Gaming The Last Story Freezing at Loading Screen

CyrusDragonas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe my butchering of the English language caused some information to be inappropriately communicated last time.

I split it in 3 gb parts, leaving 2,around 2.5 gb wbfs parts. That did not work. The single WBFS file did not either.

I was unaware they didn't need to be wbfs on NTFS; I assumed because since they used to have to be they still needed. As such, I tried using the 7.9 gb ISO I have in the place of the wbfs...'s? Sorry don't grasp the plural of that. That just runs from WiiFlow to the Wii Channel screen, doesn't even boot the game. Is there a naming convention necessary when using ISO's or did I place it correctly?

@Jooster - I understand. I don't have any hard feelings, after all, this isn't what the hardware/software was designed for, how could I be upset that it didn't work 100% first try? I'm sure there's a way though. There always seems to be, just not usually apparent. I greatly appreciate what help you've offered.

Any other thoughts from you all? Should I split it some other way? I haven't checked the SHA1, but will. I'm smalley familiar with WIT, so wish me luck, I'll post back with results. Should I try using WITs repair function?

-CyrusDragonas

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
maybe the game somehow got corrupted
use wit's VERIFY or wbm's SHA1 check to test for this
When I had this problem with Metroid Prime Trilogy, I tried verifying the wbfs file(s) with both WIT and WBM. Both tools said they were valid images.

I still say this is an issue with the HDD. I was only able to get around it by playing from the disc or using another HDD.

The odd thing is that it's been reported far more often over the past few months.

CyrusDragonas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's strange. I have no issue playing any other title on this hard drive. I use WiiBackupManager transfer all the images. DjHeroes, all sorts of others. Also reads PSX ISOs straight from the HD as well. It's a 1 TB Western Digital.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I was unaware they didn't need to be wbfs on NTFS; I assumed because since they used to have to be they still needed. As such, I tried using the 7.9 gb ISO I have in the place of the wbfs...'s? Sorry don't grasp the plural of that. That just runs from WiiFlow to the Wii Channel screen, doesn't even boot the game. Is there a naming convention necessary when using ISO's or did I place it correctly?
Hmm, I don't remember that for sure off hand. I'd try SLSEJX.ISO or SLSP01.ISO or SLSJ01.ISO depending on what region you're playing.

CyrusDragonas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Renamed to SLSEXHJ (What WiiBackupManager named the folder on creation), still back to Channel screen. Also checked with WIT VERIFY, all's well. Hmph. At a bit of a loss. I might see if I break it in other ways it'd work. Also, as this is near the 3rd image I've tried for this game, I can't imagine what else to do. I don't know if I'm up for doing this with every image.

If anyone is browsing this forum post, brought here by a search, if you'd chime in it'd help, maybe with the specs of the ISO/WBFS, HDD, or other things, we can pin down what the issue could be with more data. I can't imagine the hard drive would be the cause but I'd believe anything at this point.

- CyrusDragonas

(PS: Thank you for all you're suggestions. I'll post back if I make headway or if someone else comes up with something elllse to try, I'd be willing. Also thank you, as the discourse on these forums has greatly helped me with my understanding of English.)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You didn't mention which base you are using for your cIOS.
I played the game fully without problem on d2x v7 and v8, with a base IOS 56.
The game also work with rev17 (base38), but I didn't play it fully on that cIOS so I can't confirm it's not locking.
I played it on a WBFS partition (shouldn't change a thing as you tried it in a single iso file too).

The syscheck would help if you don't know which cIOS or base you have.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
You didn't mention which base you are using for your cIOS.
I played the game fully without problem on d2x v7 and v8, with a base IOS 56.
The game also work with rev17 (base38), but I didn't play it fully on that cIOS so I can't confirm it's not locking.
I played it on a WBFS partition (shouldn't change a thing as you tried it in a single iso file too).

The syscheck would help if you don't know which cIOS or base you have.
When I went through this issue on other games like MPT and Xenoblade Chronicles, I tried tons of bases and cIOS versions. Nothing helped. The only solution was to use another HDD or the original disc. Everything points to a hardware issue as far as I can tell.

CyrusDragonas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting to it, I promise. I'm working from a tablet as my pc is damaged. Will post with syscheck soon. Also as another note, GameCube emulation works from this hd as well. Food for thought.

-Cyrus

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Another thought :
Have you tried defragmenting the hard drive?

The loader can send the cIOS files to play even split in two because all it does is pass it a list of fragments. It just treats the two files as two fragments of a big file.

I just had an experience where I couldn't play Xenoblade when I re-added it to my hard drive after adding and removing a series of other games. The fragmentation report said that that file had something like 2,400 fragments. I defragmented it and it worked fine.
(My problem, though, was that it wouldn't even load the game in the first place. Still might help you out.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1