The PSP Go..

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by prowler, Jul 15, 2009.

Jul 15, 2009

The PSP Go.. by prowler at 1:43 PM (1,647 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    The PSP Go. I don't think it's going to be a big hit.. You can't play UMD's on it, you have to download them off the PlayStation store. Tough luck for young gamers that have parents think its stupid to buy things online - My parents are like that lol - I think Sony should give up on making portable consoles and think on the PS3, like a big hit it was [​IMG].

I'm well sure people will disagree [​IMG]

2. Kwartel

Member Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Netherlands
    It won't be great hit I think, but this will happen;
    Kid; Daddy, I need your creditcard number for my PSP.
    Daddy fills it in.
    Next Month $200 bill [​IMG]

3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I don't think that the PSP GO is supposed to be aimed at the younger market its aimed at more like the 16 > adult market where most will have jobs that will pay for the download content [​IMG]

4. WangerZ

Newcomer WangerZ Member

United States
    what's so great about the psp go? sure it has a 16 gb flash drive and a memory stick slot, and it's formated like some of the cool cell phones...ok maybe it is going to be a hit, but id rather stick with my psp slim

5. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines

thats why they dont make more money than nintendo..in the gaming department at least

6. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    I really don't understand the PSP Go, like what on earth were Sony thinking

Its a waste of time, money, and basically everything else. Sales wont be that impressive, more time should have been displaced in the PS3 instead of this.

7. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    I don't think Sony should leave the handheld market because the PSP is a really nice system. They just need to be more sympathetic of the consumer. Is this thing worth $249? Hell no. Will I get one? Not this year for sure.

8. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    My PSP phat is more import friendly than the PSP Go, the Go looks good, the format is superb, but it's iffy and rushed in the realm of gaming and it's trying and failing at mimicking the DSi. It may be a hit for new PSP owners but the older ones should keep their current PSP or wait until the PSP2 is made.

9. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    I guess in japan they will all buy this thing (as always with Coloured PS2 and so japanese seem to love this [​IMG] ) but here in germany for example (i dunno how it is in other countries) i see the problem that the PSN Shop simply have no games it´s next to nothing so first they should handle this then make the PSP GO cheaper (the price is really ridicoulus and a rip off as usuall $ony) and then they will sell this stuff

10. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I want slap people when they talk about the GO..."but, but...I can't use my UMDs!!!"....YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY ONE!!!! All models will work just fine with the PSN Store, they will be able to download the same games. It's being sold ALONG SIDE with the 3000.

11. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    this is what I was about to say

people think its replacing the original PSP and they are discontinuing all UMD's ect...

12. kalmis

Member kalmis GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    PSP Go will also have a smaller screen than the current PSP has. 250$ is way too steep price for me. If the price goes down and they manage to hack the FW I might buy one, one day.

13. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    It may look damnright ugly, but if it's true that it has as much power as the XBOX and good games come out for it, I may get one after a price drop. But then again, that might take several years...

14. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    With a smaller screen and no UMD, it should be CHEAPER to produce, not more. Common sense tells you this. Unfortunately, people in the world are losing their common sense at an alarming pace and will sucker for Sony's latest money-making scheme.

15. Smartpal

Member Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    It has a smaller screen then the original PSP, way to go Sony. As for the paying for downloads, somebody'll hack it soon for sure. [​IMG]

16. Technik

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    We all ready have a method for the game download. Its called dump and download. [​IMG]

17. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Haha. Yeah. On the current PSP models, not the PSP Go. Obviously, the PSP Go hasn't been hacked yet.

18. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I think that the PSP is a console that could have last a few more year, I really expected it to raise in popularity what with all thesegreat new games coming out and I thought that the PSP Go could really give the DS a run for its money. It could even give the next Nintendo handheld competition as I'd doubt that would be that much more powerful (or even match it).

Sadlythe button and control set up looks worse than the original PSP to me. There is some good kit there and developer support is up seeing its cheap to develop for but what with the high price (£250 over here for something that is techinical four years old) I really doubt it'll catch on. Missed opportunity to me.

I will get an older PSP though, the future games appeal to me somewhat and it'll be nicer to watch stuff on in bed instead of my PDA.

19. Saywhatjj4

Member Saywhatjj4 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Maybe Dark Alex will make another Custom firmware but This time on The Go [​IMG]