Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
the neogeo_vm.ini file still has \ROMS\fba\neogeo_vm as the romdir, so i changed it to \ROMS\fba\neogeo. Is there any reason why it shouldn't match the other two plugins?

Also what is the reasoning for putting turboduo ROMs as a subset of PC Engine CD ROMs, when they have different cover shapes? I know these plugins find ROMs in subdirectories, so it seems like you'd get some funky looking turboduo box covers if you did this.

I'm about to test my own rebuild of this plugin set using the V7 plugins pack + my own changes. I'm trying to get this whole process to a point where i can recreate a functioning hyperspin flow on any Wii console, since i'm modding multiple consoles, for reasons.

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
FIRST, an observation: If Wiituka needs to be booted standalone first, then the plugins pack did not have a bootable file in the apps\wiituka directory, because Wiituka doesn't show up on my HBC. I think this is why RunningSnakes added the boot.dol to that directory, and i will try that momentarily.

Alright, i configured the new V7 pack with my own modifications (will document in a bit) and have the following notes after testing: (critical issues that are Not Just Me are highlighted in bold)

-Only WiiMednafen currently seems able to boot Turboduo/PC Engine CD games. I know i gave it the bios,so that makes sense. Do i need to add bios elsewhere for pce_fast lr and pcefast RA-Hexaeco to work? Because they just exit back to WiiFlow. I dont think i had to add bios for these in a previous iteration of this setup.
ADDENDUM: After copying the BIOS files located in \wiiflow\plugins\RA-HEXAECO\system over to \retroarch\system, the pcefast_lr plugin can now play turboduo/PC Engine CD games. Still no luck with RA-HEXAECO, which is weird.

-Odyssey2 plugin still doesn't accept player1 input. Is this a known issue?

-Where do FDS BIOS need to go to work with any plugin other than wiimednafen?

-Exiting the Creativision emulator kicks me to a hanging black screen and i have to force reset my wii. Is this a known issue?

-Amstrad GX4000 emulator just shows me some sort of terminal now when i try to load a ROM, instead of going straight to the game... am i missing a step here? Even when i go to Retroarch's menu and pick load content and pick a ROM, it's not working. I know i had this working on a previous version of this setup (I'm using multiple SD cards btw). It doesn't even accept keyboard inputs here. Just some weird virtual keyboard i don't uinderstand how to control with a gamecube controller.
-Amstrad II also brings me toa command terminal that just says "ready", only this one actually accepts keyboard inputs. Even after loading the standalone app version of Wiituka though, it still won't autoload a game. The standalone emulator DID WORK though! It says the games that you put in \apps\wiituka\DISKS. Also, attempting to exit the Wiituka plugin freezes the console.
-Did you know your plugins pack includes a buncha ROMs in \wiituka\apps\DISKS already?

-For Sega CD: NONE of the plugins are working now. I dont think i had this issue with a previous version of this setup. Missing BIOS maybe? There's a bunch of BIOS filesin wiiflow\plugins\RA-HEXAECO\system already, but none in \retroarch\system so i'm not sure what's happening here. Why would you include the BIOS in RA-HEXAECO, but not also in retroarch?
ADDENDUM: After copying the all the BIOS located in \wiiflow\plugins\RA-HEXAECO\system over to \retroarch\system, retroarch can now play Sega CD games. RA-HEXAECO still remains unable to play them however.

-The default GameGear plugin (RA-HEXAECO) kicks me back to the Wii System Menu. Retroarch seems to work fine, at a glance.
-Default Sega Master System plugin RA-HEXAECO crashes to the wii system menu when i try to play a game. I dont think i had this problem before, either.
-Default SG-1000 plugin RA-HEXAECO crashes to Wii System Menu. This is also a new issue.

ADDENDUM: I copied over genplus_gx_fastboot.dol from the previous iteration, from \wiiflow\plugins\RA-HEXAECO\, and now these three plugins work again. This makes me think this needs to be re-added to the plugins pack?

-Sega 32X database doesn't seem to be working now. Sourceflow isn't grabbing titles or snapshots.
Addendum: apparently the database... just... doesn't have 32X stuff? What?

-Default SNES and Satellaview plugins SNES9X RX just crashes when it tries to load a game. I have switched to GX as it seems superior.
-Commodore Amiga: UAE Still just shows me a looping image of a floppy going into a disk drive. Again, not sure what this indicates. My ROMS are in .zip format currently.
-BlueMSX Wii still not playing my MSX games. Is this a ROMset problem maybe?

More major errors I know need fixing, and aren't just My Configuration Problems:
-For PC Engine plugin, PCEngine_pcefast_RA-HEXAECO.ini as is accepts only .cue filetypes, instead of .pce|.zip.

Does anyone have a list of what BIOS files need to go where for all the plugins? If not, i am in the process of building such a list.
Here is what i have so far:
PS1: SCPH1001.bin in \wiisxr\bios and \wiisxrx\bios
Atari 5200: 5200.rom in \wiixl
NeoGeo: neogeo.zip in \ROMS\fba\neogeo
WiiMednafen FDS, GBA, Lynx, PCFX, and PC-Engine CD: disksys.rom (FDS), gba_bios.bin, lynxboot.img, pcfx.rom, and syscard3.pce in \wiimednafen
Odyssey2: o2rom.bin in \ROMS\romsodd
Intellivision: ecs.bin, exec.bin, and grom.bin in \jzintvWii\roms
Amiga: kick.rom in \uae\roms
PC-8801: Extract contents of pc8801.zip to \quasi88\rom

As for what changes i have made to V7 of the plugins pack, here is everything sofar:
1) In \wiiflow\plugins\PC Engine CD, alter Turboduo_pcefast_libretro.ini, Turboduo_pcefast_RA-HEXAECO.ini, and Turboduo_wiimednafen.ini in the following ways:
Change coverfolder to pcengine\turboduo
Change romdir to \roms\pcengine\turboduo
** This keeps your Turboduo coverflow from infesting your PC Engine CD coverflow, if you wish to use separate boxarts for them (which you might, because some games only have Turboduo/Turbografx CD boxart, and others only have the PC Engine CD jewel case boxart)
2) In \wiiflow\plugins\PS1\WiiSX_RX\WIISX_RX.ini and \wiiflow\plugins\PS1\WiiSX_R\WIISX_R.ini, make the following change:
Under filetypes, change .bin to .cue
3) In wiiflow\plugins_data\platform.ini, change Line 169 from ``43425248=DOS`` to ``43425248=ARCADE``. This makes the updated V7 file the preferred platform.ini over rhapsodii shima's default.
4) In \wiiflow\plugins\Arcade\FBA_VM\neogeo_vm.ini, change the romdir field to \ROMS\fba\neogeo
5) In \wiiflow\plugins\PC Engine\PCEngine_pcefast_RA-HEXAECO.ini, Change the filetypes field to .pce|.zip

Last edited by chrondelta,

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the neogeo_vm.ini file still has \ROMS\fba\neogeo_vm as the romdir, so i changed it to \ROMS\fba\neogeo. Is there any reason why it shouldn't match the other two plugins?
Maybe outdated information: there are two different types of neogeo emulators in the plugins pack. One supports games only up to a certain filesize (due to limited Wii memory), the other is Wiimpathy's vm version that utilizes caching to make larger games playable. When I last waded in, the vanilla RA version of vm was working, but the HEXAECO version was not.

For vm, you generate separate cache files for each game, and the (modified?) roms are not playable in the regular neogeo emulator. So you want to keep the two sets of games separate.

Or maybe you don't, please let me know if you test a combined neogeo directory with no issues - I expect you'll get double listings of neogeo games in Wiiflow, or have to use just vm for everything.

-Default SNES and Satellaview plugins SNES9X RX just crashes when it tries to load a game. I have switched to GX as it seems superior.
I recommend RA-HEXAECO SNES9X Next. Hasn't choked on anything I've thrown at it so far (including satellaview, although good luck getting Ancient Stone Tablets saving seamlessly). I didn't have your issue, but I got annoying repeated menu freezes on the "native" SNES emulators, and one time RX or GX actually overwrote and corrupted my hard drive. Keep backups!

Reactions: RunningSnakes

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
Yikes! TBH the one ROM i'm really testing is Near's translation of Bahamut Lagoon, and GX runs it like a champ, as far as i can tell.

Okay so here's some science i did:

TRYING: Copy genesis_plus_gx.dol (10/18/2021) and beetle_pce_fast.dol (11/10/2021) from *My Old SD Card* (SOURCE??) over the same files, in \wiiflow\plugins\ra-hexaeco, based on windiff analysis.
Result: Didn't fix anything.
FOLLOWUP: Move MegaCD.cfg from \roms\0_hexaeco_cfg over from old SD card to new one.
RESULT: MegaCD works!
Followup: move pcdcd.cfg over from the same location, but also replace genesis_plus_gx.dol with the V7 version.
Result: RA-HEXAECO MegaCD still works. PCE CD works now.
QUESTION: Those cfg files were generated from a freshly-installed previous iteration of this plugins pack (at least according to my previous method). Why didn't it work until i imported some cfg files? What happens if i delete them?
Answer: IT BREAKS AGAIN PWEDKAPOWEKA:L WTF

Realization: some of those cfg files were in the Z__URT directory, and i deleted them. QUESTION: How did they get there? And why are they necessary to even run the emulator? Is the emulator incapable of auto-generating functional cfg files? And if so, *why*?

So yeah, that's weird. Note that Z__URT is a shorthand for the directory im building of "Ultimate ROMs Test", where i basically have the ROMs location directory structure as well as a handful of games to test for every console, and it also includes the boxcovers directory and also where i'm building a cache. Im really trying my damndest to document this process so it's more reasily replicable. I still have no idea what is up with GX4000 suddenly not working, or showing a CPC command line specifically, as WinDiff couldn't seem to find any differences relevant to this... EXCEPT some cfg files for all the GX4000 games. So uh. Guess i'll test those.

But that brings me back to my original question: Why are some of these plugins suddenly incapable of functioning without cfg files? TBH i'm trying to do this as "fresh" as possible, because i'm doing most of my testing on a CRT, but will eventually test on a widescreen monitor. I'm trying to approach this with the thinking of "I have no idea what type of display this wii will be hooked up to, but it should be able to handle a CRT without additional configuring, and a widescreen LCD monitor by copying the cfg files over".

Edit: Okay seriously, running the GX4000 emulator shouldn't give me this screen, what gives? I'm realizing this is 100% the CPC screen. What's going on?
69GzJTlouTrqR6Cas0MyFy0VVw5D2WPyRxTbJpMfZLRAc5nJ-JfvFi3f5QIr5yNDb1Ds3HqKvuCBt-lEN6FgYZblPK1krEBqXveYCtH-VBEbFlhiH3ZnH3PkGqHL6O2NMBwEDECv0l6pWK76-AplN8ItzWp8lt5yfzSiWNajQMHCUqAXyIfLE62tcaTF-YIuiC5ym-fTTIv8r5HVKrUXAxy7ZH3oluG6Eh633AuSCE6C_vmu3QSHV-J-Dv1k4OkouydA7arUOplxeDwN8jvjuMZBOUqmhNRq5tw-UzVBodVHOlnQl_IbqFPmkBzbnv40yNIPiB1iMA0b_4BlHQ5Uz59hfAse9Y7-QeDWcHo6idIkp0CzviUmDZaBfTWCZqb89S6J8HOK7DfqazoAWm-AG_lnSmYB2o6BzOHCnTnYHK0OouQWOq3WCH34tye4a_eudTs0hLhlZ-s9d609d9CHeV43Z1lugcJ_JjjofEsKaZ900_TJYKmF0rkH_-K6HWYeiIKKt-MOBROWXXYvAKl8wuBX6I7ImhzXBd95m380WDo7Cudb2Eoj_A-nBjOa6N4zS6f1siCPKIgmZ7_1qIU4OBZOdqVl-2Is0HI9Dsz1gPYJT-TcQonAQq50KazDC69X1tzOBSqTqD6BU-e_uY8FNkbAZcIKycYyu9qMaJTeeP2vNrsf-Tuz45jEExVa6rIc96YWhZwAvtdQS0JJynMHij8=w1463-h1097-no

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to remember the emulators are made and maintained by all sorts of different people. There's no unifying organizing principle for things like cfg. I did something similar to what you're trying to do, working between two versions of the plugin pack (I was 5+6), and I can say that you can subtract largely without issue, but whenever you add or modify - first, don't, but if you must, be ready for unintended consequences.

Frankly, much of the benefit of this plugins pack is that someone already went in and put together a working configuration. Trying to import just the clean version of each emulator (minus the pack's cfgs etc) is literally rebuilding a plugin, it's not using the pack. And many of these emulators do need a cfg file for proper behavior on boot as a wiiflow plugin. As far as different display types and cfg, see note 5 of the OP.

My experience: vanilla RA uses consistent cfg files in logical directories - which means it overwrites itself and takes various dumps when divided into wiiflow plugins, as they individually try to create sometimes the same sometimes different cfg files in the same places. RA-HEXAECO uses a "rougher" cfg - they go in a weird directory, as you see in the plugins pack, but at least they don't step on each others' toes. HEXAECO also generates save files in weird, rather than descriptive, directories. I consider the tradeoff to be well worth it and use HEXAECO when I can.
Yikes! TBH the one ROM i'm really testing is Near's translation of Bahamut Lagoon, and GX runs it like a champ, as far as i can tell.
I can confirm that works in Hexaeco SNES9X Next as well.

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
I think moreso the things i am confused about are "where did some of these files come from", because i seem to be missing the cfg files from the most recent version of the plugin pack, at least for... just CRT 4:3 screens or whatever.

I am now thoroughly confused about how i've gotten as much of this working as i have. See, on one of the previous iterations, FIRST I accidentally imported all the 16:9 cfg files while completely forgetting im currently working on a CRT. Huh, silly me. So, i go and delete only the ones in \roms\0_HEXAECO_cfg folder, without touching the retroarch ones. The result: This fixed things, the emulators actually *booted* and *loaded ROMs* now, and now i'm playing CPS and NeoGeo like a champ (btw i never managed to get the VM plugin working, but i think i have a slightly better understanding of why things are separate now and will go try that like you recommended). So, okay, that's cool.

THEN I find out this V7 plugin pack was released. Well, now i have to try to document all the little changes i made over the past few weeks to get things working and replicate them on this V7 pack. But now things broke, and i'm confused.

NOW, i go back to the working SD card, the one with the maximal amount of things working, where all i did was copy V7 over the previous iteration minus a few files, and i'm finding: the files in \roms\0_hexaeco_cfg are, FOR THE MOST PART, those very same 16:9 config files that i was under the impression was breaking my ability to play on CRT, but here i was, playing with those cfg files. As well as with some megaCD and pcecd cfg files (and some others) that were apparently generated by my Wii.

I no longer understand anything.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding the CRT-cfg issue, when the OP is saying "don't use these cfg" in note 5, he is referring to the optional cfg files in "Retroarch cfg files for LCD widescreen v2\", not the files included in the main pack's COPY TO folders.

