Gaming The NEW massive CHEAT compilation thread.

• Thread starter Narin
  • Start date
  • Views 3,083,674
  • Replies 9,825
  • Likes 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

polle123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Nope, from the second Narin says that this tread is closed, I'll accept that.
all I'm suggesting is that we make sure that if Narin gets back he won't have a code waitinglist of several weaks waiting for him

and about the piracy bypassing, only a couple of games have that

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
you're right that we shouldn't update it without his permission but i think that it should be maintained until he returns and i don't think anyone really wants to start from scratch and didn't narin get a head start as well from rayder's old database

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Perhaps we should just lock this thread until Curley reveals his plan.

That's probably a good idea. I don't think any of us know what's going to happen at the time. And this thread will just fill up with more useless posts like mine while things are in limbo.

QUOTEdidn't narin get a head start as well from rayder's old database

I believe he had permission. It was actually Grimalkin (forgot how his name was spelled) who took over for Rayder, then Rayder returned, and then Narin and Curly stepped in.

polle123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I tpught of that too but if we close this thread, the codes are just going to stack up, and i don't think he is willing to come back if he has to work even more then he did before

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll also mention that every time the code database switched hands, no feud was waged over it. The transfer was clean and respectful. But now, we've got two people who kept the thing going who were burned badly. I don't know how they'd feel about people using their work, especially since they're a bit sick of how people in GBAtemp treated them. And if they decided that people shouldn't use their work, we'd need to respect that decision.

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
didn't narin get a head start as well from rayder's old database
QUOTEI believe he had permission. It was actually Grimalkin (forgot how his name was spelled) who took over for Rayder, then Rayder returned, and then Narin and Curly stepped in.

yeah i know he had permission but the point i was trying to make was that it would be hard for anyone to start another database with the 1000s of games there are now
yeah well i'll shut up now as well as i think my opinions been heard ^^

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pieman202 said:
QUOTE said:
didn't narin get a head start as well from rayder's old database
QUOTEI believe he had permission. It was actually Grimalkin (forgot how his name was spelled) who took over for Rayder, then Rayder returned, and then Narin and Curly stepped in.

yeah i know he had permission but the point i was trying to make was that it would be hard for anyone to start another database with the 1000s of games there are now
True it would be hard, but we still have to respect Narin's decision on the matter.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
nah, i think we could continue with collecting codes, maybe we will paste them in a notepad and pass them to curley to hold on to? till narin gets back
biggrin.gif
Hope he gets well soon and about guys like psychoblaster, let's just take it in our stride, its the internet guys, where moron and retardedness roam free, u can get a shotgun and shoot them in the head, but its not gona help anyone, so without further ado, brb i check out codes for games.

edit: it seems all is peaceful at kodewerx and gscentral, i will post update once there is any new codes
biggrin.gif
so for the moment guys, let's just chill and wait for narin to return
biggrin.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
well..
i guess things should be in some form of no.3
smile.gif

however, regardless narin is coming back or not ...i am still going to maintain my own database as i have been (before i involved over here) and planning to ~!

it might not be as resourceful as the one that narin is doing.. but at least it will help some of those who really need some codes
smile.gif

phenixz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Just a small word to thanks all the people that have done a hard work with this more than great database.

I think the bashing Narin (and others) received was totally uncalled for.

And for all who thinks, it's so easy to do ... I'll just say one thing : Be my guest and do it!

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
and if u guys need someone to vouch for how hard it is, just ask me, okay i didn't hack any games, heck, i can't even program crap for my life, not even a ns-dos game
frown.gif
and hacking game is alot harder than programming a game since u have no functions to work with, all u have a hexadecimal numbers so for those who say its easy, come back after u programmed a bug-free monopoly game, don worry if it is just plain text based, if u can do that, then sure, u might get away with calling game hacking a piece of cake
ohmy.gif

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its not narins cheat database its GBAtemps cheat database narin was only maintaining it so why would anyone need his permission to use it
so i think anyone from gbatemp can take over you dont have to wait for his permission as he does not own it......

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
helpme said:
its not narins cheat database its GBAtemps cheat database narin was only maintaining it so why would anyone need his permission to use it
so i think anyone from gbatemp can take over you dont have to wait for his permission as he does not own it......
He and his team owns it, not GBAtemp. Any games that he has compiled the cheats for are his and we'd need his permission to alter them.

If you want to start the cheats over, then you can. But it's only fair to ask permission before altering his work.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
even one is granted with permission

the maintaining part is the most hethic thing of all ~! the time and effort will kill
tongue.gif

as far as i know.. narin spent couple of hours for the update...
imagine that is a daily basis thing..

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok folks, to clear things up, I never gave up on the cheat database
smile.gif
So can we drop this entire matter? At any rate, expect a decent size update tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/kC55we28Js8?si=5fLpug3Qa-S-70Mi