The topic view modes

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Vince989, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Vince989
    OP

Vince989 Still lurking around, sometimes...

Former Staff
    Oct 24, 2002
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    I've just noticed them at top right of a topic, and wonder what they do...

They are : Outline · Standard · Linear+

Standard is the default one, Outline is a "tree view"-like view, where you only see parts of a thread at once, and Linear+ was just the same as Standard, except it had a separator after the first post... What did I miss? [​IMG]

- Vince989

2. Vince989
    OP

Former Staff
    Oct 24, 2002
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    BUMP! [​IMG]

... 18 days and still now answer? Come on guys, someone HAS to know it.... [​IMG]

EDIT : Well, it seems like it's ALMOST like the Standard view, with the difference that each page has the topic's first post (not the first reply, really the first post [​IMG] ) as a header... Is there anything else different? [​IMG]

- Vince989

3. skarthebloodchild

skarthebloodchild Keep It Old School

Jan 13, 2004
    Greece
    Greece
    its all about the interface..
    you have simply answered your question youself.... [​IMG]

4. Vince989
    OP

Former Staff
    Oct 24, 2002
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    At least, it might make some people realize that there are a few ways to view the same topic, and hopefully people will try to find which one suits them best... [​IMG]

I tend to like the default view, but the Outline view is cool too, since you see what happenned in the thread, replies-wise. Linear+ is my next choice after Standard, though, but I won't use it since often the thread's subject change as replies get posted... [​IMG]

- Vince989

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice