Homebrew The Most Useless DS

ferofax

End of the World
OP
Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2009
Messages
2,570
Trophies
0
Age
40
Location
Philippines
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
667
Country
...somebody should start coding this.
happy.gif
it'll be a good novelty homebrew, just like Nyan Cat was a nice novelty homebrew.

[youtube]UmQ5LsNMXZ4[/youtube]

EDIT: omg, someone did. see following posts below for link. ?(`?´)?
 

s4mid4re

 
Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2011
Messages
1,669
Trophies
0
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
267
Country
United States
for those of you who are wondering what the heck the title is supposed to be, it means
"mercilessly bullying a robot that turns itself off when turned on"
laugh.gif


... and yes, a hb like this would be great.
 

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
27,880
Trophies
0
Age
34
Location
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
8,908
Country
United States
I'm seriously working on it right now.

CODEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (touchXY.px > strtol("7B", NULL, 16) && touchXY.px < strtol("8A", NULL, 16) && touchXY.py > strtol("53", NULL, 16) && touchXY.py < strtol("62", NULL, 16) && v_switch == 0) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂv_switch = 1;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂv_pushed = v_pushed+10;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂframe = 0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}

I've got the main functions done, now I just need to code in what happens when the homebrew gets pissed off at you.
 

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2010
Messages
2,206
Trophies
0
Location
San Miguel
XP
1,086
Country
United States
Rydian said:
I'm seriously working on it right now.

CODEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (touchXY.px > strtol("7B", NULL, 16) && touchXY.px < strtol("8A", NULL, 16) && touchXY.py > strtol("53", NULL, 16) && touchXY.py < strtol("62", NULL, 16) && v_switch == 0) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂv_switch = 1;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂv_pushed = v_pushed+10;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂframe = 0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}

I've got the main functions done, now I just need to code in what happens when the homebrew gets pissed off at you.

Make it show a mad face and close the app if too many pushes are made at once.
biggrin.gif
 

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2008
Messages
582
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
167
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
Rydian said:
I'm seriously working on it right now.

CODEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (touchXY.px > strtol("7B", NULL, 16) && touchXY.px < strtol("8A", NULL, 16) && touchXY.py > strtol("53", NULL, 16) && touchXY.py < strtol("62", NULL, 16) && v_switch == 0) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂv_switch = 1;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂv_pushed = v_pushed+10;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂframe = 0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}

I've got the main functions done, now I just need to code in what happens when the homebrew gets pissed off at you.

Make it show a mad face and close the app if too many pushes are made at once.
biggrin.gif

This is going to best the best novelty homebrew ever!
tongue.gif
 

ferofax

End of the World
OP
Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2009
Messages
2,570
Trophies
0
Age
40
Location
Philippines
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
667
Country
(???) HOLY CRAP THAT WAS FAST! RYDIAN YOU'RE A GOD.
rofl.gif
ohmy.gif


...this'll also be a good way to full-drain batteries before fully-charging, to get the most out of your batteries. see? ain't so useless.
biggrin.gif


okay, some more additional functions to consider.

1. first few touches, it's lazy, so there should be some delay.
2. after some rather annoying touches, it'll start to quicken its reactions.
3. then it gets angry.
4. make it scream some ungodly japanese soundbytes, with jap smilies (like in vid)
 

Tom1307

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jun 10, 2010
Messages
8
Trophies
0
Age
28
Website
tomdevsblog.drunkencoders.com
XP
60
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
I'm seriously working on it right now.

CODEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (touchXY.px > strtol("7B", NULL, 16) && touchXY.px < strtol("8A", NULL, 16) && touchXY.py > strtol("53", NULL, 16) && touchXY.py < strtol("62", NULL, 16) && v_switch == 0) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂv_switch = 1;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂv_pushed = v_pushed+10;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂframe = 0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}

I've got the main functions done, now I just need to code in what happens when the homebrew gets pissed off at you.

Hmm may I ask why you used strol to just put in plain numbers? I think you just could write CODEtouchXY.px > 0x7B etc etc.
, not sure though if this really was what you wanted
yaynds.gif
 

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
27,880
Trophies
0
Age
34
Location
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
8,908
Country
United States
mercluke said:
"the rom image has crashed" when trying to launch in no$gba
frown.gif

edit: nice source commenting, though ;pI only tested with iDeaS since it's more updated than nocash, and I can drag-drop NDS files to it.

ferofax said:
(???) HOLY CRAP THAT WAS FAST! RYDIAN YOU'RE A GOD.
rofl.gif
ohmy.gif
It took me over two hours and it's less than a hundred lines including commenting and spacing, that's actually pretty slow for a simple project.

ferofax said:
4. make it scream some ungodly japanese soundbytes, with jap smilies (like in vid)Originally planned, but too lazy.

QUOTE(Tom1307 @ May 18 2011, 01:47 AM) Hmm may I ask why you used strol to just put in plain numbers? I think you just could write CODE
touchXY.px > 0x7B etc etc.
, not sure though if this really was what you wanted
yaynds.gif
Yeah I had a couple of things planned, then I realized I was taking too long to make it as I was eating up my free time just dicking around with it, as it's really only my second project for the DS. So consider that a remnant of a dummied feature?
tongue.gif
For example I originally planned to have it shut the DS off (or at least as close as can be) with something like "Screw you, I'm going to sleep!" after you annoyed it a few times, but then realized that'd take too long for me to find how to do.

I don't think I'm going to continue development on this at all, which is why it's open-source.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras: I do live in the vortex of materialism of any place I've ever been