Hacking The most up to date method to overclock vita?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
really?? How?
I mean, the CPU is basically just a bog standard Cortex A9, which can be clocked up to 2ghz. The Vita's OS limits this to 444mhz, but if we had more control over the OS (we don't) it'd theoretically be possible to clock it up to that 2ghz point.

Even if we did have enough control to do this, it would likely be utterly useless for multiple reasons, battery life being one of them (I mean, the Vita already has like a 5 hour battery life, if we upped the clock speed it'd likely be more like 1-2) and then heat concerns, the Vita gets quite hot already just running at 333-444mhz/222mhz for the GPU, it'd probably overheat as is after a few minutes of running at that speed.

Reactions: Metoroid0

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(bump ................ since mlthaku was updated and nonpdrm, i just added "oclockvita1.2.1" to the config.txt file .................. haven't noticed a problem, i just use the default setting, whatever it is by default .......................

*!PSPEMUCFW
# Adrenaline
*ALL
ur0:tai/oclockvita1.2.1.suprx

added those lines to the ur0/tai/config.txt file ....................... originally, I just installed the plugin like that, restarted the vita, and then removed the plugin, and entry from the config.txt file, and it worked like I had the plugin installed, but now, I don't see any problems just leaving it installed (the "*!" in "*!PSPEMUCFW", stops oclockvita from loading when adrenaline is loaded, forget where I googled that, probably reddit)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol