Firmware The next 3DS firmware update will introduce DLC

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never understood the hatred for DLC. Yeah, developers can and have misused it, but that isn't a problem inherent with concept; just publishers trying to ensure a profit.

If you have a problem with games that milk the DLC, then don't buy them... or don't buy the DLC that comes with the game. Instead, purchase the games that use it correctly to extend and enrich the game far beyond its original state. Publishers like money; they'll get the hint.

lestatbytes

leaving without a trace..
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have never understood the hatred for DLC. Yeah, developers can and have misused it, but that isn't a problem inherent with concept; just publishers trying to ensure a profit.

If you have a problem with games that milk the DLC, then don't buy them... or don't buy the DLC that comes with the game. Instead, purchase the games that use it correctly to extend and enrich the game far beyond its original state. Publishers like money; they'll get the hint.

Exactly,.

dont blame em if u purchased the crappy dlc,. the power to choose over crap and good DLC is in our hands,. ;)

WouterSlooff

Trophies
XP
Might be smart, when they also did this for the wii. You know, for CoD, NfS, Fifa, you know the 'big' 3rd-party games.

WouterSlooff

Trophies
XP

I agree with you, its your choice to get DLC. why bitch about it? Most of the money made with selling a game, goes to the publishers, the studio might only see 40%, and they gotta pay their software, wage, bills and shit. I dont blame the studios trying to get a extra bucks, because they can use that money to improve their new upcoming games, with a way better engine (look what Dice did with the "Old" Frostbite engine, they made a complete new engine). These improvements need money, and we pay money for their games and dlc.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in the day Devs published their own games with only a few exceptions. I miss those days. Yes it took 3x longer for a game to get released, but at least the games had a better chance of quality

Reactions: 1 person

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is the major update going to end up being on thanksgiving? I mean that's the final thursday of the month unless they just choose a different arbitrary date.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hum... I wonder if DLC will be availiable for previously released games like Samurai Warrior Chronicles? I love that game and I've already finished pretty much all quests in Chaos mode, so if they'd release a DLC for it with like... New missions, new weapons, new chars and new armors, it'd be so awesome. >.<
Other games like SSF and DoA would also benefit from it, extra characters for example among other stuff...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol