Hacking The massive CHEAT compilation thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the official cheat compilation thread. The link to the latest dat is in my sig.

This download SHOULD work for R4DS, M3 Simply/Real, G6DS Real, DS TopToy, Acekard RPG/2, Supercard, CycloDS and EDGE.

I didn't create ANY of the cheats, they were all gathered from various places around the net or given to me by members of GBAtemp. Credit for ALL the cheats in the dat belong to the hackers who created them. This is not MY dat, it is the GBAtemp community dat. I just maintain it.

The program used to edit the dat is R4CCE v0.8. You should all learn to use it. It is made by Yasu Software and brought to my attention by SkH. This dat wouldn't be possible in its current form if not for those two talented people.
bow.gif

Here is a great tutorial on how to use the program: Cheat editor tutorial by Twiffles.

You would also be wise to use Yasu's R4bugfix to make sure more of the cheats actually work. Find the link to Yasu's page for the latest r4bugfix file in my sig. NOW SUPPORTS FIRMWARE 1.17!!! It's easy enough to use. Just drop your _DS_MENU.DAT file on the r4bugfix.exe and it will patch it, then place the fixed _DS_MENU.DAT on your microSD. Alternately, you can copy the file to the same folder as the r4bugfix file and click the execute....same difference. For whatever reason, the R4 team has never fixed this problem in their official firmware releases.

Yasu does not allow people to host his files, so all of his programs MUST be gotten from his official pages.

Here is a list of sites where most of the codes are gotten: (in no particular order)
www.codejunkies.com
www.cmgsccc.com
www.gscentral.org/
www.kodewerx.net
www.thegshi.org
www.codemasters-project.net
nintendohack.c.la
arcentral.net
bsfree.org

More information is contained in the Credits & Help.txt in the download.

-----------NOTE------------

If you can't see my signature at the bottom of every one of my posts/replies and therefore can't download the cheat.dat, follow these instructions to enable seeing sigs in people's posts:

Click on "My Controls", then in the left sidebar select "Board Settings." Find the option called, "Do you wish to view members signatures when reading topics?" and set it to "Yes". Then click "Change My Account Options."

You should now see signatures in people's posts and should be able to spot the link to the dat in my posts/replies......amongst other things.

grog.gif

You will likely want to go to the end of this thread to see the latest additions to the dat.

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Maybe you should've posted it in the main NDS hardware and software forum since this forum implies on items OTHER THAN R4DS, M3 etc. since it's 'Other'. If you mean 'ALL' then it should be in the main =]

Thanks for the work, I'm really greatful.

Rayder

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jahed said:
Maybe you should've posted it in the main NDS hardware and software forum since this forum implies on items OTHER THAN R4DS, M3 etc. since it's 'Other'. If you mean 'ALL' then it should be in the main =]

Yeah, probably.....oh well, too late now.

You know....I'm not receiving emails when someone replies.
huh.gif

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Jahed said:

huh.gif
Let's just call on the mighty powers of the admin to place us on the right section
laugh.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Jahed said:

I'll get that taken care of.

huh.gif
Did you subscribe to this new thread?

Rayder

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Rayder said:
Jahed said:

I'll get that taken care of.

huh.gif
Did you subscribe to this new thread?

Yes I did subscribe......I set "email notification" when I created the thread from the checkbox at the bottom of the reply window. Then I went to "My Controls" and changed to from delayed to immediate notification.

I just check and I still haven't received any EM's for this topic.
huh.gif
In fact, it still says that I'm supposed to receive emails for this topic......

Obviously still a bug since the upgrade.

EDIT: Since you moved the thread, I unsubscribed and resubscribed to the topic......let's see if it works this time.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
Has anyone actually confirmed that Rayder's cheats work with the Edge?
At this point in time they do not, so that should be removed from the post.

Rayder

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Removed the Edge card listing from the post and my sig. I was going by what someone told me when I added it. Sorry for any aggravation it caused anyone.

Also, I still didn't receive an email for any replies.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
You should add the acekard rpg and acekard 2 to your list of supported flashcarts as both support .dat and .xml cheat databases

mkaiji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I usual lurk here, but decided to post. Do I need to run the bug fix on the latest r4 firmware release (1.16)?

Rayder

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mkaiji said:
Hi, I usual lurk here, but decided to post. Do I need to run the bug fix on the latest r4 firmware release (1.16)?

Yes. I did. No problems. No idea why the R4 team can't just fix this problem themselves.

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome stuff! A brnd new thread! Make sure to tell are your GBAtemp friends about the new one!

Thanks Rayder for your hard work!
yaynds.gif

Kudos030

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if i'm looking in the right place, but after the forum format changed, I can't find Raydar's sig anymore. It used to be at the bottom of his profile page, now its not there. Does anyone know why I can't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-