What did you think of the book?

• Total voters

darkangel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What do you think of it?
Since I got my Kindle just recently, it was, that I finished reading the first Volume just 2 hours ago.
It's definately not my favourite book ever but neither is it just "ok". So I'd say, that it's a great book and therefore somewhere between "It's my fav" and "it was ok". :)

/e: Looks like I forgot something.. Silly me... :/
I'm now already in the fifth chapter of Catching Fire and I'm looking forward to be reading more, since it's really thrilling :3

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Read the book in half a day. It was good and I enjoyed it. I know movie is gonig to suck just like the Twilight saga.

@[member='The Catboy']: I would recommend reading the book before seeing the movie.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Read the book in half a day. It was good and I enjoyed it. I know movie is gonig to suck just like the Twilight saga.

@[member='The Catboy']: I would recommend reading the book before seeing the movie.
I don't read very quickly...

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country

I don't read very quickly...

It's K bro. You have a whole two weeks. :)

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The books are usually better than the movies. I don't expect this franchise to be much different, but I will go to see it anyway.

One thing I found weird was who they cast to play Cinna, why Lenny Kravitz? xD

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The first book was the best of the trilogy, IMHO [Mockingjay being the worst, again, IMHO].

Personally, if they stay as faithful to the source material as possible, then the movie adaptation should be more than satisfying. The thing about it is that half the cast in this movie will be gone by the sequel, and in 'YA' book-to-movie adaptations, that's never been done before IIRC [well, the Narnia movies, maybe, if you count that as YA, which I don't].

PS
Hopefully, this doesn't degenerate into the "Team Gale/Peeta" BS. Which looks likely. Damn fangirls...

Reactions: 1 person

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the first book a couple years ago, and it was just kinda OK. For some reason my little brother's super pumped about the movie, and bought his ticket a couple weeks ago. Read the book again last night, still found it mediocre, and if I bother to see the film it won't be until it hits the rental sites. Casting looks decent enough, anyways, with only a couple questionable choices.

Still leagues ahead of Twilight.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was expecting "more" to be honest.
They focused too much on the main character and pretty much cleared the ending since the beginning.
Really.. it was a good movie, very good concept but they should have spread it out a little more. I havent read the book but I figured out the ending before I was done watching halfway.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I finished the book, it's tempting to watch the camrip that's around the web now but I want to wait aha
They focused too much on the main character and pretty much cleared the ending since the beginning.
The book is Katniss' words, it's supposed to be focused on her.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: hello