Hacking The R4i Gold Pro: Can it emulate GBA? What is the deal with "wood"?

Jtoomer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, you should use soundhax

That's what I said.

I will be using soundhax to prepare the CFW on my unupdated 3DS and use it as the "Source" 3DS for the DSiWare Save Injection

Either way I did hear about ntrboothax from the site but I happen to own Four Swords (I got it legit when they were giving it away for the anniversary, had it installed since) so I can do that for the DSiWare Save Injection. I will just simply exploit my old one (the unupdated one) with soundhax, system transfer from my main 3DS ("Target") to that one so the "Source" 3DS will have Four Swords, make sure my "Target" 3DS is formatted and follow the steps on the site.

So from there I will have a 3DS that is basically blank with nothing but the exploit (and default software) left (The one that acted as Source) and my 3DSXL that I want to use will be back to having the NNID and everything associated to it? But now both of them will have the CFW.

Did I skip anything?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I read your comment as basehax the original time, unless you edited it while i was reading it :ninja:

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
There is such a permanent exploit that can be used to hack any 3ds but it hasn't been released yet. It is known as ntrboothax/magnethax and requires a compatible DS mode flash cart (and unless you are on a o2ds, a magnet such as a fridge magnet). The catch is that aside from the ak2i (which has been semi-confirmed to work) nobody knows which flash carts will be compatible.
It also requires a way to flash the flashcart - ie an already hacked console or PowerSaves

Jtoomer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to update you guys I did get the CFW installed on my old 3DS just fine and had to system transfer from my new one to it as my new one had Four Swords. (New as in "Updated" not a new model) so it will be a week before I can use the transfer method to install CFW on my other 3DS.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: