Hardware The Switch is a much better home console than the WiiU was!

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 10,537
  • Replies 122
  • Likes 13

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS sales started off slow; slow enough that Nintendo felt the need to slash the unit's price soon after. But you wouldn't think it by reading this: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/03/the_3ds_breaks_nintendos_uk_preorder_record_that_is Only after the price-slash did things pick-up. That's what I'm getting at.

Wii U preorders:
http://www.polygon.com/2012/10/24/3...expectations-250000-customers-on-waiting-list
Meaningless garbage & the sheep still eating this up.

Hilarious that you would even think I "hate" a piece of technology enough to write about it here. As if that is going to influence anyone or make me feel happier about something. What the sheep don't concern themselves with is why people open their mouiths, what vested interests they have and what financial links they might have for opening their mouths. I own all (last gen) consoles from all brands, and I plan to buy the Switch too - one day. No doubt some great content will come out for it & at some point it would be worth considering for me, personally. But you simply don't understand that everyone is in business to make money by spewing propaganda to give sheep the impression they should go spend their money. And people repeat the stuff like it's fact when in fact they are being deceived. And because it comes from their favourite corporate overlord news publication (or not, as the case may be), they feel this adds weight to the veracity of the claims. Hilarious.

But feel free to talk up your favourite console if you wish - without looking at things critically. That tinfoil hat brigade is crazy. How dare they believe that people have financial incentives for herding the sheep...that never happens in civilised countries. Ever.

The sales numbers fall in line with these "puff-pieces" of yours. Not to mention, the 3DS really did see those preorders. Not sure why you think you're not part of the "tinfoil hat brigade" here.

Reading those, and finding the numbers.. I'm not sure where your point stands in any of it. They didn't lie about the numbers.. they didn't falsify anything. How, honestly, are we the sheep here? Why do you think everyone has an agenda? Especially when all of the tech sites seemingly say the same thing? What are you getting at here?

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
The sales numbers fall in line with these "puff-pieces" of yours. Not to mention, the 3DS really did see those preorders. Not sure why you think you're not part of the "tinfoil hat brigade" here.
I'm a proud tinfoil hatter. Always will be. I wear it like a badge of honour. i also like sheep. Moving along...

Reading those, and finding the numbers.. I'm not sure where your point stands in any of it. They didn't lie about the numbers.. they didn't falsify anything. How, honestly, are we the sheep here? Why do you think everyone has an agenda? Especially when all of the tech sites seemingly say the same thing? What are you getting at here?
What am I getting at? Isn't it obvious? Some source parrots out a figure that can't be verified (in this case, the most successful launch in console history). Doesn't name a source we can verify. Even if they did name a source, how are they collecting this data. By what means? Nobody likes to think about it. Then the parrots parrot what one source said, and the other parrot copies that parrot, and so it goes on. The end-result is sheep being influenced, which is what all this propaganda is about - and possibly a lot of payoffs for those parroting this garbage. I am not saying anyone here is buying based off these puff pieces - but these puff pieces do generate interest & nobody can verify them. We basically trust that the source is correct.

And at the end of the day this garbage being parroted has absolutely no correlation with how much a console actually sells. Fact: people have vested interests in creating the impression that a hardware launch has been successful. Fact: people still trust the 'lamestream media' and as such can easily be influenced.

Last edited by foob,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a proud tinfoil hatter. Always will be. I wear it like a badge of honour. i also like sheep. Moving along...

What am I getting at? Isn't it obvious? Some source parrots out a figure that can't be verified (in this case, the most successful launch in console history). Doesn't name a source we can verify. Even if they did name a source, how are they collecting this data. By what means? Nobody likes to think about it. Then the parrots parrot what one source said, and the other parrot copies that parrot, and so it goes on. The end-result is sheep being influenced, which is what all this propaganda is about - and possibly a lot of payoffs for those parroting this garbage. I am not saying anyone here is buying based off these puff pieces - but these puff pieces do generate interest & nobody can verify them. We basically trust that the source is correct.

And at the end of the day this garbage being parroted has absolutely no correlation with how much a console actually sells. Fact: people have vested interests in creating the impression that a hardware launch has been successful. Fact: people still trust the 'lamestream media' and as such can easily be influenced.
Woooooah woah woah, no one ever said it's the most successful launch in history, they said it's the most successful first 48 hours in Nintendo history

Reactions: Kioku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q