The Office Series Finale Next Week

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, the sure is finally coming to an end after 9 seasons. Some good seasons, some bad. Honestly, 8 was the worst, but I've come to like Season 9 quite a bit, mainly because it had like none of Andy. But I think I might actually miss the show. I really liked the sweet moments between Jim and Pam to be honest, like how Jim shows his love for her, it's sweet.

The show ends next week with a special, more like a recap, with the cast talking about memories and such, followed by a 75 minute series finale that talks about someone's wedding (Won't spoil it though it was in Tonight's episode).

4615955521_michaelscott_answer_1_xlarge.jpg

Anyways, what do you guys think the series finale is going to be like? Is it going to suck. Is it going to be 40 minutes of just flashbacks?

Or will it end with the documentary finishing, the camera zooms out from a tv showing Michael and Holly sitting on the couch, and Holly says "wow, that was long" with the camera zooming in Michael who looks at the camera, and just grins? (Because that would be the best fucking send off for a show ever).

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They just show him in the cast party, the one hour special before the finale.

I hope he makes a return, even if for 10 minutes, rushes in and runs up by Dwights side as the best man...

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I've never actually watched more than three episodes of the Office. It looks quite dull and slow but it also looks like it's one of those Comedy shows that's actually smart and not dumbed down. Is it really worth watching?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh the show has kinda always stayed on a boring middleground of being unambitious and with its most redeeming quality being consistent. It never really elevated itself to be an above and beyond sitcom.

Plus the reliance on awkward cringe humor has always been a real annoyance. They are genuinely funny moments here and there but they're few and far between and most of the "humor" relies on a character doing something awkward followed by uncomfortable silence or a trainwreck-like continuation of the awkwardness.

So yeah I'll stick to other sitcoms.

Etkar.H

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I've never actually watched more than three episodes of the Office. It looks quite dull and slow but it also looks like it's one of those Comedy shows that's actually smart and not dumbed down. Is it really worth watching?
I also thought it dull and boring before I started watching it last year. I got addicted to it. :D

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eh the show has kinda always stayed on a boring middleground of being unambitious and with its most redeeming quality being consistent. It never really elevated itself to be an above and beyond sitcom.

Plus the reliance on awkward cringe humor has always been a real annoyance. They are genuinely funny moments here and there but they're few and far between and most of the "humor" relies on a character doing something awkward followed by uncomfortable silence or a trainwreck-like continuation of the awkwardness.

So yeah I'll stick to other sitcoms.
Depends on the season, and character.

First couple of seasons, yeah, the awkwardness is what's funny. Season 4-7, it's more obvious and the awkwardness isn't there, but rather you laugh at the dumb thing the person has done and watch them try their hardest to justify it, ie: anything Michael Scott. Season 8.... yeah, let's not talk about that. Season 9 was really good because it had less of Ed Helms. The show is really going out with a bang than a fizzle. It's closer to the humor in the best episodes of The Office.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153