Hacking The R4i-B9S cards can be reverted to regular Flashcarts

Yandere-chan

The One and Only
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, remember that stuff about the R4i-B9S cards? The cards that come pre-flashed for easy Custom Firmware installation? The ones that were being given away? Yeah, those. I won one of these R4 B9S cards and I was hoping for it to be able to be reverted for regular NDS rom usage after the install. At the time, that wasn't a thing but, it turns out, you can now revert these cards to regular flashcarts! I owned a flashcart in the past and I had many problems with getting the right Kernal for it, I only got to use it for like 3 days and it broke. :( (Please note this was before I found this awesome community, where you have all these great people to get help with this kind of stuff with) I never got another one and as a winner of a card in the giveaway, I was very hopeful that you could revert it for regular nds rom usage but, it actually came to be and this makes me and probably the other winners very happy that we made it out with free B9S CFW installing and a regular flashcart afterwards for free. :)

The website will be uploading the .firm file for the reverting process in a little while. Look out for that. :D
http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/B9SSector.asp

Joelgp83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm curious if it'll work on bog standard R4 (not R4i) cards. I've got a non-i version with the R4I-SDHC.com branding, and none of the other flashers seem to think its compatible. My ARDS was compatible with the B9s ARDS update, but I still can't flash it back to normal ARDS firmware.

Reactions: Yandere-chan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol