Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
500x_androidgoogevoice.jpg
QUOTE said:
According to a trusted source who's seen it with their own eyes, the Google Phone "is a certainty."

And by "Google Phone" we don't simply mean another Android handset. We're talking about Google-branded hardware running a version of Android we haven't yet seen.

Over the next few weeks, Google Phones (most probably in early, prototype form) will flood the Mountain View campus. They'll don large LCDs while running a new version of Android—either Flan or the version of Android beyond it—which our source spotted running on Google's handset as well as a laptop. (Whatever the software was, it most certainly wasn't Chrome OS, we were assured.)

But maybe the most intriguing bit is what someone said to our source offhandedly, that the current Android, the we all know and love, is not the "real" Android. So what makes for a "real" version of Android?

Our best guess is an Android OS with Google Voice at its heart.

Source

zuron7

RBYG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Google%20phone.jpg
QUOTE said:
Leading technology news blog TechCrunch has some solid Google sources. Its past successes in Google-related information include talking about Android before anyone else, about the Chrome OS and its ‘coming this week’ tag, and several other manufacturer-related Android news. So when they stick their neck out and say that the ‘Google Phone’ we have all dreamed of is real, we would tend to believe them.

The article states that some of the information is from solid sources, while some of it is currently in the ‘rumour’ phase.

Here’s what TechCrunch is willing to stick their neck out and confirm right now:
1. Google is making a phone. No, not with HTC, not the Motorola Droid, and not anything remotely to do with a partner. This will be a Google phone in the purest sense of the word – Google branding, Google design, etc.
2. A reputed phone manufacturer will be involved, but only in the process of actually making the physical device and nothing more. Again, this is a ‘Google Phone’, out and out.
3. It is set to come out early next year.

In the unconfirmed sources, which they are chalking up to rumour at this moment, here’s the big news:
1. A Korean manufacturer will be making the device. Since Samsung already has a lot of parts in the iPhone, this would most probably mean LG partnering up with Google.
2. A “good source” has told TechCrunch that Google will be advertising it from January 2010.

In a nutshell, if you were planning to buy a Motorola Droid or any other smartphone, you might want to wait a couple of months. Start saving up, folks!

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
deanxxczx said:
Wait, theres already been a Google phone.

tmobile_g1.jpg
if i recall, isn't that the T-mobile G1?
atleast it's a T-mobile branded phone for sure, certainly not a google-phone.

and the one posted earlier isn't pure google, the interface looks an awful lot like windows mobile with a google widget on the today screen

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Google messed up Youtube, but that's about what I know so far. Anyway, I don't have a cell/smart phone nor anything, so I don't really know much about this android stuff (Other than that it's one of the more popular things for smart phones). I will probably pick one of these up if it's released by the time I do decide to get a cell phone.

quzre11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a none story. no sources and no facts.
Google will not make a handset they are not apple.
they are doing the same thing Microsoft did in the 80's
that stole 90% marketshare from Macintosh. Make a OS
and let anyone put it on anything. Worked then gonna work now.
if Google made a handset it would ruin their relationship with both
moto and HTC and that is just silly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1