zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I finished uploading my cheat.dat with DQM codes and Geometry Wars codes.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CTO2EPQZ

This will be something I do on RARE occasions, only when people like grimalkin don't do it for over a week or so. I also won't add games that I don't give a shit about, like magic storybook or my pet dolphin, etc.
Don't expect regular updates from me.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I finished uploading my cheat.dat with DQM codes and Geometry Wars codes.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CTO2EPQZ

This will be something I do on RARE occasions, only when people like grimalkin don't do it for over a week or so. I also won't add games that I don't give a shit about, like magic storybook or my pet dolphin, etc.
Don't expect regular updates from me.

Heh, good job.

Anyway... as of this post, the Massive R4DS Cheat Database will be discontinued. (My version of it anyway) Prior uploads will still be available but for personal reasons, I cannot spend extra time out of my day to update the database and/or find the authors of each code. (Although, I'll probably still lurk this forum, I can't access my FTP through my work firewall which is the only connection I'll probably see for the next few months)

If anyone wishes to continue this on their own (using the same guidelines as my .dat; you're on your own if you do so otherwise) and lack hosting, I'll gladly provide hosting.

People I recommend to take over:
Twiffles
jelbo
120 AND/OR knows what kodewerx is and the rules that are required>

Anyway, it's every man for themselves now. I "might" do "some" updates but not frequently.

I may revive it in a few months if the community permits ^-^

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meanwhile, I've been updating mine as often as I ever did. I just don't make it publicly available anymore.

seracrux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nooo....
it was a shame when rayder stopped, and now grimalkin too... demn
i'm going to be forced to actually learn how to update the DAT unless...
someone does it...hint hint to anyone out there

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
making your own dat is really easy. all you do is copy paste and press the update button after each code then everything works fine.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only stopped making it publicly available because I couldn't be arsed to add credits to all the talented hackers who made the codes. I already had so many codes in there from more than just kodewerx and codejunkies (though those ARE the main sites) that it would be nearly impossible to track down who made every code. All the codes are so intermixed that it would take hours per game to determine who made what and to sort them out and all that. There's also the fact that the R4 team didn't credit a sole in THEIR dat....codes which are at the very heart of the dat from the very beginning. So credits was something I never even considered doing when I first started maintaining it.

Grimalkin quickly found out what a pain in the ass it is to maintain. While it's easy to add codes to a dat, it's tough to credit everyone so long after the dat became as huge as it is. It's also tough to check every code to verify it actually works in an R4 or M3 Simply. I'm sure I have many multitudes of codes in my dat that don't even work.

I didn't want to stop providing it, I was kinda forced to stop providing it. I don't want to get banned from the sites I rely on for codes just because I didn't think to credit people from the time I started making my massive dat. I was tired of getting hate mails from hackers. I already got banned from one site. I don't need that crap.

The only code I really use is the backlight code anyway. I only rarely use other codes just to get me through some place I may be stuck in a game. I maintain it mostly for myself and my real life friends now.

I didn't mean to tease anyone about it.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's a shame you had to stop Grimalkin, but it's understandable because of the amount of work involved. Thanks for the time you maintained it
smile.gif

I already turned down the offer (that basically is for everyone) through PM; I don't have the time nor the motivation do maintain the .dat. I'd get pretty much pissed off by comments here as well.

If I use cheats I only use a few for a few select games I play so I can live with adding them to a small .dat myself. I've been brainstorming on a way to collectively contribute sourced codes, though it would involve way much developing/maintaining time as well, so it's not really an option (basically a 'pastebin' like moderated MediaWiki system).

Meanwhile, I've been updating mine as often as I ever did. I just don't make it publicly available anymore.
Ahh, that one sucks dude xD Please don't make us jealous
tongue.gif

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think it would be mandatory to tell who made every cheat. The cheat makers just want credit so making a credit file put into each update should be ok.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried having credits in the text file. Apparently that wasn't good enough.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm not that all sad about this, only for the fact that I rarely use codes and haven't used any CHEAT.dat update since the last one Rayder put out. Other than that I just help on the side. I mean it's not their faults why these guy's stop updating the .dat. I mean, they're doing to for all you guys so everyone that uses them should be consent with them doing it out of charity. It's tedious work having to update one the these for free use. Getting permission, new codes coming out practically everyday, and such. If I had tons of free time I would update it myself, but I don't. It's not only tedious, but really time consuming. Plus so many people start complaining about credit for such and such, codes not working, their games crashing, and other random crap people keep bringing up with these guys. It's not that hard to do this yourself, anyone that can read can do it. So why complain? Seriously, why must people complain about it? (Like I said earlier) They take time from their lives, and then when they cannot give anymore time, people complain. So yeah, that's my 6 yen.

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder, please resume doing it the way you used to. I personally hate having cheat spaces taken up with the name of the author.
The way you should do it is just update the .txt file the same way grimalkin's been doing it; by listing the games added/modified and then all the authors that have codes in that update.

I think people would be satisfied with this method.

seracrux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You're crying over blank codes? umm... that's kinda (no not kinda, it is) anally retentive.

haha, agreed (no offense to anyone though)
I forgot to thank Rayder and Grimalkin for their valiant efforts in serving the community, unfortunately you can never please everybody, thanks again guys.

thinking back, I started using cheats when the R4 team made it available, but I got hooked ever since then. I don't cheat on games I really like though, I cheat on games I think spending too much time on is a waste.

edd722

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
oh crap you are right, by the way do you have a mirror for the translated editor? the original link is dead... if you can mirror it somewhere like Rapidshare PM ME please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp