Gaming The OTHER 10 free games?

rufus83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this of interest, (ripped from the press release on Nintendo.com):

Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost.

Notice near the end where it states that "Updated" versions of these games will be free for ambassadors when they are released to the public. What exactly do they mean by "Updated" I wonder? Are these games scheduled to become 3D Classics perhaps?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rufus83 said:

Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost.

Notice near the end where it states that "Updated" versions of these games will be free for ambassadors when they are released to the public. What exactly do they mean by "Updated" I wonder? Are these games scheduled to become 3D Classics perhaps?
Then they wouldn't be Virtual Console.

rufus83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
rufus83 said:

OK, So what does it mean then? Are we getting beta versions or something? Why would we have a need to download "updated" versions later otherwise?

EDIT: Well I called Nintendo to find out. They put me on hold for like 10 minutes haha. I guess almost nobody there knew, but they asked 1 person who had some information. They told me that we aren't getting completely "full" versions of these games at first. I don't know if it will be demos, or just incomplete versions, but that's what the "updated" was all about. We will eventually have to download the "final" version of the games once they are actually released.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rufus83 said:
machomuu said:
rufus83 said:

OK, So what does it mean then? Are we getting beta versions or something? Why would we have a need to download "updated" versions later otherwise?
They probably mean "updated" as in free. This is possible, as previously the say "paid versions" when referring to the versions they are to sell.

camus24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
rufus83 said:
machomuu said:
rufus83 said:

EDIT: Well I called Nintendo to find out. They put me on hold for like 10 minutes haha. I guess almost nobody there knew, but they asked 1 person who had some information. They told me that we aren't getting completely "full" versions of these games at first. I don't know if it will be demos, or just incomplete versions, but that's what the "updated" was all about. We will eventually have to download the "final" version of the games once they are actually released.

I read that the update versión would be a multiplayer version, at first the embassador will get the normal one player version, later in the update Nintendo will include a multiplayer version, which teh ambasador will download for free...

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Fail said:
If they include Ruby and Sapphire, they'd better make it capable of multiplayer. Or else I will be raging.
Some of the GBA/NES games they're offering are confirmed to have multiplayer.

So it's totally possible.
biggrin.gif

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA List:
Pokemon Emerald (they should be able to do this since Nintendo owns a decent amount of game freak)
Kirby's Nightmare In Dreamland
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (I played this game to DEATH)
Wario Ware Twisted (if they did this I would love you nintendo even more
wub.gif
)
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror/Minish Cap (Im still deciding on which |: )

Izzy011

The Business Bitch
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The should add The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, seeing as it's the 25th anniversary of the series.
Also Metroid: Zero Mission, because it's better than the original.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu