OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
TheLastStoryBundle.jpg

It has been revealed that The Last Story, an RPG title for the Wii from Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi, will be released as a stand-alone title, as well as a special bundle with the Classic Controller, and as a bundle with the Wii console itself.

Amazon.co.jp gave early notice today of a bonus item for The Last Story. But it turns out that this was just the start of Nintendo's plans for the upcoming RPG from Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi.

The game's official site was updated today with final release details for the game. The game will be released on its own for ¥6,800 and as part of a newly announced "Special Pack" bundle that includes a white Wii, a white Classic Controller Pro. This bundle will run ¥25,800.

The specifications for the game are listed as:

Genre: RPG
Player Count: 1 (during online play, 2 - 6)
Save Data Count: 16
Compatible Controllers: Wiimote + Nunchuck, Classic Controller Pro
As detailed in the Amazon leak earlier, Nintendo is including a bonus item with the game. All early buyers will get "Elements of Last Story," a pairing of a mini soundtrack CD and visual book. The item is shown to the right in the above image.

Joining the product information, Nintendo gave the official site a big refresh today. The site has a new interface, new music, new screenshots and new character introductions.

Many of the new screens at the site were shared in Jump and Famitsu over the past few weeks, so those without access to the magazines should take a look.

The site is also host to the game's latest Iwata Asks column, which reveals the game's mystery composer [for the in-game soundtrack] to be Nobuo Uematsu.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

TheLastStoryScreen.jpg

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet those are just screens of the FMV sequences lol.
Though theres little BG so could be possible sorta.
I highly doubt it but I'll be more than happy to be surprised and I'm hoping for it.

Gonna have to try this one out when its released just to see it with my own eyes.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
shadow1w2 said:
I bet those are just screens of the FMV sequences lol.
Though theres little BG so could be possible sorta.
I highly doubt it but I'll be more than happy to be surprised and I'm hoping for it.

Gonna have to try this one out when its released just to see it with my own eyes.
I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed it isn't FMV.
It's just that this game looks extremely good!

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Raiser said:
431unknown said:
The screen shots on the games web site look amazing. Hopefully it gets localized.
This.
It's a Square Enix title yeah? Most of their titles get localized, so here's hope.
No, it's made by Mistwalker, a company formed by Hironobu Sakaguchi, the creator of Final Fantasy, when he left Square some years ago.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raiser said:
431unknown said:
The screen shots on the games web site look amazing. Hopefully it gets localized.
This.
It's a Square Enix title yeah? Most of their titles get localized, so here's hope.
Nope, it's by Mistwalker, which was created by former FF creators. I believe there is just one Mistwalker games that never came over.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Goli said:
No, it's made by Mistwalker, a company formed by Hironobu Sakaguchi, the creator of Final Fantasy, when he left Square some years ago.
ojsinnerz. said:
Nope, it's by Mistwalker, which was created by former FF creators. I believe there is just one Mistwalker games that never came over.

Did you really have to write pretty much the same thing I replied to Raiser, AND on the following post...?
rofl.gif

QUOTE(XXLANCEXX @ Nov 19 2010, 04:07 PM)
I though america was getting it but oh well T-T
sad but it looks awsome
We may get it it or we may not.
The name HAS been trademarked in America and Europe and Mistwalker said we should expect localization news by the end of the year.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, thanks for the correction you two.

Either way, this RPG looks like it'll be popular enough for a localization.
Could be wrong though; here's to wishin'.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Raiser said:
Ah, thanks for the correction you two.

Either way, this RPG looks like it'll be popular enough for a localization.
Could be wrong though; here's to wishin'.
Well considering that the game's getting its own Wii bundle, it'll most definitely be popular in Japan, and probably enough to garner an international release. We'll be hearing about localisation news for North America and PAL areas before the end of the year if Nintendo keeps true to their word.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Goli said:
Goli said:
QUOTE(ojsinnerz. @ Nov 19 2010, 03:56 PM) Nope, it's by Mistwalker, which was created by former FF creators. I believe there is just one Mistwalker games that never came over.

Did you really have to write pretty much the same thing I replied to Raiser, AND on the following post...?
rofl.gif
But of course! It should get the message across twice as fast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)