Hacking The M3 Sakura FAQ

littlechrist_jac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to this whole thing and need some help with the sakura firmware. It won't load when I start it no matter how long I let it. I go to this link http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=4374 and pic download selected version. I download it with bit comet a torrent loader then unzip the downloaded file. I move the unzipped files into a folder on my desktop named "SYSTEM". It ask me if I want to replace a few files that already exist. I've tried both yes and no. I put the system folder on my micro sd card and put it into my m3. I cut the game on and it gives me the choice of loading the Sakura or the touchpod. The touchpod loads fine but if i select sakura it goes to a loading screen and will not go any farther. Really need some help please.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
littlechrist_jac said:
I'm new to this whole thing and need some help with the sakura firmware. It won't load when I start it no matter how long I let it. I go to this link http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=4374 and pic download selected version. I download it with bit comet a torrent loader then unzip the downloaded file. I move the unzipped files into a folder on my desktop named "SYSTEM". It ask me if I want to replace a few files that already exist. I've tried both yes and no. I put the system folder on my micro sd card and put it into my m3. I cut the game on and it gives me the choice of loading the Sakura or the touchpod. The touchpod loads fine but if i select sakura it goes to a loading screen and will not go any farther. Really need some help please.
format your sd card with this

littlechrist_jac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porobu said:
littlechrist_jac said:
format your sd card with this
Still didn't work. Same problem I'm afraid.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Densetsu3000 said:
The New M3 Quad-Boot (by The Pink Cat Boy) - This is another option for people who want to add versatility to their M3 DS Real / M3i Zero flashcarts.
When you get chance, could you update that to my latest name, since the link doesn't work anymore for my old account.

Puzzle84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated the firmware on my M3i Zero and updated the System folder after formatting my Micro-SD first.
And now my pokemon platinum cheats don't work anymore.

Does anyone have a clue why this could be happening?
Selected same cheats.

benee16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of my cheats work either. I've had to switch to ysmenu while I wait for the fix since I was playing bowsers inside story and wanted bowser to moonwalk over an annoying part of the game, lol!!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To anyone concerned about the cheat function being broken, it has been tested and confirmed on the Quad-Boot thread by two members zaedgebz and Keram. Sadly in the latest Sakura update, they broke the Cheat function. As well it has been tested and yes the latest Touchpod has broken the previous Touchpod's compatibly function. Meaning any came that worked on the last Touchpod does not work on latest Touchpod.

If you want to use the cheat function with your M3 Real/i Zero (not gmp z003) go with an alternate firmware such as Retro's Ysmenu, gaboros R4 Wood for M3 Or my Quad-Boot which has both as well as Sakura and R4i RTS.
But I advice no longer using Touchpod since every update it gets worse.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I've updated the download link with the firmware that was released yesterday/today. The cheat function should be working now, but I can't verify it for myself because I don't have access to my DS at the moment. If anyone can confirm that the cheats work, please post here. Thanks!

reddragon105

Trophies
XP
Country
I recently updated to Sakura 1.49X 2nd Edition and started having problems getting certain DS games to load. Offhand I can name Professor Layton and the Unwound Future and Chrono Trigger - I get the 'Now loading...' screen followed by just two black screens. Also no GBA will work - it either freezes on the 'Now loading...' screen, or on the 'Game Boy' screen. So I've just updated to the latest Sakura (1.49X 3rd Edition) and this has not fixed either problem. I tried backing up my SD card, formatting it, then copying my ROM and SAV files back, along with the 1.49X 3rd edition SYSTEM folder for a fresh install. No difference. From what I've read about it, I'm not the only person having problems.

What is going on? You'd think newer firmware would fix problems, not create them. The only advantage of 1.49X 2nd and 3rd edition is that Golden Sun - Dark Dawn works, but I'm going to have to go back to 1.49X (1st edition) to finish Golden Sun 2. I hope this will be fixed soon.

Van_Tastic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hi,

I just wanted to ask you guys what is the proper way to format my microSD ? It is a 8 GB Kingston. By formatting it with FAT32 and 64k for the allocation unit size I always get random freezes during the loading of the games and/or when I'm playing. This is weird because I never had any sort of problem with my old Kingston 1GB. Any solution ???

And thanks in advance
wink.gif

P.S: The games are the 3 Castlevania DS and Aria of Sorrow on GBA + Chrono Trigger and I'm using the latest version of Sakura on my M3 DS Real.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o