The Gamer's Prayer

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

Inspired by the Rioter's Prayer I posted in the shoutbox a few days ago, I decided to write the Gamer's Prayer. This is only a rough first draft I knocked out in the last 10 minutes, but it shows promise. What do you think so far?

Our Father,
Who Art Nintendo,
Hallowed be thy games.
Kingdom Hearts come
Level Up be done
On Earth as it is in Midgar
Give us this day our daily codes
And forgive us our GameSharking
As we forgive those who spawn-camp against us.
Lead us not into piracy
But deliver us from Jack Thompson
For yours is the Mana,

The 1-Ups and the rare drops,

Saved on a spare memory card,

Starmen

In Pad We Trust.

Not bad for me pissing about for a few minutes with a daft idea. Improvement suggestions are welcomed.

New Top Ten list is also in the works by the way. In between doing random stuff like this, writing my Gentleman's Handbook, continuing with my Star Fox Wii script, and actually living my life. So it might take a while. But it's on the way.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Old8oy said:
lmao...that should be on a t-shirt

Funny you should say that. First thing I thought up when I finished that draft was 'I am so TOTALLY putting that on a T-shirt'. I even posted words to that effect on Facebook.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just gonna leave this here...I made it with Paint so if anyone wants to spruce it up a touch, go ahead. Just remember that it was my idea when you try to sell it as a T-shirt 'cause I got the evidence.

291968_10150269417547530_768152529_7599933_7093155_n.jpg

I'd TOTALLY buy more Nintendo Points Cards if they were like that, like a Nintendo bank note. Hell, there are Doctor Who bank notes out there, why not these?

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
emigre said:
Well that was rather cheesy.

Isn't the internet about 80% cheese, though? Lolcats, for example. Like I said, this was just my way of killing a few minutes of my otherwise empty life with Heather notably absent until further notice
frown.gif

Speaking of cheese, I need a sandwich. Be right back.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually just had a word with a friend of mine who dabbles in such matters. She says she'll help me make a few T-shirts of it. Once I know how much they'll cost I'll see how many I can afford and maybe send some out if the finances don't fail me too hard.

Totally off topic but I'm currently watching Robin Hood Prince of Thieves (primarily for the fantastic performance by Alan Rickman) and I looked it up on IMDB. Sean Connery got paid $250,000 for TWO DAYS WORK. He appears for a few moments at the end of the film as King Richard, and as such was only needed for two days of filming. Apparantly he then donated all of that money to charity. Must be fuckin' sweet to be Connery. Not only are you making a mint, but you're making SUCH a mint you can afford to give away more money than most people earn in ten years and not even blink an eye...Respect to him for helping charity.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hah. I'd like the "In pad we trust" with a NES controller, but without all the Mario background, on a T-shirt.

Should also add a "(g)amen" at the end to finish it out.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
injected11 said:
Hah. I'd like the "In pad we trust" with a NES controller, but without all the Mario background, on a T-shirt.

Should also add a "(g)amen" at the end to finish it out.

Handy, I happen to have that image kicking around on my hard drive from earlier. Figured it needed a bit more 'pep' hence the Mario background.

And I added 'Starmen' because it sounds like 'Amen'. That and back when I was very young and my gaming skills had not yet developed, I swore by the Starman and his gift of 15 seconds of precious invincibility. Without that little flashing gift from the heavens I could NEVER get past Hammer Brothers. I was awful back then...

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The image is a bit stretchy and has some nasty compression artifact, in my opinion, but that's nothing that can't be helped.

Awesome prayer is awesome.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
I want this as a T-Shirt. NAOW.

Well good news. We're pricing it up right now. If nothing else, I'm having one. If the job situation picks up soon, I'll use my ill-gotten gains to make a few more. I'll post details when I have them.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thinking of making a few alterations. Maybe change 'Kingdom Hearts come' to 'mushroom kingdom come', speaks to a wider audience. Flows a touch better.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
You know what would be even more awesome? If you can make a profit out of selling the shirts.

You really deserve it.

Maybe once I've made a few, I'll send some to places like Screwattack, sell them the design. They can go ahead and make a mint on the shirts provided I'm given a little for my efforts. Must be a tonne of websites that do gaming related t-shirts that'd like to add this to their repertoire.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    It's the Switcheroo
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's the Switcheroo