The guides didn't mention partitions so...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MrBubbles, Apr 21, 2009.

1. MrBubbles
    OP

MrBubbles GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2007
    United States
    USA
    I been having a hassle for awhile now, I used to dump Wii games directly to the HD.

Now that I found great GUI WBFS for Windows I love them with a big issue.

Maybe I'm just being dumb but I always partition the whole HD. I have an external HD that's 40GBs, maybe 1 or 2 years old. It does the job, been working.

Anyway, whenever I use a GUI/USB Loader to format the HD to WBFS, my PC can no longer identify it without having to go through a bunch of hoops (reformat back).

I looked at the big guides for newbies and I didn't find anything about this, this is going to make my life so much simpler.

Do I split the HD in two with a partition? The reformat the split one to WBFS for just Wii games?

tldr; Whenever I format my HD to WBFS the PC and unplug it then plug it back on, the PC can't read it anymore and neither can GUI WBFS programs. Help?

EDIT: Obviously by read I mean Windows won't assign it a drive letter anymore, thus rendering it useless.

EDIT 2: Derp, should had used the search feature. Guess a split format is what I should do, disregard this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice