Hacking The M3 Sakura FAQ

Scourge1024

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I went back to Densetsu's tweaked 1.44x 2nd and clean Z:ST works in TouchPod but still fails with Sakura.
I forgot to try Z:ST with Sakura when I tested 1.44x 3rd but looks like from above it works.

I'll switch over once RTS is fixed for the "3rd" version because I'm trying to get a perfect win in another game and need it for now. And I'll just use TouchPod to run Z:ST for now.

Also, I thought I'd add this. I didn't use the Z:ST .SAV file everyone has. I made my own using a clean 512kb .sav file (FF for every byte) which was then made into a 1MB file using the 4Mbit to 8Mbit converter (which still turned out as all FF for each byte). Ran it in TouchPod and it properly created a new save file (which seems to work in Sakura from this point on). I just didn't like the 980kb file size cuz I'm anal that way. I wanted a perfect 1024kb sized file.

Scourge1024

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just noticed Densetsu updated the file on the 1st page. Going to test it out. Hopefully RTS works for everything again and so does Z:ST under Sakura.

Edit: Just tested... Zelda:ST works under Sakura. RTS still broken in Sakura.
frown.gif

Doublelayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
Doublelayer said:
what is the "Sakura Real Time View Guide"? how does it works?
thx for explanation (I didn't found it on the faq).
It lets you view a walkthrough for a game while you're playing it without having to exit the game. Here's how it works.
wow, thx for the information, it is like the super card dsonei! does sakura also support multy saves to create differents .sav for a single dump?
thx again for informations!
smile.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Doublelayer said:
wow, thx for the information, it is like the super card dsonei! does sakura also support multy saves to create differents .sav for a single dump?
thx again for informations!
smile.gif
You can't do it with Sakura, but you can do it with TouchPod by highlighting a ROM and pressing Select.

QUOTE(illithid @ Dec 14 2009, 07:08 PM) I just noticed that the M3 team has just pulled the 1.44 3rd firmware from their website
I wonder why--maybe it has anything to do with the RTS bug, or maybe something more serious?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

KamuiX

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Densetsu3000 said:
DeltaBurnt said:
Maybe they're about to release Sakura 2.0
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif

Well, they did release the first major revision of M3 Sakura (v1.34) on December 25th last year, so I suppose anything's possible. But I'm not going to get excited about anything.

Maybe they must do something big about quality of Sakura (Finally get rid off touchpod and fix sakura's homebrew compatibility)...as competition now increases with the news about Supercard's new OS

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KamuiX said:
Densetsu3000 said:
DeltaBurnt said:
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif

Well, they did release the first major revision of M3 Sakura (v1.34) on December 25th last year, so I suppose anything's possible. But I'm not going to get excited about anything.

Maybe they must do something big about quality of Sakura (Finally get rid off touchpod and fix sakura's homebrew compatibility)...as competition now increases with the news about Supercard's new OS

They can't get rid of touchpod because the G6 still uses it and they don't want to screw over those users.

KamuiX

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
DeltaBurnt said:
KamuiX said:
Densetsu3000 said:
DeltaBurnt said:
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif

They can't get rid of touchpod because the G6 still uses it and they don't want to screw over those users.

oO Thanks Delta it's the 1st time i hear that. So M3 fix Touchpod's scroll bar!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Pedro250

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,
I update my M3i Zero with the new Firmware (M3 Sakura v1.44X 3rd Edition + Touchpod 4.7X) but i'm having a problwm now: My Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul SIlver Roms don't work, i already deleted the cht and the opt files on the game folder, i only leave the nds and the sav file and it worked on Touchpod, but on Sakura it freeze on the screen that sais "Now Loading...".
I have the xenhopobia dump with Kazo Version 6 + Rudolph's anti-piracy Patch.
Thanks in advance.

KamuiX

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just wait even M3 took back their new firm release for fixes. Maybe someone got hasty and released it before even test it in various situations.

Game333

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.kee-soon.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
Pedro250 said:
Hi everyone,
I update my M3i Zero with the new Firmware (M3 Sakura v1.44X 3rd Edition + Touchpod 4.7X) but i'm having a problwm now: My Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul SIlver Roms don't work, i already deleted the cht and the opt files on the game folder, i only leave the nds and the sav file and it worked on Touchpod, but on Sakura it freeze on the screen that sais "Now Loading...".
Thanks in advance.
Same goes to me, but no prob for the older games.
"Now Loading...
Game Patch 4.7.x"
A little help.
biggrin.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Game333 said:
Pedro250 said:
Hi everyone,
Thanks in advance.
Same goes to me, but no prob for the older games.
"Now Loading...
Game Patch 4.7.x"
A little help.
biggrin.gif
You should probably downgrade to 2nd Edition. There's a reason why the 3rd Edition was taken down from their website.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: