Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Barnyard Blast..

looks like some cheap shovelware.. but it's actually a fun old school platformer with a lot of references to classic games like Castlevania.
I agree and great story too.

Same with Super Princess Peach, sure its pukey cute and nothing amazing but its a lot of fun and has some interesting gameplay.

harbu

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
THEME PARK DS

I don't know why the mainstream review sites have graded this game so low. It's actually pretty good at least in my opinion. I might be a bit biased though since I used to spend hours on this game on the PC.
ph34r.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a big difference between demographically challenged, and underrated.

I personally think Panzer Tactics is the best game in my collection. Followed by Steel Horizon, Advance Wars (both) and Age of Empires. Then again, I'm 46, and I simply don't get excited by the same things that rock a teen's boat.

I don't hate Final Fantasy 3, it's clearly a good game, I just don't feel like playing it.

But I am demographically challenged. I KNOW there are going to be more sales of a Final Fantasy title, than something like Panzer Tactics no matter if PT is good or not.

Now, if a demographic that ideally should LIKE a game, pans it, then the game is being potentially underrated.

And just saying a game sucks simply because the person doesn't like that style of game, essentially invalidates the reliability of their opinion.

Bigbacon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chibi Robot!! OMG, totally awesome!!! I was Soooo hooked and played it non stop. Wonderful game all around and you must playit.

mthegreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was under the impression that everyone enjoyed Super Princess Peach...at least i sure am; it's one of the first games i downloaded as soon as my CycloDS arrived
tongue.gif

rambling aside, i'm glad there's a thread like this seeing how some of the games mentioned i haven't seen before.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Dunno if it's already been mentioned but Dungeon Explorer: Warriror of the Anchient Arts is pretty sweet and all I have been playing on DS lately. Currently a Lv. 43 Emp War (Whatever that is).

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thug4L1f3 said:
Dunno if it's already been mentioned but Dungeon Explorer: Warriror of the Anchient Arts is pretty sweet and all I have been playing on DS lately. Currently a Lv. 43 Emp War (Whatever that is).

I enjoyed this game, also ... but I am a sucker for this game of game, anyway lol

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can a game be "under-rated" if its only been out for a month or 2? I'm going with No. Usually it takes a year or three, along with being discovered in a discount bin for a game to be truly under-rated. It has to fail at launch, for a true under-rated game to be born.

I mean, these are all my personal viewpoints, though
smile.gif

NYCvinster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 games I think should be on this list are TouchMasters & Dungeon Explorer.
I just love TouchMasters for a quick puzzle fix (trivia, wheel of fortune, a few card games, some sex)

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Dungeon Explorer: Warrior of the Ancient Arts seems to be an under rated game. Its a fun game though it has its quirks. May not be perfect but its fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5hC8ahLoc