The PlayStation Experience 2014 - Ended

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, Dec 6, 2014.

1. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    So Sony pulled a Bayonetta 2? On the bright side it'll definitely sell a ton of copies despite being a console exclusive which I still find it hard to believe but this exclusivity could end with the next iteration of SFV.

*cough* Killzone: Shadowfall *cough*

I need to swallow a pill of Dr. Mario to get rid off this cough.

Anyway, Uncharted IV and Street Fighter V are the only ones that really got interest, the rest's okay. Thanks EA for those games.

2. emigre

emigre An electric type pokemons

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London

*cough* Killzone:Shadowfal is a FPS *cough*

3. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Fixed that for you.

4. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    It's a shooter so it can be thrown under the bus too.

5. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    Final Fantasy VII HD Remake confirmed! Trolololololololololo!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

Mass Effect is a TPS. Let's throw it under the bus too.

Stop saying things that are stupid.

7. TheCasketMan

TheCasketMan Keyblade Apprentice

Sep 3, 2011
    United States
    Orlando, FL
    Vita had nothing good except RER2 and that is an episodic port which we havent seen running in a Vita at all. Sure it had indies like always, but that is nothing new or system selling. People think the Vita is saved by having lots of $15 8 bit indies LOL.

8. Nathan Drake

Jan 2, 2011
    It isn't about saving the Vita. Don't say dumb things. It's about the Vita getting content so that the over 9 million Vita owners out there still have content to enjoy. Personally, as a Vita owner, I'm satisfied with what was shown.

9. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    No one said Vita is saved.

10. TheCasketMan

TheCasketMan Keyblade Apprentice

Sep 3, 2011
    United States
    Orlando, FL

For those who like indies games, today is a blast, but not for those who want bigger games(AA-AAA). That was what I was trying to say, but couldn't word it right. Sorry.

True, but people are acting so surprised that the Vita got some indies announced today and saying Sony finally showed some love, while indies for the Vita were always announced at E3 and Gamescom.

11. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

Was it even RER2 or was it the first one? I missed that part of the conference.

Yeah the Vita is kinda now just the "Playstation 4 U." Basically it's an off-screen play device with a couple good games on its own. It's unfortunate too, the tech on that thing is great and with proper support it'd blow the 3DS out of the fucking water.

I do like the Vita too and I think I got my money's worth with it (between its launch era of getting its own games to its time now as my PS4 peripheral) but damn it could use something more.

12. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I am with Thug. From what I saw of it I probably still would have cut some stuff but for something that was not E3, TGS, Gamescom... and definitely for a manufacturer created show it was good.

Can't say I am feeling any more enthusiastic about the year to come but at this point in console lifetimes it is usually a surprise if something works well rather than more of an expectation.

13. SLiV3R

SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

Jan 9, 2006
    Bastion on the vita will be great! :)

14. CompassNorth

CompassNorth Denko (´・ω・`)

Oct 18, 2011
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Seems like Vita will forever continue being a rehash machine.

15. Nathan Drake

Jan 2, 2011
    Sony has basically said right out that the Vita will be more of an indie machine at this point. It's a little disappointing at times, but it is what it is. It isn't as if the Vita won't get major releases, but honestly, I prefer indie releases to nothing, especially when it's quality indie games like Bastion finding a home on the handheld.

Otherwise the Vita is getting RE: Revelations 2, which is pretty cool, and the Japanese keep periodically sending more over than just weeaboo games.

If you're expecting the Vita to be some handheld AAA machine, unfortunately, that ship has long sailed. It has some stellar stuff from its first year still worth playing from when Sony was really focused on the machine and its success, but with the PS4 clearly being the successful member of the Playstation family right now, it makes more sense to them to make the Vita more of a PS4 companion and less of the machine they originally intended it to be.

And even then, the HD remakes were cool shit. Pretty much every single one of them presented the very first time that these games were easily available in a mobile fashion. Considering how badly Nintendo fans pined after a Majora's Mask remake, I personally believe the Vita did something right there.

16. CompassNorth

CompassNorth Denko (´・ω・`)

Oct 18, 2011
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    That's the thing, I don't expect AAA games, I just want exclusives. If Sony wants it mostly to be an indie machine then get developers to work some exclusive indie games.
    All the indie games they announced can be played on any computer bought in the last 3-5 years, and it wouldn't surprise me if some games were released on smartphones already.

Yeah, that's understandable. Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandago weren't recently released games so no issue there.

17. ieatpixels

ieatpixels GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2008
    it hasn't ended, there will be a second stream.

18. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    Geez. And here I thought the Vita bashing had ended months ago.

19. Nathan Drake

Jan 2, 2011
    So you're saying there will be a....double stream?

Warning: Spoilers inside!

20. aiat_gamer

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    The concept was good, I expected fighting monsters not gerenic enemies.