"The save data is corrupted and will be reset"

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Sephrin, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Sephrin
    OP

Sephrin Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2013
    Poland
    Wysokie Mazowieckie
    I've got a problem with Mario Tennis Open 3DS.
    I was playing the game in online mode few weeks ago. Everything was ok until the battery died during saving.
    Since then my 3DS has been showing me the message mentioned in the tittle.
    I post a video below to make it a little bit clearer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4AGgjxMjVc
    I also tried resetting save data with A,B,X,Y combination. But itdidn't help and the message is still the same.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

2. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    Got an R4i Save Dongle? If so, you could try using my command line tool (from my signature) to erase the save data and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, the game card has probably developed a fault and may need to be returned to the store you bought it from.

Ericthegreat likes this.
  3. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Tho what you are saying is probably correct, I have never heard of this happening to any game cartridge.

4. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    Me either. However, something similar has happened to me with flash storage devices back when I was a little new to Linux. I'd use a command to copy files followed by an immediate call to umount, then remove the USB. I went through 2 devices before I realised what was going on. Basically, the data on the flash was corrupt due to not being fully written and it could no longer be written to either, possibly due to not being powered down correctly before unplugging. I'd imagine the same thing could happen with any flash storage device (including a 3DS card).

5. Sephrin
    OP

Sephrin Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2013
    Poland
    Wysokie Mazowieckie
    Nope. But friend of mine will try to do something with this using NDS Adaptor Plus. I bought the game on ebay so there's no way that i can return it. Also there's no Nintendo consumer support in Poland http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/poland-europe/ So they can't help me either

6. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    If you don't get it working, would you be interested in selling it as faulty and sending it to me in the UK? I'm pretty handy and would like to have a go at fixing it.

7. qweesy777

qweesy777 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    that sucks

8. MAXLEMPIRA

MAXLEMPIRA Legends are Made from True Stories...

Jun 24, 2012
    Mexico
    Kanto <- Hyrule -> Unova
    that happened to me, and with 2 games, I blowed in the N3DS and it works, did you tried it?? at least, my N3DS was dirty, and maybe that was the problem for me, anyway, you should try, you don't lose anything