Homebrew RELEASE The Legend of Zelda - Mystery of Solarus DX (solarus engine)

tfs

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
Hi,

I would like to build a customized Solarus for my own switch, however it seems that the Makefile you added on your GH repo isn't part of the CMake build itself,

What are the required steps in order to build Solarus and generate an NRO file for homebrew?

---
A short update about this one.

As it's been only 1 day or so and the developer didn't respond, I started tinkering it on my own,

The main developer added 2 repositories which aren't in the devkitpro packages, (lua51-switch and physfs-switch), and they're both built flawlessly,
however it seems like there's a missing linking flag in the Makefile, (-lEGL), which stops the build, I still haven't finished building it because there a few other errors, but so far I have decent progress.

Once I'll manage to create an NRO I'll share my insights and build instructions with devkitpro.

A few objectives:
* Integrate the switch build into Solarus master branch.
* Make the build concurrent, (as now it's pretty slow).
* Fix travis build for the Switch.

Last edited by tfs,

carstene1ns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
f4ke.de
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I have better things to do on the last day of the year than browsing forums. ;)

As we already talked about it over IRC, I think most things should be clear now.

In the meanwhile I have updated the repository and linked build with a hardware accelerated one. It might fix some issues as is built with latest libnx and such.

tfs

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
Huh, I didn't know you updated the build : )

I'll take look, I want to make it run on my Switch.

Thank you!

Anastasios

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have Mystery of Solarus v1.11.0 and it works flawlessly in handheld mode, but the moment it's docked, it crashes. If I start the game in docked mode, it crashes on launch. I see reports of crashing in here, I wonder how many will see a correlation between docking and crashing like I do. It's there a newer version than 1.11.0?

oclero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
We released a 1.12.0 version at the same time of the 1.6.0 release of Solarus. We're working on bugfixes for a 1.6.1 and 1.12.1.

You may want to try with these newer versions (both the engine and the game).

JPZ5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still need to update the port for the 1.6.0 release. Too busy with other stuff these days, but it will happen soon.

What about the save file? I am trying to shift my games to a new SD Card, I copied what I assumed were the files for this game, but after launching, there was no information.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work in 9.x.x? If not, can someone recompile with latest libnx? I would but I can't seem to figure out where the switch build files are.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I tried compiling this with latest libnx. Wasn't fun since the lua files weren't linked in any way, shape, or form. I found some that worked https://github.com/carstene1ns/lua51-switch there. Others I found wouldn't work.

So far this will not compile. It gets to SaveDataTransfer and gives me a few errors about memcopy and memchr not existing in std. This'll be fun to figure out. :(

Shawnm355

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ive been waiting for so long for a 9.x upedate since i acidentally updated my concle, hope the op or someone can do it soon.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, Happy new year to all, for carstene1ns, thanks a lot for all your effort, I have enjoyed a lot this port. Please do not forget compile using the most updated tools, the last version of game on this page do not works on Atmosphère unless you put "enable_deprecated_hid_mitm = u8!0x1" on the "system_settings.ini" file of config folder. This is a temporally measure and will be removed on next Atmosphère releases.

Again thanks a lot for all your work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated