Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Finally mange to solve the issue. For some odd reason I had to have retroarch on the SD card aswell. It's strange because the cache folder was created from the USB, it said. :wacko: Normally I keep all my stuffs on USB only, but some emulators cannot be used with just USB, so I guess this was one of them. Oh well, thanks alot tho for the help!

Now I just need to get my NeoGeo to start aswell and not kick me back to home screen each time I'm trying to load a rom.
which emulators you can't use on usb

Reactions: SaulFabre

Tinouk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey guys! Absolutely awesome work, can't even imagine how many hours were invested in working the kinks on all plugins and stuff. Thank you so much. I'd like to ask for some help with the FBA CPS3 plugin. Can't get controllers to work. Any help? Thanks in advance guys.

Tinouk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Awesome work guys. Congrats and thank you so much for all the hours spent fixing kinks and stuff. Would like to ask for some help with the FBA CPS3 plugin. I can't get any controllers working somehow, can anyone shine a light? Thanks in advance.

Ripster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Awesome work guys. Congrats and thank you so much for all the hours spent fixing kinks and stuff. Would like to ask for some help with the FBA CPS3 plugin. I can't get any controllers working somehow, can anyone shine a light? Thanks in advance.
You don't happen to have a Gamecube controller connected? If so, try if that one works. I forgot that I had mine connected so it worked.

Tinouk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You don't happen to have a Gamecube controller connected? If so, try if that one works. I forgot that I had mine connected so it worked.
Hey man thanks for the reply. Yeah it recognizes the GameCube controller but can't "insert coins" and when on the menu I can't select any option to try and change the settings and map another controller for example.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ripster
@matto21

Regarding "wiituka" Amstrad. I was testing this only a few weeks ago and it is definitely a finicky emulator. I did some back research as I'm sure you both did and I could not get WFL to see the ROMs through the cfg.ini using SD.

I am certain this emulator was working properly since I tested it to working status through WFL plug-in. But my testings could have been through USB only, which I used exclusively before Tetsuo began this endeavor.

I found file corruption on my SD card and narrowed it down to the "apps/wiituka" folder.
It is very possible WiiXplorer is the culprit of the file corruption. I use it on a regular basis, and it has been suspect by many to cause corruption.

After cleaning my SD card, I still cannot get WFL to recognize rom files using plugin.ini. If I change rom path, WFL sees and plays everything correctly.

I have not tested on USB yet myself but @matto21 did say it was working through USB.
Maybe this emulator needs different arguments to play correctly when using SD and /or USB.

More testing is needed so this issue can be corrected. Please post your results if you are reading this. Thanks

Going to change path length just to rule out.
I do not think this is a problem but it has happened before.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Ripster
@matto21

Regarding "wiituka" Amstrad. I was testing this only a few weeks ago and it is definitely a finicky emulator. I did some back research as I'm sure you both did and I could not get WFL to see the ROMs through the cfg.ini using SD.

I am certain this emulator was working properly since I tested it to working status through WFL plug-in. But my testings could have been through USB only, which I used exclusively before Tetsuo began this endeavor.

I found file corruption on my SD card and narrowed it down to the "apps/wiituka" folder.
It is very possible WiiXplorer is the culprit of the file corruption. I use it on a regular basis, and it has been suspect by many to cause corruption.

After cleaning my SD card, I still cannot get WFL to recognize rom files using plugin.ini. If I change rom path, WFL sees and plays everything correctly.

I have not tested on USB yet myself but @matto21 did say it was working through USB.
Maybe this emulator needs different arguments to play correctly when using SD and /or USB.

More testing is needed so this issue can be corrected. Please post your results if you are reading this. Thanks

all on HD, i did nothing i just put the roms in apps / wiituka / DISKS

[PLUGIN]
arguments=/{path}/{name}|{name}
bannersound=wiituka.ogg
consolecoverid=
covercolor=111111
coverfolder=amstrad
displayname=Amstrad
dolfile=wiituka.dol
filetypes=.zip
magic=54554B41
romdir=apps/wiituka/DISKS
rompartition=-1

Ripster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@Ripster
@matto21

Everything works perfect for me by usening the SD card for this emulator. I booted up a random game with wiiflow and it started. Some games I have won't boot up tho, but that might have to do with the games I belive, not wiiflow. Anyways. my plugins for it is:

[PLUGIN]
bannersound=Amstrad/amstrad.ogg
consolecoverid=
covercolor=ffffff
coverfolder=amstrad
displayname=Amstrad
dolfile=Amstrad/wiituka.dol
filetypes=.zip|.dsk
magic=54554B41
romdir=apps/wiituka/DISKS/wiiflow roms
rompartition=-1

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ripster
@matto21

Thanks for posting your plugin setups.
I see @matto21 is basically using the plugin pack.ini which does work for USB but does not work for SD unless the romdir= path is changed.

I see @Ripster is using a different romdir= path through SD and confirms the emulator is working correctly, as well as myself confirming the emulator works correctly from SD when the romdir= is changed.

I'm going to test using USB only with romdir= path changed to "roms/Amstrad CPC/" .
This is the path I'm using for SD and have it working correctly. If this path works for USB also, I will change the plugin.ini and update the V7 plugin pack accordingly. Thanks for testing this and posting your results.

Reactions: Ripster

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Ripster
@matto21

Thanks for posting your plugin setups.
I see @matto21 is basically using the plugin pack.ini which does work for USB but does not work for SD unless the romdir= path is changed.

I see @Ripster is using a different romdir= path through SD and confirms the emulator is working correctly, as well as myself confirming the emulator works correctly from SD when the romdir= is changed.

I'm going to test using USB only with romdir= path changed to "roms/Amstrad CPC/" .
This is the path I'm using for SD and have it working correctly. If this path works for USB also, I will change the plugin.ini and update the V7 plugin pack accordingly. Thanks for testing this and posting your results.
the wiituka folder must remain in the apps folder
transferred all roms to roms / Amstrad CPC folder
and it works, try you too
[PLUGIN]
bannersound=wiituka.ogg
consolecoverid=
covercolor=111111
coverfolder=amstrad
displayname=Amstrad
dolfile=wiituka.dol
filetypes=.zip
magic=54554B41
romdir=roms/Amstrad CPC
rompartition=-1

Last edited by matto21,
Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after testing Amstrad Wiituka emulator many different ways, my test results are...

1. Wiituka WILL NOT work as a WFL plug-in at all in my testing if used on USB only. I could never get the ROMs seen, whatever arguments I threw at it.

2. Wiituka WILL work as a WFL plug-in If used on SD only, BUT the romdir= cannot be seen by WFL if it is pointed to apps/wiituka/DISKS (Where it currently points to in V7 plugin pack).

3. Wiituka WORKS as a WFL plug-in if used with SD/USB combo. The current romdir= works wether or not it is located on SD or USB. Alternate rom paths also work with either SD or USB, BUT only if used with SD/USB together.

If anyone wants to test, please do so and post results so we can all confirm the best solution.

For now, I think the best thing to do is leave the "apps/wiituka" directory where it is since @matto21 has confirmed it is required on his setup, and we are trying to cover all angels if possible.

However, I am going to change the romdir= path to "roms/Amstrad CPC" because this path is confirmed working on both SD only and SD/USB setups. As I mentioned the current plugin pack path does not work with SD only.

If anyone has anything to add, please do so.
Thanks

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after testing Amstrad Wiituka emulator many different ways, my test results are...

1. Wiituka WILL NOT work as a WFL plug-in at all in my testing if used on USB only. I could never get the ROMs seen, whatever arguments I threw at it.

2. Wiituka WILL work as a WFL plug-in If used on SD only, BUT the romdir= cannot be seen by WFL if it is pointed to apps/wiituka/DISKS (Where it currently points to in V7 plugin pack).

3. Wiituka WORKS as a WFL plug-in if used with SD/USB combo. The current romdir= works wether or not it is located on SD or USB. Alternate rom paths also work with either SD or USB, BUT only if used with SD/USB together.

If anyone wants to test, please do so and post results so we can all confirm the best solution.

For now, I think the best thing to do is leave the "apps/wiituka" directory where it is since @matto21 has confirmed it is required on his setup, and we are trying to cover all angels if possible.

However, I am going to change the romdir= path to "roms/Amstrad CPC" because this path is confirmed working on both SD only and SD/USB setups. As I mentioned the current plugin pack path does not work with SD only.

Thanks
i noticed the args line does not include {device} so wiituka must expect the roms to be on the same partition.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks
found this - https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-an-open-source-gui-usb-loader.204106/page-634#post-4680598

wiimpathy gives a little more info that might help

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that as well. Very strange occurance on my side. I just used the v7 plugin arguments and paths after unplugging my USB and it is working. I don't know what to make of it, this problem has been bugging me for over a week and it just so happened @Ripster was having problems with this emu also. I changed rompath at least a dozen times back & forth with the same results each time. "Not Working". I pulled out my USB to test and help out, got it going (I thought) properly, put USB away and now it's working with to original romdir=. SMH

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks @fledge68

I did read that very post some days ago while trying to find out a solution. I used this emulator from time to time and recently made a forwarder channel also adding some new games. I've ran the emulator through HBC & Forwarder at least a couple dozen times I would imagine recently, so the configuration file has been updated. That's why I was and still am confused by this emulators behavior using through WFL.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minor update to Plugins Pack.

Merged 01-08-22 update with main download..
ZZ--Sounds path fix..
RA Stella6 Atari 2600 core added..

New..
mGBA 0.9.3 added..
Amstrad CPC rom path change..

Reactions: SaulFabre

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Minor update to Plugins Pack.

Merged 01-08-22 update with main download..
ZZ--Sounds path fix..
RA Stella6 Atari 2600 core added..

New..
mGBA 0.9.3 added..
Amstrad CPC rom path change..
nothing has changed with amstrad, you must always have the wiituka folder in apps
it is not a question of changing the directory where to put the roms and that the boot.dol always points to apps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...