Hacking "The save data is corrupted and will be reset"

Sephrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've got a problem with Mario Tennis Open 3DS.
I was playing the game in online mode few weeks ago. Everything was ok until the battery died during saving.
Since then my 3DS has been showing me the message mentioned in the tittle.
I post a video below to make it a little bit clearer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4AGgjxMjVc
I also tried resetting save data with A,B,X,Y combination. But itdidn't help and the message is still the same.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Got an R4i Save Dongle? If so, you could try using my command line tool (from my signature) to erase the save data and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, the game card has probably developed a fault and may need to be returned to the store you bought it from.

Reactions: Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got an R4i Save Dongle? If so, you could try using my command line tool (from my signature) to erase the save data and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, the game card has probably developed a fault and may need to be returned to the store you bought it from.
Tho what you are saying is probably correct, I have never heard of this happening to any game cartridge.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Tho what you are saying is probably correct, I have never heard of this happening to any game cartridge.

Me either. However, something similar has happened to me with flash storage devices back when I was a little new to Linux. I'd use a command to copy files followed by an immediate call to umount, then remove the USB. I went through 2 devices before I realised what was going on. Basically, the data on the flash was corrupt due to not being fully written and it could no longer be written to either, possibly due to not being powered down correctly before unplugging. I'd imagine the same thing could happen with any flash storage device (including a 3DS card).

Sephrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Nope. But friend of mine will try to do something with this using NDS Adaptor Plus. I bought the game on ebay so there's no way that i can return it. Also there's no Nintendo consumer support in Poland http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/poland-europe/ So they can't help me either

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. But friend of mine will try to do something with this using NDS Adaptor Plus. I bought the game on ebay so there's no way that i can return it. Also there's no Nintendo consumer support in Poland http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/poland-europe/ So they can't help me either

If you don't get it working, would you be interested in selling it as faulty and sending it to me in the UK? I'm pretty handy and would like to have a go at fixing it.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ILeo @ ILeo:
    i might just mod it? my pc had only 1 fan with 80 temp now i added 4 fans and has 30 temp to 40 while on load
  • ILeo @ ILeo:
    might put it in a pc case?
  • ILeo @ ILeo:
    sounds good?
  • IanSkinner1982 @ IanSkinner1982:
    What is the recommended banner resolution for groups?
  • Flame @ Flame:
    i dont think they is one just get the biggest banner you find for your 70's computer group
    70's and 80's! (maybe 90's too, I forgot when CBM went bankrupt)
    And alright.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    putting a 360 in a pc case is a big project... I'd just leave it at upping the fan
  • RedoLane @ RedoLane:
    so much for making a decent group.
    What do you mean?
  • RedoLane @ RedoLane:
    I wasted my time coming up with a cool group idea, only to end up being the only member.
    What was it?
  • RedoLane @ RedoLane:
    The Post-Apocalypse Survivors Association
    gtg, been nice talking for this whole minute.
  • RedoLane @ RedoLane:
    welp
  • D34DL1N3R tempBOT:
    D34DL1N3R has left the room.
  • CPG @ CPG:
    oh hi tempbot
  • tsao @ tsao:
    hi @CPG
  • RAHelllord tempBOT:
    RAHelllord has left the room.
  • lemonmaster @ lemonmaster:
    wow wow