smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
The mods banned it because it was too big. Say hello to resizing in MS Paint!
It's still too large. The maximum size is 500×150.

500x150.gif

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
90% of the good games I've played either have a unique artstyle(non realistic) or are low res the few games that aren't are usually turn based ones like XCom where graphics takes backseat but it's nice to have. Would I go back to pong style graphics, no but no one should need/have hyper realistic graphics for anything that doesn't have a good core game play loop. Game play always first, story and graphics can be swapped depending on the type of game.

There are games that purposedly look pixelated or with a more cartoonish art style, and there are games that just don't reach a good visual level; some of those deliver a very good experience in the other aspects. However, ultimately, they mostly lag behind the best gameplay experiences in the AAA context, and at best they reach the same level. My experience with AAAs and indies is that, if they have the best graphics, they're often the best in the other departments. By the way, I'm considering graphics as the overall visual quality and visual experience, it doesn't need to be realistic or 3D - but still dissociate from the art style. Death Stranding is an example where everything looks as realistic as possible, but the visual quality and the visual experience lag because there's barely anything to see. On the contrary, Hades is an example where everything looks cartoonish, but it's a very beautiful game whose graphics will remain fresh for a long time.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i love sigma meals, skibidi slicers!!