FWIW, not every item in the pack is purposeful, for some plugins undoubtedly the maintainer just copied their working configuration in.

EDIT: and dont feel like you need to reedit all of v7. My plugins pack is v5 base with a few v6 items pasted on top. It's probably 80-20%. It's not like every plugin is being updated in each version, you can see many of the updates that made v7 documented in this thread - if you want that specific functionality, then import that part of v7 onto your working version.

Last edited by Exidous,

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
Well, the other problem is I'm STILL trying to get MSX to work at all on *any* iteration, and i can't figure out why. I'd also be interested in fixing Amiga and Amstrad, but those are less important to me than MSX. I'd really like to understand why the BlueMSXWii plugin just flat out isn't loading games, but is still loading the emulator and then kinda crashing(?) back to wiiflow.

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
Alright i got GX4000 working again. Still trying to figure out why MSX isn't working. Amstrad I'm calling a bust for now, as well as Amiga. As for NeoGeo, I can't seem to get the VM neogeo working, even with the cache setup properly. If i try to load, say, Metal Slug 3, it just goes back to WiiFlow when i "load" the ROM. Also, Odyssey2 still doesn't accept player2 input. I'd really appreciate any help trying to get BlueMSX Wii working. If there's something special you have to do to make it work and it doesn't just work Out The Box, lemme know.

Ripster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Alright i got GX4000 working again. Still trying to figure out why MSX isn't working. Amstrad I'm calling a bust for now, as well as Amiga. As for NeoGeo, I can't seem to get the VM neogeo working, even with the cache setup properly. If i try to load, say, Metal Slug 3, it just goes back to WiiFlow when i "load" the ROM. Also, Odyssey2 still doesn't accept player2 input. I'd really appreciate any help trying to get BlueMSX Wii working. If there's something special you have to do to make it work and it doesn't just work Out The Box, lemme know.
All of these works for me. MSX and NeoGeo was a bit tricky for me to get working but it's solved now. You said "out of the box", what I did and find to be the best solution was to combinde the MSX & MSX2 roms in a separate folder. Le'ts say "wiiflow roms". Then you just change the dirlist.xml and add the new folder with the roms you want. I'll post my plugins and dirlist for you:

<DirectoryList>
<Item Name="Wiiflow roms" Directory="Wiiflow roms"/>
<Item Name="MSX-1 Games" Directory="MSX1"/>
<Item Name="MSX-1 Contest" Directory="MSX1Contest"/>
<Item Name="MSX-2 Games" Directory="MSX2"/>
<Item Name="MSX-2 Demo disks" Directory="MSX2Demos"/>
<Item Name="MSX-2 Music disks" Directory="MSX2Music"/>
<Item Name="MSX-2+ / Turbo-R" Directory="MSX2P"/>
<Item Name="MSX Machines" Directory="Machines"/>
</DirectoryList>

[PLUGIN]
arguments=usb:/{path}/{name}
bannersound=MSX/msx.ogg
consolecoverid=msx
covercolor=ffffff
coverfolder=msx
displayname=MSX
dolfile=MSX/bluemsx-wii.dol
filetypes=.zip
magic=424D5358
romdir=MSX/Games/Wiiflow roms
rompartition=1

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@chrondelta

MSX is another one that isn't as simple as most if using blueMSX, not just as a plugin for WFL but as a stand alone emulator also. As @Ripster pointed out the folder structure and paths are strict and the .xml files are mandatory. I've been testing a RA nightly version of fmsx and it works pretty well with save/load support but blueMSX is definitely superior. I'll PM you a setup guide to get blueMSX up and working.

Tinouk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey guys, hope you're alright. Still can't get my PS1 plugin to auto boot. Have the games on the SD and configured the plugin to find the games. The emulator starts but doesn't load the iso (bin, img). I have tried everything, saw somewhere about changing the .ini from .bin to .cue on filetype and that didn't work either. Can anyone shine a light? Thanks in advance!

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, hope you're alright. Still can't get my PS1 plugin to auto boot. Have the games on the SD and configured the plugin to find the games. The emulator starts but doesn't load the iso (bin, img). I have tried everything, saw somewhere about changing the .ini from .bin to .cue on filetype and that didn't work either. Can anyone shine a light? Thanks in advance!
That solution would only work if your PS1 discs are already in .cue/.bin format.

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
Alright, can anyone replicate my errors? Here's what i'm doing. Z_I1 is the name of the directory where i'm building the SD. Here's what i have as a .bat file, which i confirmed runs as intended.
xcopy /E /I /Y "B:\WiiSDBuilding\wiiflow_v5.5.2\" "B:\Wii Hacking SDs\Z_I1"
xcopy /E /I /Y "B:\WiiSDBuilding\Wiiflow_CartDisk\" "B:\Wii Hacking SDs\Z_I1"
xcopy /E /I /Y "B:\WiiSDBuilding\Wiiflow_Database_MOD\" "B:\Wii Hacking SDs\Z_I1"
xcopy /E /I /Y "B:\WiiSDBuilding\Wiiflow_Snapshots_MOD\" "B:\Wii Hacking SDs\Z_I1"
xcopy /E /I /Y "B:\WiiSDBuilding\Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9\COPY TO ROOT\" "B:\Wii Hacking SDs\Z_I1"
xcopy /E /I /Y "B:\WiiSDBuilding\Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9 fix\COPY_TO_ROOT\" "B:\Wii Hacking SDs\Z_I1"
xcopy /E /I /Y "B:\WiiSDBuilding\Rhapsodii Shima Extras\Refined Source Menu by C2PO\COPY_TO_SD_OR_USB\" "B:\Wii Hacking SDs\Z_I1"
xcopy /E /I /Y "B:\WiiSDBuilding\Wiiflow Plugins Pack V7_MOD\COPY_TO_SD\" "B:\Wii Hacking SDs\Z_I1"
xcopy /E /I /Y "B:\WiiSDBuilding\Wiiflow Plugins Pack V7_MOD\COPY_TO_SD_OR_USB\" "B:\Wii Hacking SDs\Z_I1"
xcopy /E /I /Y "B:\WiiSDBuilding\Wiiflow Plugins Pack V7_MOD\Retroarch cfg files for LCD widescreen v2\HEXAECO\0_HEXAECO_cfg\" "B:\Wii Hacking SDs\Z_I1\ROMS\0_HEXAECO_cfg"
xcopy /E /I /Y "B:\WiiSDBuilding\Wiiflow Plugins Pack V7_MOD\Retroarch cfg files for LCD widescreen v2\Retroarch-Wii\retroarch\" "B:\Wii Hacking SDs\Z_I1\retroarch"
xcopy /E /I /Y "B:\WiiSDBuilding\BIOS\" "B:\Wii Hacking SDs\Z_I1"
xcopy /E /I /Y "B:\WiiSDBuilding\WFL BlueMSX Plugin Setup\" "B:\Wii Hacking SDs\Z_I1"
xcopy /E /I /Y "B:\WiiSDBuilding\Finalizing Apps\" "B:\Wii Hacking SDs\Z_I1"

You may be wondering, what changes i have made to Wii Plugins Pack V7? Here's a comprehensive list. The V7 plugins pack i am modifying is the version from 2/10/2022. Obviously not all of these are relevant to my errors:
1) In \wiiflow\plugins\PC Engine CD, alter Turboduo_pcefast_libretro.ini, Turboduo_pcefast_RA-HEXAECO.ini, and Turboduo_wiimednafen.ini in the following ways:
Change coverfolder to pcengine\turboduo
Change romdir to \roms\pcengine\turboduo
** This keeps your Turboduo coverflow from infesting your PC Engine CD coverflow, if you wish to use separate boxarts for them (which you might, because some games only have Turboduo/Turbografx CD boxart, and others only have the PC Engine CD jewel case boxart)
2) In \wiiflow\plugins\PS1\WiiSX_RX\WIISX_RX.ini and \wiiflow\plugins\PS1\WiiSX_R\WIISX_R.ini, make the following change:
Under filetypes, change .bin to .cue
3) In wiiflow\plugins_data\platform.ini, change Line 169 from ``43425248=DOS`` to ``43425248=ARCADE``. This makes the updated V7 file the preferred platform.ini over rhapsodii shima's default.
4) In \wiiflow\plugins\PC Engine\PCEngine_pcefast_RA-HEXAECO.ini, Change the filetypes field to .pce|.zip
5) Add genesis_gx_fastboot.dol to \wiiflow\plugins\RA-HEXAECO
6) In \wiiflow\plugins\Amstrad\wiituka.ini, change the romdir path to apps/wiituka/DISKS
7) Copy wiituka.dol from \wiiflow\plugins\Amstrad to \apps\wiituka, rename boot.dol
8) Added "Queen - 04 - I Want It All.mp3" to \wiiflow\music
9) In \wiiflow\plugins\arcade\FBA_VM\neogeo_vm.ini, change romdir to \ROMS\fba\neogeo

Database and Snapshot Changes:
DATABASE CHANGES:
1) In \wiiflow\plugins_data\PCENGINECD, edit PCENGINECD.ini and change all instances of "Ranma 1/2" to be "Ranma 1-2" (lines 264-266)
1a) OPTIONAL: In Line 123, change Ginga Ojousama Yuna to Galaxy Fraulein Yuna. In Line 124, change the game title to Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2. These games have translation patches.
2) Same directory, modify PCENGINECD.xml in the following ways:
Line 6588: Change Ranma 1/2 to Ranma 1-2
Line 6621: Change Ranma 1/2 to Ranma 1-2
Line 6653: Change Ranma 1/2 to Ranma 1-2
Line 6502: Change R-type Complete Cd to R-Type Complete CD
OPTIONAL: Lines 3430 and 3433, change the game name and title to Galaxy Fraulein Yuna
OPTIONAL: Line 3456: change the game name to Galaxy Fraulein Yuna
OPTIONAL: Line 3459: Change the title to Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2 : The Eternal Princess

SNAPSHOTS CHANGES:
UNDER \wiiflow\snapshots\PCENGINECD:
1. Renamed 14542.png to "Ranma 1-2 - Datou Ganso Musabetsu Kakutou-ryuu!.png"
2. Renamed 14570.png to "Ranma 1-2.png"
3. Renamed 14575.png to "Ranma 1-2 - Toraware No Hanayome"
4. Renamed 119203.png to "Fausseté Amour.png"
5. ADDED SNAPSHOTS MYSELF: "Galaxy Fraulein Yuna.png" and "Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2.png"
6. Added PS1 snapshots i found. I NEED TO ADD MORE STILL.

WFL BlueMSX Plugin Setup, that directory is something RunningSnakes sent to me. With that setup, BlueMSX Wii boots standalone just fine and lets me play allll the games that i've got. The bluemsx_wii.dol file in that pack for the plugin is dated 7/20/2020. When i try to load a game via that plugin, it shows me the background of the BlueMSX Wii interface, generates a semi-transparent rectangle, and then crashes gracefully back to WFL. The same thing happens if i take a boot.dol file dated 3/21/2019 and rename it bluemsx_wii.dol for the plugin. RunningSnakes put this file under "wiimpathy working" in a grab back of different BlueMSX .dols.

However, if i use a boot.dol from 8/26/2020 as bluemsx_wii.dol, the plugin doesn't load a game, but it does load the standalone BlueMSX Emulator from which i can select any game and play it. Same story for the boot.dol from 11/28/2010.

Is there anything i need to change about my process?

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
So, a few more things:
Tried out the Alien Breed Obliteration installer, and... i think it crashes midway through converting sounds, but still gets a functional game? Whenever i try to install it with what seems to be the right files, it starts to hang after converting lift.ogg, and when it unhangs, it spews out a couple more conversions i can barely see (one of them is i think "money") and then abruptly quits. If i check the alienbreed directory for sounds, the last sound there alphabetically is menu. I have experienced this across two different wii consoles on the same SD. I've also tried re-copying the files, just in case. Anyone else experiencing this?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi there @Tetsuo Shima and @RunningSnakes and all the maintainers of WiiFlow Plugins Pack
I've noticed that there is an old version of a plugin of DOSBox Wii called dosbox-wii_old.dol (inside the DOSBox folder in wiiflow/plugins)

But i couldn't find on anywhere on GBAtemp a file which has the same CRC for that old plugin.
Can anyone tell me what is that version of that old DOSBox, who made that mod for WiiFlow, and where i can find it the original file for that plugin including the .ini file for that old plugin?

Thanks in advance :)

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there @Tetsuo Shima and @RunningSnakes and all the maintainers of WiiFlow Plugins Pack
I've noticed that there is an old version of a plugin of DOSBox Wii called dosbox-wii_old.dol (inside the DOSBox folder in wiiflow/plugins)

But i couldn't find on anywhere on GBAtemp a file which has the same CRC for that old plugin.
Can anyone tell me what is that version of that old DOSBox, who made that mod for WiiFlow, and where i can find it the original file for that plugin including the .ini file for that old plugin?

Thanks in advance :)
It is possible those files are from the old Master pack, I'll check my files and get back.

@SaulFabre
I think this is what you are looking for. I have no idea who created the plugin mod, maybe @fledge68 , @Tetsuo Shima , @Wiimpathy have that information.

Attachments

• DOSBox MasterMod.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
Last edited by RunningSnakes,
Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
It is possible those files are from the old Master pack, I'll check my files and get back.

@SaulFabre
I think this is what you are looking for. I have no idea who created the plugin mod, maybe @fledge68 , @Tetsuo Shima , @Wiimpathy have that information.
Thanks @RunningSnakes ;)

Checking your file it has different dates of modification but the CRC is the same.
Also checked a bit @Wiimpathy's Dosbox_wii_r1.zip file and the CRC in its dol file is also the same.
According to the original README from Wiimpathy:
/* DOSBox Wii Version 1.7 R1 (wiimpathy) */

R1 - April 1, 2016
------------------

* GameCube pad support in-game : add joystick=fcs in Dosbox .conf file.
* Navigate menu with GC pad, open it with Start+Z.
* Mapper button to remap keyboard/controllers(same as CTRL-F1).
* New top menu buttons, from left to right: cycles, frameskip, scaler.
Push + or - to increase/decrease cycles/frameskip. Push the tv button to change the filter.
* Conf file saved automatically when exiting if values have been modified("config -wc").

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The old dosbox plugin is from Wiimpathy. Like I specified in the change log, it has a very useful feature that's missing in the dynrec mod: you can edit the Mapper files with the wiimote only, without an USB keyboard.
I used it a lot for my dosbox conf&map pack.
Be warned though, don't use the cycles adjustment feature because there's a bug: it will also automatically add scaler2x, which is useless on the Wii and slows everything down.

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
The old dosbox plugin is from Wiimpathy. Like I specified in the change log, it has a very useful feature that's missing in the dynrec mod: you can edit the Mapper files with the wiimote only, without an USB keyboard.
I used it a lot for my dosbox conf&map pack.
Be warned though, don't use the cycles adjustment feature because there's a bug: it will also automatically add scaler2x, which is useless on the Wii and slows everything down.
Thanks for the info @Tetsuo Shima, you're very kind... :)
So in the old one i can make my custom keymap what i can't in recent DOSBox-Wii mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw