The PlayStation Experience 2014 - Ended

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Bastion, shovel knight, Suikoden 1 and 2, Octodad, Super Time Force ULTRA, Banner Saga comming all to vita?
What is it christmas? BTW for those who care Need For Speed Most wanted is free on Vita atm.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bastion, shovel knight, Suikoden 1 and 2, Octodad, Super Time Force ULTRA, Banner Saga comming all to vita?
What is it christmas? BTW for those who care Need For Speed Most wanted is free on Vita atm.

They're all just kinda ports though. Bastion is also pretty damn old at this point and everyone and their dog has played it. Great game, but a little late to the party.

I'll probably grab Shovel Knight for the Vita but the rest of the indie selection is either old ports or mediocre looking.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They're all just kinda ports though. Bastion is also pretty damn old at this point and everyone and their dog has played it. Great game, but a little late to the party.

I'll probably grab Shovel Knight for the Vita but the rest of the indie selection is either old ports or mediocre looking.
I know. But I prefer playing my indies on handhelds. Especailly PSone classics.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I loled at SFV "this game will never appear on another console".

I love CapCom, but they are full of it when it comes to platform exclusivity, Resident Evil 4 springs to mind as a prime example - GCN exclusive now available on PS2, Wii, 360 and iOS.

Also, look for cross-platform SFV CE within 18 months.

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG!! YAKUZA 5 IN THE U.S.!!! I HAVE BEEN SO ANGRY ABOUT THIS NOT COMING HERE FOREVER!!

I own the Japanese games not brought over here also.

I will pay full price for this (I never do that) as soon as it hits shelves and even buy the deluxe edition if there is one to show support.

Its a Christmas miracle!

IF YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED YAKUZA 4 ON PS3, YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON ONE OF THE BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME!!

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
There is another big announce coming today at 7pm Vegas time.
It's to do with this:

9814_54816f8514f408.52193631.jpg

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I loled at SFV "this game will never appear on another console".

I love CapCom, but they are full of it when it comes to platform exclusivity, Resident Evil 4 springs to mind as a prime example - GCN exclusive now available on PS2, Wii, 360 and iOS.

Also, look for cross-platform SFV CE within 18 months.
The thing is, the PS4 sells well enough to likely be able to fulfill whatever exclusivity contract that Capcom agreed to. Regardless of how good RE4 was, the Gamecube sold absolutely horribly, and it's likely that not enough copies of RE4 sold to fulfill the contract, thus, Nintendo lost their exclusivity rights to the game.

Reactions: CathyRina

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
So... any ideas on what happened to the Last Guardian? The least Sony could have done is shared that it is still in development during this event. I enjoyed playing ICO and Shadow of Colossus the other day on my PS3 so really hoping TLG sees the light of day.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The thing is, the PS4 sells well enough to likely be able to fulfill whatever exclusivity contract that Capcom agreed to. Regardless of how good RE4 was, the Gamecube sold absolutely horribly, and it's likely that not enough copies of RE4 sold to fulfill the contract, thus, Nintendo lost their exclusivity rights to the game.

Well I'd be interested to know the details of their original contract over RE4. The game sold 1.6 million copies on Gamecube, over half the total sales figure of Zelda: Windwaker, a AAA 1st party release. Surely Nintendo wouldn't have guaranteed sales in excess of 50% of a sure fire success like a Zelda game?

Obviously I understand that there was a legal escape clause for CapCom somewhere, 'cause I don't remember reading about any lawsuits.

Funny thing is GCN and Wii sales combined account for well over 50% of the sales across all platforms on which the game is available.

I like this quote from an IGN article following the PS2 port announcement:

"When statements were made regarding GCN exclusivity, they were true at the time they were said. However, it was a recent executive decision from Capcom Japan to begin development of the game for the PS2," a spokesperson for the company maintained.

Apparently truth exists only in the moment at CapCom, and should not be relied upon.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do still wonder why SF V was not put on the Xbox One, though the best theory I'd heard was that the SF dev team got really good with OpenGL, and since Microsoft's Xbox One SDK wants you to only use DirectX for graphics, it was too much of a pain at this time to convert all that OpenGL graphics logic to work on the system. I would rather hear a dev from the team confirm/deny this... just some kind of reason, especially since it seems that the 360 was almost always the better system for running the games, even if the d-pad was an annoying limitation.

Given the choice, I'd rather SF 5 on the PC, but I fear my current computer just isn't going to tolerate it very well, what with the way system requirements for games made for these new gen systems are quickly getting out of hand.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did Sony let Square Enix get on stage to do that? lolol
d8clcicfihuoevs91l6z.gif
I couldn't believe that they did this... it honestly made Capcom's HD re-release of RE 1 for the current and last-gen consoles look like they actually did some work beyond just shoving the original source onto the SDK and hitting compile, which sounds like is exactly what Squeenix did here.

Seriously, if anyone from square is reading this and is man enough to get past their xenophobia to understand this, it's really simple. Yes, we did want a proper re-release of Final Fantasy VII on the system. Yes, we are ticked that you'd been trolling us since pre-PS3 for it. What we want, is one that actually took some goddamn effort to do, since we know that you'll be trying to sell it to us at $60 USD, if not more. Please, look at the example of the REmake for gamecube compared to what it was like on the original PS1. that is the minimum you should be doing to bring this game to a current-gen system. What we should be getting is, including but not limited to:
  • Reworked graphics - new higher-poly modeling, animation, new cutscenes, cutscenes done with the in-game graphics
  • A proper translation, please. You guys did it for FF V on the GBA, you can do it for this because you know that if you did, it would sell that much better.
  • Make those pre-rendered graphics real, yo.
  • Considering the obscene space advantage from a CD-ROM to BluRay (and digital download), could easily afford some extra playthrough scenarios, The After Years-style, perhaps from the POV of other characters, or as a "meanwhile, while that was going on ..." kind of thing.
  • Multiple ways to earn/win for the optional content, like the bonus WEAPON boss battles you gave us here in 'murica.
  • You could play through a prequel, like perhaps an HD-ified of Crisis Core, that one japan-exclusive mobile game that was never released anywhere else, and easily could still also feature another 20+ hour post-game that takes place around/during the events of the Advent Children movie.
If you had all of that in this PS4 re-release, it would sell systems. It would sell by the truckload. It would be a millions-seller for years.

But instead you just want to straight port the original EIDOS PC release; not even the updated Steam Re-release either.

<-- my face when

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This whole FF7 thing really proves that Squenix has been smoking weed during the past years of game development.
FF7 was one of the biggest system sellers for PS1 and now that we celebrate the PS1 20th anniversary you would think that SE would like to celebrate FF7 with a proper remake. But as FF10 already shown SE simply doesn't know the definition of a remake. All they're good at are ports these days.

D

Deleted User

Bastion on Sony consoles is a godsend didn't wanna turn on my shitbox

This whole FF7 thing really proves that Squenix has been smoking weed during the past years of game development.
FF7 was one of the biggest system sellers for PS1 and now that we celebrate the PS1 20th anniversary you would think that SE would like to celebrate FF7 with a proper remake. But as FF10 already shown SE simply doesn't know the definition of a remake. All they're good at are ports these days.

Smoking weed? nah if they were smoking weed they would make creative and fun games it seems to me they were smoking some meth/crack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: At least maybe give context, the conversations going quicker.