Gaming The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Farami9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
come on, Zelda is a huge property they cant stuff it up. The stylus control should be good if not great...

They show have the option of control though...

Deleted member 49417

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Probably they should add a function of either stylus or d-pad, it'll be a compromise
smile.gif

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I played the E3 demo at the Games Convention and the full stylus control was quite awesome and worked really well. The only problem was that you had to move the stylus around a lot for moving which would get tiring fast. Movement via d-pad/buttom-d-pad would probably be a good idea but also a little sad...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the E3 demo at the Games Convention and the full stylus control was quite awesome and worked really well. The only problem was that you had to move the stylus around a lot for moving which would get tiring fast. Movement via d-pad/buttom-d-pad would probably be a good idea but also a little sad...
A lot of previews have basically said the same thing.

I've loved every Zelda game that Nintendo have made (forget about the Phillips ones, though 1 of those wasn't THAT bad) so I'm confident that Nintendo know what they are doing with the control part. My only gripes were with the graphics, now I've got nothing against the Wind Waker style, in fact I'd like all Zelda hand-held titles to have them, while the console versions have a more "realistic" look but the fake 3D looks a bit off to me, would've prefer if it looked more like 4 Swords GC.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The graphics in the demo definitely needed some polishing but all in all they were pretty awesome, you get used to it fast. With the free dynamic touch gameplay it makes sense to have more free and dynamic 3D graphics as well. I'd love to see another new pixel perfect 2D button Zelda, too, but this won't be it anyway so it shouldn't even try but simply do it's own thing.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The graphics in the demo definitely needed some polishing but all in all they were pretty awesome, you get used to it fast. With the free dynamic touch gameplay it makes sense to have more free and dynamic 3D graphics as well. I'd love to see another new pixel perfect 2D button Zelda, too, but this won't be it anyway so it shouldn't even try but simply do it's own thing.
I guess its one of those that would look better on the DS so I'll wait and see.

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Since you tried out the game, what was the d-pad used for when you played it?

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Since you tried out the game, what was the d-pad used for when you played it?
Nothing I think. Everything was done with the stylus as far as I remember.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
lets hope they make the controls well. i would like it to have traditional controls such as Ocarina of time. minish cap had it done alright but the two extra x and y buttons for the ds should make it much better in terms of hopefully equiping more than 2 items at once.

then again, using the stylus in some situations such as using bow and arrow could be quite good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc