The MIG Switch Thread

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They were just very similar python scripts like one they attached here, there is no need for a virus scan. The XCI I got was different from the initial data bin, and these scripts were meant to make them compatible somehow, but did not work.
You shouldn’t be running random python scripts either they can still be malicious

Still tho that doesn’t change what I said…

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

flextcg

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
As I've said, nothing malicious. If you don't believe me, see it for yourself.

I'm not trying to disprove your point here. People are curious whether these things could work, but not many people got their Mig Switches yet to test them out. So I'm here to test them.

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TheStonedModder any news about manage custom xci files of yet?
I’ve been wanting to try but keep getting weird errors when using hacbuild (or any of its guis) to actually build the final XCI

Hacbuild itself keeps giving a permission error for a file it is making itself, and the gui tools start to create the XCI from my nca folders but only output a 64kb file for some reason

I’m happy to try again, but need to figure out how to circumvent those errors first. Do you know how by chance ?

Porcozio

Trophies
XP
Country
Grenada
I’ve been wanting to try but keep getting weird errors when using hacbuild (or any of its guis) to actually build the final XCI

Hacbuild itself keeps giving a permission error for a file it is making itself, and the gui tools start to create the XCI from my nca folders but only output a 64kb file for some reason

I’m happy to try again, but need to figure out how to circumvent those errors first. Do you know how by chance ?
the first script makes the first 8 bytes of the initial data CORRECT. but then copies the remaining profits from the initial that we load. the second script doesn't work. Are you trying to create initial yourself? as? so I'll do the tests too

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the first script makes the first 8 bytes of the initial data CORRECT. but then copies the remaining profits from the initial that we load. the second script doesn't work. Are you trying to create initial yourself? as? so I'll do the tests too
That’s something completely different. That script low key looks generated by chatGPT as well I use my own personal files
not the place and also don’t waste your time those files are useless and barely any

Last edited by linuxares,

Gamerjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dumb question: if youre on windows, are you running the method (ie cmd python "script.py" param1 param2 param3) as admin?

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dumb question: if youre on windows, are you running the method (ie cmd python "script.py" param1 param2 param3) as admin?
Tried both powershell and cmd prompt as admin both result in the same error

I can delete the temp file manually (once I close out of hacbuild) but once I try and run it again the tool just makes and locks the same exact temp file still

Attachments

• 1711243099991.png
    1711243099991.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 10

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

No clue sadly. Tried using NSC_Builder? Maybe it will be more luck with it? Else I guess you need to look up other tools but not sure how many exists.

Reactions: TheStonedModder

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not tried that. But just from glancing at the GitHub I don’t think that has what is needed ?

Unless patch XCI is just a general term and gamebanana mods can be considered dlc/updates but I don’t believe so?

No clue sadly. Tried using NSC_Builder? Maybe it will be more luck with it? Else I guess you need to look up other tools but not sure how many exists.
Looks like I got my names slightly mixed up, but yes I did try that as well! That’s actually the tool that gives me the most success as it can actually try and build the XCI file back from the NCA folders. But it only spits out a 64kb XCI file

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have not tried that. But just from glancing at the GitHub I don’t think that has what is needed ?

Unless patch XCI is just a general term and gamebanana mods can be considered dlc/updates but I don’t believe so?

Looks like I got my names slightly mixed up, but yes I did try that as well! That’s actually the tool that gives me the most success as it can actually try and build the XCI file back from the NCA folders. But it only spits out a 64kb XCI file
If possible, can you try with the oldest game you have? Like BOTW if possible, so it aint a key or incompability with the software that is the issue.

RAD047

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Just received my mig switch cartridge today. My OLED switch isn't hard modded and I don't have a dumper.

Is this cartridge useable at all? Full disclosure: I intend to acquire games by sailing the high seas with an eye patch on and a parrot on my shoulder.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi all. Just received my mig switch cartridge today. My OLED switch isn't hard modded and I don't have a dumper.

Is this cartridge useable at all? Full disclosure: I intend to acquire games by sailing the high seas with an eye patch on and a parrot on my shoulder.
And you didn't do any research I guess?

Gamerjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is anyone else getting this error, i used nstool to extract the partition, then use hacbuild to try and "rebuild" the xci file again, but i keep getting this error:
Code:
C:\Users\jin\Desktop\hacbuild>hacbuild.exe xci_auto xcitest test.xci
HACbuild - 1.0.0.1
XCI Header Key loaded successfully:
<redacted>
XCI Header Key is correct!
Building C:\Users\jin\Desktop\hacbuild\xcitest\root_tmp\secure from folder C:\Users\jin\Desktop\hacbuild\xcitest\secure...

Unhandled Exception: System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for a UInt32.
   at System.Convert.ToUInt32(Double value)
   at hacbuild.HFS0Manager.BuildHFS0(String inDir, String outFile)
   at hacbuild.Program.Main(String[] args)

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I did read through this thread! And sadly it's left me confused.

If anyone can give me a simple answer that would be very appreciated. Cheers everyone
You need to dump your own games to get the files you need or locate the files elsewhere on your own that where dumped properly

RAD047

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need to dump your own games to get the files you need or locate the files elsewhere on your own that where dumped properly

As I understand it I can't dump physical games without the MS dumper or a modded switch so when you say "elsewhere" I think I know what that means.

I've seen dumps where the game has only "XCI" but others where it has "XCI", "NSP" and "NSZ". What do these actually mean? Can I make do with just "XCI"?

EDIT: bit of googling... so NSP is Eshop software and NSZ is some sort of converted file. So I'm guessing I only need the XCI files?

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I understand it I can't dump physical games without the MS dumper or a modded switch so when you say "elsewhere" I think I know what that means.

I've seen dumps where the game has only "XCI" but others where it has "XCI", "NSP" and "NSZ". What do these actually mean? Can I make do with just "XCI"?

EDIT: bit of googling... so NSP is Eshop software and NSZ is some sort of converted file. So I'm guessing I only need the XCI files?

You can only use XCI you might want to refer to their official FAQ. https://migswitch.com/#/faq

Reactions: RAD047

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff