also, placeholder dlc won't compress, correct? because challenge pack 4 and 5 of super smash bros. error. the only thing they have in common, from what I can see, is that they're placeholders for dlc that isn't out yet.
These are the legit dlcs i have from Contra. If you used a scene release they are unlockers which are created with hacpack. Unlockers aren't compressing.
You can check if they're unlockers with the Mode 4: File-Info and then verify if they're individual files or Mode 1 Individual Mode and the verify option for mass verifying files. The one from the individual mode outputs a badfiles.txt list in the program's finds files that don't pass the checks.

dlcs.PNG

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have figured out the problem. it's the nsp. I downloaded another one of the assassin's pack, and it compressed. how do I know if this is working though? the original nsp verifies as complete with nsp verify.

JRoad

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
what compression level is that? this is what happens for me:

View attachment 182325

they're larger for no apparent reason.
Level22 with legit dlcs, what i'm trying to tell you is that unlockers which are the kind of dlcs that venom and suxxors do will not verify since they're non-legit and won't compress either.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I may have figured out the problem. it's the nsp. I downloaded another one of the assassin's pack, and it compressed. how do I know if this is working though? the original nsp verifies as complete with nsp verify.
If you decompress it it will verify again. I'm working on something to verify the files without decompressing them.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JRoad , I was compressing many nsp games, and I guess someone clicked the x button, when I was away from the computer. I chose to resume the compression list, but has this affected anything? like if I were compressing devil may cry, then clicked the x off, should I start the entire list again? is devil may cry incomplete compression -- is that file deleted if the x was clicked before completion, so you only need to resume the compression list? I'm a bit worried, 'cause compressing this much content might take days, which is why I'm using two computers.

JRoad

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@JRoad , I was compressing many nsp games, and I guess someone clicked the x button, when I was away from the computer. I chose to resume the compression list, but has this affected anything? like if I were compressing devil may cry, then clicked the x off, should I start the entire list again? is devil may cry incomplete compression -- is that file deleted if the x was clicked before completion, so you only need to resume the compression list? I'm a bit worried, 'cause compressing this much content might take days, which is why I'm using two computers.
No, it removes the file from the list after compression\decompression so it will overwrite the one that was processing without issues.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is a user interface planned for the program for people who don't work with scripts on a daily basis?
https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER/releases/tag/v0.93
If you use windows i added both compression and decompression to NSC_builder latest releases. It's backend "squirrel" would work on linux\mac but that requires scripting it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, man. I'm up to the S's with my 83 or so games. it's taken a while, but it's not that bad really. it hasn't slowed down my computer or anything. one of the devil may cry games was compressed to 47% of its original size. quite impressive.

SonikBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@blawar if you want to update your file list... I have compressed all my NSP files. Games, Updates and DLC.
Everything at compression level 22 except a handfull of bigger games (those crashed my PC at level 22).

Attachments

• nszstats.zip
    27 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: mathew77

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@blawar if you want to update your file list... I have compressed all my NSP files. Games, Updates and DLC.
Everything at compression level 22 except a handfull of bigger games (those crashed my PC at level 22).

try not using threads. I did all of mine on level 22, no threads. it took quite some time for 110 games to nsz and xcz, but I never had a crash. my computer is pretty shitty too. I was told not to use threads, because one of the devs said it was causing his computer to crash actually.

Reactions: SonikBR

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: 3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a...