The SuperMysteryDungeon sploit problems thread

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Urbanshadow, May 4, 2016.

1. Urbanshadow
    OP

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    So I ran into a few problems with SuperMysteryDungeon Exploit.

The most important one was the installer doing a partial install on the cart and bricking the game.
    I was able to fix it, so I'll tell you how to proceed. If you have any problems related or solved it will
    be nice to post them here.

For the SMD Installer error C86044CD during installation on N3DS (throwed by write_savedata):
    Just delete every file in the cart save with svdt. (JKSV delete savedata will not do)
    Game will think it has a blank save and will start normally.

I will help with anything I can.

Just for the record, I am unable to install smd exploit due to this error, even if I can recover the cart working state.

Last edited by Urbanshadow, May 4, 2016
  2. Minnow

Minnow GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2015
    Canada
    This actually fixed my problem. Thanks!

3. Urbanshadow
    OP

Oct 16, 2015
    You were able to install the exploit into the cart? If so, how? From what setup?
    I get the same C86044CD error over and over again.

4. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Would SaveDataFiler work for that too? Leaving the pointlessness of it aside, I'd think it would since it has an initialise/format function for game saves.

5. Urbanshadow
    OP

Oct 16, 2015
    Try it if you are able to. The whole point is to erase one or every file in the cart save. For completeness sake, the installer works for the cia version of the game, but still fails doing it on the cart. I'm about to think the installer is faulty.

daxtsu likes this.
  6. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    I would if I actually had the game. I was just curious.

7. Urbanshadow
    OP

Oct 16, 2015
    Oh ok. If you happen to find the problem in the future, I think just deleting the file "game_header" on the cart will do. That file is where the actual exploit is and what fails to write/copy to the cart. If copied well, the exploit should launch a payload.bin installed next to it, inside the cart too.

Somehow the "Delete savedata" option from JKSV fails to clean the corrupt "game_header" file. It's weird altogether.

daxtsu likes this.
  8. Urbanshadow
    OP

Oct 16, 2015
    daxtsu likes this.